Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: What is component protection active?  (Read 10385 times)
nupustas

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2022, 09:16:39 PM »

Nah.  Im just looking at the area above 5k. I have adjusted ldrxn up again and again, but requested doesnt change at all.  It keeps tapering downward. Its as if i could tell ldrxn to request 40lbs and it would still end up with the same 18lb request.

Kfmirl and kflhbn are both set much higher. So i dont know whats limiting it.

Could it be kfmiop?  S4wiki says not to touch this though?

You set kfmirl much higher, but left kfmiop stock?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2022, 10:24:43 PM »

No clue. You literally didn't log any of the load limiters - ldrlms, ldrlts or torque requests misopl1, milsol
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:28:03 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
tadope

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2022, 11:12:08 PM »

You set kfmirl much higher, but left kfmiop stock?

Yep. I literally haven't read anywhere saying that you should raise kfmiop.  S4wiki literally says not to touch it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2022, 12:16:58 AM »

It doesn't say you shouldn't touch it. It says you shouldn't alter the max values of iop

The rest is here https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Tuning_KFMIOP_and_KFMIZUFIL
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:20:59 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nupustas

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2022, 11:16:16 AM »

Yep. I literally haven't read anywhere saying that you should raise kfmiop.  S4wiki literally says not to touch it.

KFMIOP - inverse map of KFMIRL. If you touch KFMIRL(for high power levels, i set only 2-3 last rows), you should set new KFMIOP axis, and interpolate KFMIOP map. This how i understand, this how it works for me. After that, you need to log, and maybe adjust some areas. Anyway, it's very good start for tweaking these maps
tadope

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2022, 11:01:13 PM »

Yeah i'm having trouble understanding how to adjust kfmiop.
If I adjust kfmiop down to match the ammount kfmirl went up, then how do I do that? kfmirl is load # and kfmiop is  a %.
I mean I can guess it, but would be nice to be accurate.

So far, I upped kfmirl to 225 (for the map limit), and the kfmiop top axis to 225.  But the kfmiop values are stock.
SO then doesn't that mean that the top row of kfmiop is naturally lowered because the top axis is bigger so the top value is lower?

Also I saw in the community 1.8t stage1+ file, the kfmirl and kfmiop were both raised UP.  ??  So the community proj is in error?

No clue. You literally didn't log any of the load limiters - ldrlms, ldrlts or torque requests misopl1, milsol

is it "milsol" or "misol"  I couldn't find any milsol in my melogr but I did find misol.
I added all those to my logs from now on.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 11:07:04 PM by tadope » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2022, 09:06:25 AM »

is it "milsol" or "misol"  I couldn't find any milsol in my melogr but I did find misol.
I added all those to my logs from now on.
milsol, but you'll need to disassemble to find it, since me7info won't extract it. sadly, me7info is abandonware. Someday someone will make a drop in replacement for it and other vars can be added.

You'll also want the other items mentioned in that section.

ECUx Plot

tadope

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2022, 02:41:00 PM »

Ahhhhhhh i got it!!!
I'm a total dummy.
It was kfdhbn the whole time.
I had changed the top row like other maps not thinking that its temperature based not load based.

Oops. Haha. Ok my boost request is controlled now
tadope

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2022, 08:27:13 AM »

KFMIOP - inverse map of KFMIRL. If you touch KFMIRL(for high power levels, i set only 2-3 last rows), you should set new KFMIOP axis, and interpolate KFMIOP map. This how i understand, this how it works for me. After that, you need to log, and maybe adjust some areas. Anyway, it's very good start for tweaking these maps

Thanks!
tadope

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2022, 08:47:16 PM »

Can anyone confirm that I did the kfmiop, kfzwop, and kfmirl correctly?

I increased the last row in kfmirl 20%, then increased the last row axis by 20%,  then decreased the last row kfmiop by 20%.
i did not touch kfzwop, but the changed axis effects kfzwop as well.

Not sure if i'm supposed to adjust zwop somehow.
tadope

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2022, 08:58:55 PM »

bin and xdf
nupustas

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2022, 09:10:03 PM »

Can anyone confirm that I did the kfmiop, kfzwop, and kfmirl correctly?

I increased the last row in kfmirl 20%, then increased the last row axis by 20%,  then decreased the last row kfmiop by 20%.
i did not touch kfzwop, but the changed axis effects kfzwop as well.

Not sure if i'm supposed to adjust zwop somehow.

Your maps looks like crap. Did you read my post above?
tadope

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2022, 09:50:41 PM »

im lost as to how to "interpolate kfmiop". so I simply did the inverse operation of what I did to kfmirl.
not saying it's right. That's why I posted. Trying to figure it out here, but I've found zero documentation explaining exactly how you're supposed to adjust kfmiop in regards to kfmirl changes.

Perhaps you can explain. Or at least elaborate on what "your maps look like crap" means.
nupustas

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2022, 01:18:40 AM »

im lost as to how to "interpolate kfmiop". so I simply did the inverse operation of what I did to kfmirl.
not saying it's right. That's why I posted. Trying to figure it out here, but I've found zero documentation explaining exactly how you're supposed to adjust kfmiop in regards to kfmirl changes.

Perhaps you can explain. Or at least elaborate on what "your maps look like crap" means.
Ok. Do you know that interpolate means and how to interpolate? If no,google should help-it's just a math,so you didnt find info about that in this forum. While you didint undestand interpolation,you shouldnt change these maps. Besides,you must to interpolate others maps when rescaling axis.Dont miss this step. It's not easy for first time, but worth to learn.
Blazius

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2022, 09:58:29 AM »

Stop messing about and use prj's excel file for IOP interpolation. It's the best and only one I've seen so far that generates values within 1% of stock files. Also inverse does not mean mathematical inverse, they are 2 different things.

You can find it in one of the threads he started ages ago.

Example on what it does vs OEM BAM IOP:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: