Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32
Author Topic: Dialing in the single  (Read 248433 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 12:04:12 AM »

i generally do all fueling with krkte, tvub, and MAF tables. i have yet to need to adjust fkkvs. ymmv.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 12:18:52 AM »

I was originally using the KFKHFM map before, I just didnt like how it started moving load around....second thought, Maybe I need to move load around consodering my plot tapered off pretty steep after it hit the peak load.  What map do you think I should use along with the KFKHFM to get the fueling lined up better?

Getting the part and idle right is going to be a pain since I dont use LTFT.  I havent had much luck tweaking TVUB ogg of STFT.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:21:56 AM by marcellus » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2012, 09:46:10 PM »

I opened the VGT some more so the spool would be really long.  I am having a hard time seeeing why the AFT goes so low.  I am adding more fuel to match WOT at the end of the run, but that massive dip in AFR is really bugging me.  The AFR at the end is just the VGT being wide open now, and I think it is flowing a lot more air in its new position.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:48:33 PM by marcellus » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »

If you are adjusting more than 3-4% in KFKFM you have something very wrong with your maf or fuel system.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »

In the above log kfkhfm was all 1.0 IIRC.  I just made changes to it in the middle rpm/upper load areas that corresponded to the rich area in the log.  I think my lowest is .94xx-ish.   Can you take a look and tell me what you think?  I just made these changes to the file after the above log.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:38:58 PM by marcellus » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 10:26:04 AM »

I just recentered kfkhfm, and took my krkte and tvub back down.  I think I am heading in the wrong direction, and need to look at why it is going lean at the end of the runs vs.  why it is going rich.  I keep looking at the fuel curve, and it is following the requested curve (just a whole lot richer) until the middle of the run, and then the AFR goes lean.  With that observation I think I would be better off (easier) getting the part that is actually following in line with requested, and use those KRKTE and TVUB #'s for the rest of the curve.

Once I get it to line up, what should I do to get the lean area at the end of the run dialed in?  It seems as if the MAF is loosing track of how much air is being pulled in, but to tweak the KFKHFM to get those areas dialed seems a bit excessive.   
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »

Once I get it to line up, what should I do to get the lean area at the end of the run dialed in?  It seems as if the MAF is loosing track of how much air is being pulled in, but to tweak the KFKHFM to get those areas dialed seems a bit excessive.   

My rationale is that the most common reason for actual not meeting requested AFR (assuming the car is mechanically 100%) is that the MAF isn't metering the air correctly, as you said.. So it makes sense to me to tweak KFKHFM until it is right. If your fuel system is 100% linear (or at least close enough), once you have actual AFR matching requested AFR, you know you have your MAF right... which is a good thing, since MAF readings are used for all kinds of things in ME7.

So really, what I'm saying is, getting actual to match req AFR is kind of a secondary thing; what you are really doing is calibrating your MAF Smiley

I mean, if all you cared about was actual AFR, you could just mess around with req AFR until actual is what you want. But that would mean that something isn't right; either your fuel system isn't linear, or your MAF values are completely wrong.

I see a lot of noob tunes where the req AFR is totally completely screwed up, but they don't care because the actual AFR is more or less what they want. I think that is a mistake. Again, that is just my opinion.

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 12:05:41 PM »

My rationale is that the most common reason for actual not meeting requested AFR (assuming the car is mechanically 100%) is that the MAF isn't metering the air correctly, as you said.. So it makes sense to me to tweak KFKHFM until it is right. If your fuel system is 100% linear (or at least close enough), once you have actual AFR matching requested AFR, you know you have your MAF right... which is a good thing, since MAF readings are used for all kinds of things in ME7.

So really, what I'm saying is, getting actual to match req AFR is kind of a secondary thing; what you are really doing is calibrating your MAF Smiley

I mean, if all you cared about was actual AFR, you could just mess around with req AFR until actual is what you want. But that would mean that something isn't right; either your fuel system isn't linear, or your MAF values are completely wrong.

I see a lot of noob tunes where the req AFR is totally completely screwed up, but they don't care because the actual AFR is more or less what they want. I think that is a mistake. Again, that is just my opinion.

Agreed.  Thanks! 

Something is really bugging me about this setup right now.  I didnt get around to pressure testing the system over the weekend.  I am going to try and get it done after work to day for my own sanity.
marcellus

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2012, 09:39:50 PM »

I did a pressure test today and found two leaks. One from the Map sensor.  I guess I forgot/lost the o-ring from whe I got the flange welded to my charge piping.  The other was from a small crack in my intake tube.  I sealed both of them up and the car was noticeably smoother. 

Before and after log.  Note the max MAF readings.  I think it was sucking in unmetered air hence the lean condition.  I am going to recheck it tomorrow.
jibberjive

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2012, 09:47:30 PM »

I don't see a lean condition in that first attached graph...
marcellus

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2012, 09:58:48 PM »

A few graphs up.  I have been tweaking the fueling to counter it, instead of actually fixing the problem. 
marcellus

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 08:45:51 PM »

Did some more boost leak testing and I think it is all sealed up now.  I added a little bit more to the KRKTE and then I think all the rest will be done with the MAF maps....once I make sure idle and STFT are ok.
marcellus

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2012, 09:24:54 PM »

I had the filter configured screwy...... Shocked 

Still something going on at the end of the run.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2012, 10:20:59 PM »

Out of injector?

Post injector duty and MAF...

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »

I have plenty injector left.  I am running less boost since the VGT is wide open and spool is so slow and late. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: