Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help me identify this device installed instead of 29F800 flash  (Read 7203 times)
blairl

Anyone ever seen something like this before?  I was helping a team at a 24h of Lemons race flash their car back to stock, two of their ECUs had these things inside them.  Couldn't write to them.  I was able to read the flash, which raised even more questions once I took a look at the file. 

ECU reports it's an 06A 906 032 HS.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 09:10:22 AM by blairl » Logged

LAMFAWKR, did anyone else find this variable funny?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 09:52:46 PM »

That's not a flash, thats a riser that just looks like a flash to the ECU.

I think you vastly misunderstand what you are looking at.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
d3irb

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 10:38:03 PM »

This is an APR "EMCS 2." It's a fancy Flash emulator board built using an AMD flash chip and a Xilinx CPLD. You could program it at home using a goofy little tool that APR sold with it, that plugged into the ribbon connector you see on the board. I think it supported some kind of map switching. It's probably not worth figuring out in 2022, just get a normal flash chip and make a tune.
blairl

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 07:32:34 PM »

This is an APR "EMCS 2." It's a fancy Flash emulator board built using an AMD flash chip and a Xilinx CPLD. You could program it at home using a goofy little tool that APR sold with it, that plugged into the ribbon connector you see on the board. I think it supported some kind of map switching. It's probably not worth figuring out in 2022, just get a normal flash chip and make a tune.
Thanks man, very cool info I’ll look into it. Looks like a neat piece of hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LAMFAWKR, did anyone else find this variable funny?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 07:50:15 PM »

Thanks man, very cool info I’ll look into it. Looks like a neat piece of hardware.

not sure "neat" is the adjective i'd use. Replace with a normal flash chip, done.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
royce5950

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 05:26:08 AM »

I didnt have a look at the file, however if I remember correctly it should be scrambled APR tune.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 07:32:24 PM »

There is nothing of any interest or use in this thread whatsoever.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: