Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Problem need urgent help.... ME7.1 / 8D0 907 551 C  (Read 3164 times)
pveeningen

« on: December 01, 2021, 04:04:27 AM »

Hello i have an Audi A4 S4 B5 with an ME7.1 ecu. 8D0 907 551 C.
I wanted to tweak the ecu a bit, but when i opened the ecu up, i saw that there was an ABT EDaS V2.01 board in it, with an 29F800BA flash.

So i desoldered the flash and tried to read it in an programmer, and by every brand i clicked on my TLL886 it would not read.. So reading that or writing that chip is impossible.. (desoldering the pins where the board came up are not in good shape anymore) SO can not make it like it was again...

And because the original flash i found online in the s4wiki was 512kb, i had an old ecu from an car laying around, with an M29F400BB so i had ORI file 8D0 907 551 C, and putted this on that flash with programmer without problems and first checksumed it by winols.
But i don't think this flash is supported by the ecu, because i get no partnumber etc in VCDS... What flash is original in this ecu?

Also the Eeprom i desoldered and tried to read it with USB UPA, no problem so far, but when i wrote the immo off file on it. It was completely blank after that all filled with zero's....
So tried with the eeprom software from here, with KKL cable, and one time i did manage to get in into boot mode and it started to write the eeprom... (struggled a long time with it!)  But i have not verified if that has gone good so far.. (need to desolder it again then, and try to only read it by USB UPA)

But VCDS is not seeing the ecu the way it should be... No partnumbers etc are displayed... So the car don't start..

What is the best thing to do now, and i also here people about switching to another ecu, because they use 1mb files and can be read by OBD.. or is it possible to put also the flash 29F800BB in it. and is it OBD readable and writeable then? Is that depending only on the flash, or also especially that it is an C-box
I have now a non starting car, because i have messed things up a bit...

Which ecu's can i use in such cars? Or what flash is there original in this ecu's?

Any possiblity to make the car running again? I have plenty of tools... Also tuning tools... So please can anybody give me some information what i can use right now??

Greetings Patrick.
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 04:06:30 AM »

ABT does often use Pin swap

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
pveeningen

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 04:25:39 AM »

What do you mean exactly by that?? So that could be the reason that i can not read the 29F800BA from ABT in programmer?
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 04:46:39 AM »

What do you mean exactly by that?? So that could be the reason that i can not read the 29F800BA from ABT in programmer?
Yes Smiley

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
gremlin

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 05:51:16 AM »

Desoldered flash chip can be read in external programmer, no problems. Data and address lines swaping which is used on this subboard has not affect.  
Even you if can read dump from bare chip desoldered from edas board it will be useless - file would be encrypted.
But you could readed decrypted dump direct from edas if used trick - shorttwo pins on edas 10-pin service connector and read ecu in boot mode.
Here was a discussion about this riser board
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=19357.0title=
If nothing helps you can use original file and eeprom example (immooff on) from attachment.
HTH.

PS: As new flash chip you must use AM29F400BB only!!! Don't try use 800BB - will not work!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 06:31:35 AM by gremlin » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 07:26:44 AM »

PS: As new flash chip you must use AM29F400BB only!!! Don't try use 800BB - will not work!

It's possible to use 29F800 in a 551C ECU, if you double up the file inside it Smiley been there done that!

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
gremlin

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 09:16:05 AM »

It's possible to use 29F800 in a 551C ECU, if you double up the file inside it

Grin
Possible, but not as simple direct chip replacement and only doubled dump is not enough.
You must made some hardware changes in PCB board before solder 800 chip instead of 400.
prj

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 09:41:41 AM »

Grin
Possible, but not as simple direct chip replacement and only doubled dump is not enough.
You must made some hardware changes in PCB board before solder 800 chip instead of 400.
It is 100% enough. Probably won't ever be able to flash it outside a programmer though.
Have a look at the pinouts of the two chips and it will be clear why it works this way.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 09:46:01 AM »

I can't remember if I had that 800 on a socket or how I flashed it but I seem to remember it would flash in boot mode just fine, but don't quote me on that, it was over 10 years ago!

gremlin

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 03:12:49 PM »

Doing replace 800 instead 400 only by dump doubling is not technically correct way.
In this case A18 flash chip input stay floating, hangs in the air and can catch interference.
OK,OK you will say that doubling "hidden" possible interference affect of unstable input state. Grin

But there is a much better way to use 800 in placе of 400.
Just solder null resistor (or connect points) in place shown on the picture.
In this case you don't need doubling dump  Wink
IamwhoIam

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2021, 02:02:22 AM »

Where were you with all your knowledge approximately 12-13 years ago when I had to do this for whatever reason?

pveeningen

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 08:10:24 AM »

I have managed to get it running again! With ORI flash from S4wiki, and needed to use a new eeprom, it had become corrupt somehow, and wrote immooff on it.

I think they had erased something in the old file because the OIL can is now on dash... all the lights are off further.
And with that ABT board the oil can for oil pressure was not displayed.. No faults at all..

Anybody maybe knows something about this??
prj

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 12:36:31 PM »

lol the oil pressure warning on these is purely mechanical from sensor to dash. Nothing to do with ECU.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jahko

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2021, 02:04:20 PM »

now you do need urgent help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: