Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Car won't make boost over 10PSI  (Read 2181 times)
JavaCrash

« on: January 17, 2022, 01:48:54 AM »

Working on getting a stage 3 tune going, and I can't boost over 10PSI. I have attached a log. I've only changed the "requested boost" section in the tune. I think I need to adjust KFVPDKSD/E but I can't quite understand how/where to change it, since I have mamba K04s, and the cracking pressure for those is about 0.8bar. That's just my theory, if something else is wrong and it's spotted I would greatly appreciate it.

I am tuning for a M box ecu. I modify the requested boost via the nefmoto stage 1 XDF, and use nyets full XDFs for everything else.

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 03:12:31 AM »

Wastegate 95% and no boost
Did you know what it means?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 09:44:16 AM »

Fundamentally, if you are stuck on this, or unaware it isn't a problem, you should likely step back from your project, go back to stock, and review a lot more tuning basics.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
JavaCrash

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 03:59:52 PM »

Did you know what it means?

it means the wastegates are almost fully open, and I wouldn't be able to make boost over 12 psi because of that. Thanks for pointing that out.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 04:56:48 PM »

it means the wastegates are almost fully open, and I wouldn't be able to make boost over 12 psi because of that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Closed.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
JavaCrash

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 05:05:01 PM »

Closed.

I see that now, I've been reading and have found a couple of usefull links

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Wastegate_bypass_regulator_valve

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=20262.0title=

It seems like I'm having the same symptoms as the post above, but I'm not too sure how to go about properly tuning/diagnosing what my exact issue is.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 05:19:14 PM »

0% - wg opened, no boost
95% - wg closed, full boost

Its a hw issue
Check n75 for properly installation
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 05:25:09 PM »

It seems like I'm having the same symptoms as the post above, but I'm not too sure how to go about properly tuning/diagnosing what my exact issue is.

Your problem is not tuning. I'm baffled that you haven't made the connection yet between wastegates totally closed *and not making boost*.

ECUx Plot

JavaCrash

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 06:04:31 PM »

0% - wg opened, no boost
95% - wg closed, full boost

Its a hw issue
Check n75 for properly installation

sure enough. Pulled my motor out to check all of this. Drivers side turbo was close to correct, so i set it properly. Passenger side however, the arm was tightened improperly, and the wastegate was completely open. I set both of these correctly. Thanks gents.
dream

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2022, 06:04:29 AM »

This sounds like an hardware issue as mentioned.

Check your turbo, check WG, check DV, check N75, check turbo to intake for leaks, check vacuüm line leaks, check exhaust.
If no issues there present perform compression test to see if the engine is still healthy.

95% WG duty-cycle means WG 'should be' closed (if no mechanic failures are present). Period.

zCruuz

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2022, 01:21:35 AM »

Had some similar issue on the car of a friend that only made about 11 psi.
Was really clueless for weeks what could be broken. Everything was tested N75 opened and made clicky noise, then we grabbed an old OEM N75 from the junkyard and threw the new aftermarket part in the trash.
Car instantly made 20 psi. And this was no cheap ebay N75, it was directly from well known local car part store.
So it seems that this aftermarket crap does not open enough.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: