Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: What is component protection active?  (Read 10532 times)
tadope

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2022, 01:40:44 PM »

Ok thanks to both of you.
I will use the excel sheet. 
But in the meantime I think It's important for my growth in tuning that I learn how the process actually works.
I'll look up how interpolate works mathematically.

Also I did not know that "inverse" was not mathematically inverse.

prj

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2022, 02:00:27 PM »

It is an inverse lookup. But if you don't know what linear interpolation is, then it makes me scratch my head.
Over here this stuff is learned in primary school. It's on the curriculum, as it's used in basic geometry, you take two points, determine the linear function and then solve f(x) = y for the x that you need.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 02:02:55 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2022, 03:00:40 PM »

Over here this stuff is learned in primary school. It's on the curriculum, as it's used in basic geometry

In the US, primary school is utterly useless, combined with the fact that the consensus is "oh math, i'll never use that".

It's both infuriating and totally unsurprising in equal parts.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
tadope

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2022, 04:10:52 PM »

In the US, primary school is utterly useless, combined with the fact that the consensus is "oh math, i'll never use that".

It's both infuriating and totally unsurprising in equal parts.

it's very true.  unless you have some specific reason to study math as a major, like becoming a math professor, or go into engineering or something like that, then you can pretty much skip the subject entirely!!!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2022, 04:12:50 PM »

The point is, no, you can't.

You should not skip it, you should fucking learn it. Only total fucking losers (and future fry cooks) think "oh math, i'll never use it". You aren't a math prof, and you absolutely should know what interpolation is before going anywhere near an ECU.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 04:14:27 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
tadope

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2022, 04:21:26 PM »

The point is, no, you can't.

You should not skip it, you should fucking learn it. Only total fucking losers (and future fry cooks) think "oh math, i'll never use it". You aren't a math prof, and you absolutely should know what interpolation is before going anywhere near an ECU.

well.. that's exactly why I haven't used the spreadsheet yet
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2022, 04:25:04 PM »

Your response should have been "I should not have touched my ECU until i understood interpolation"

ECUx Plot

tadope

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2022, 05:20:16 PM »

Your response should have been "I should not have touched my ECU until i understood interpolation"

Isn't that a little severe? Or are you just joking?
 I've been able to do everything else.
Just the kfmirl last row limits my maximum boost.

Heck i been literally running a stage 2+ tune done all by myself, with a full wideband conversion. nonstock maf, nonstock injectors, 4bar fpr upgrade, 19-21lbs of boost. advanced timing.  really good mafg readings.
And the car runs smooth on it. I've even done two track days on the engine with zero issues.

It's simply going well enough that I want to try the 5120hack out. But i'll need to go higher than stock kfmirl.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 05:22:28 PM by tadope » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: