Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32
Author Topic: Dialing in the single  (Read 248338 times)
marcellus

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 11:10:14 AM »

The lean condition happens consistently at 150-ish% load.  My KFKHFM map only goes up to 159.750.  Does the axis on this map or any other map need to be changed to go past the load that i am going lean at?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »

Hitting the load limit generally isn't a problem. Hitting MAF or injector duty limit definitely is.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 12:26:05 PM »

from what I have seen the injectors arent maxed, and at the boost I am running now ~15psi max with a very very slow spool up, I dont think the MAF is either.  The logs a few pages back, when you said the MAF is porobably maxed I was running 23-26psi.  The injector duty cycle back then was around 60%.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »

Pressure test again; the only reason to go that lean with that duty cycle is a post MAF intake leak..

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 02:52:58 PM »

YESSIR!
Snow Trooper

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »

Cross reference your fuel maps and your actual load at 15 psi. You might not be getting into the tuned parts of your maps.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
marcellus

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »

Fuel maps like AFR versus LOAD? 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2012, 04:08:23 PM »

Cross reference your fuel maps and your actual load at 15 psi. You might not be getting into the tuned parts of your maps.

Which maps? His req AFR looks fine all the way to redline...

Which leaves MAF tables and FKKVS..

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »

That, and I think all the charts I posted show the AFR versus the LOAD.  The FKK and KFK maps are still all 1.00.
marcellus

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2012, 06:47:27 PM »

Three more leaks found.  One silicone coupler from a slightly out of round pipe, brake booster line was rubbing against something and worn through, and loose hose on the fuel pressure regulator.   Shocked  Pressure tested to about 40psi and held, so hopefully that fixes the issue.  
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:33:30 PM by marcellus » Logged
userpike

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 08:16:38 PM »

Three more leaks found.  One silicone coupler from a slightly out of round pipe, brake booster line was rubbing against something and worn through, and loose hose on the fuel pressure regulator.   Shocked  Pressure tested to about 40psi, so hopefully that fixes the issue. 
how do you deal with the air that rushes out the oil fill hole in the valve cover? I hooked my compressor to the FPR vac line and air flows freely out the valve cover oil filler hole..so frustrating because I can't hear anything else but that. I've done the soapy water bottle trick also but don't know where to spray...cant hear to spray...so I just spray everything!! and then soapy mess on everything..
 I know you clamp the hose that connects to the pressure regulating valve (hocky puck lookin thing connected to the TIP). My pcv system is 034motorsports silicone everything including their billet PVC valve and full catch can kit. sprayed all of it and no leaks there. checked the pcv valve before i installed, it it's a check ball design good for high psi and shouldn't fail anytime soon..

http://www.034motorsport.com/engine-components-18t-check-valve-18t-27t-aan-pcv-billet-p-21834.htm

I thought about timing and if some of the valves are open because the cam lobes are pushing them..allowing pressurized air into the cylinders..and blowby.. i just thought about this as I'm typing...maybe if i turn the engine over while I listen to the air rushing out I can determine when all the intake valves are closed or as close to that as possible. maybe this will do something to quiet the noisiness so i can be a little more strategic in spraying soapy water for boost leaks.
marcellus

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »

how do you deal with the air that rushes out the oil fill hole in the valve cover? I hooked my compressor to the FPR vac line and air flows freely out the valve cover oil filler hole..so frustrating because I can't hear anything else but that. I've done the soapy water bottle trick also but don't know where to spray...cant hear to spray...so I just spray everything!! and then soapy mess on everything..
 I know you clamp the hose that connects to the pressure regulating valve (hocky puck lookin thing connected to the TIP). My pcv system is 034motorsports silicone everything including their billet PVC valve and full catch can kit. sprayed all of it and no leaks there. checked the pcv valve before i installed, it it's a check ball design good for high psi and shouldn't fail anytime soon..

http://www.034motorsport.com/engine-components-18t-check-valve-18t-27t-aan-pcv-billet-p-21834.htm

I thought about timing and if some of the valves are open because the cam lobes are pushing them..allowing pressurized air into the cylinders..and blowby.. i just thought about this as I'm typing...maybe if i turn the engine over while I listen to the air rushing out I can determine when all the intake valves are closed or as close to that as possible. maybe this will do something to quiet the noisiness so i can be a little more strategic in spraying soapy water for boost leaks.

It sounds like you are pressurizing the crank case.  I dont think it matters where the valves are at/cams are at.  The upper head are where the cams and valcovers are at should be completely sealed from pressure from the valve piston/combustion events.  When I had a pcv system in my car I would do a check with the PCV line pulled from the intake tract and the both ends capped.  I am kind of foggy, it has been a looong time since my car had the pancake/pcv valve setup in it.  Maybe pull the PCV lines and cap both ends. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:24:22 PM by marcellus » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 09:31:48 PM »

Looks a lot better.  I think fixing the leak at the fuel pressure regulator was the key to fixing the lean under boost conditions.  Shocked.

I thought if there was a leak post MAF the car would run rich under boost and lean under vac.  Either way, I feel a lot better now, thanks fro your help thus far! Wink

Forgot to re-adjust the filter.  See second log.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:36:04 PM by marcellus » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 09:51:44 PM »

One more showing the MAF.  Nothing in the file changed.  
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:55:05 PM by marcellus » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 10:37:38 PM »

AWESOME! now just add a bit of KFKHFM at those lean load/rpm points and you're good to go.

OR it might be a better bet to add 5% krkte first... having your trims pull a bit of fuel part throttle is never a bad thing.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: