Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32
Author Topic: Dialing in the single  (Read 248484 times)
marcellus

« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »

I revision later and I have this:  Still second gear. 

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:09:44 PM by marcellus » Logged
prj

« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2012, 12:55:14 AM »

Well done.

Now it's time to quit running baby boost and crank it up.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
marcellus

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »

I have a quick question.  I have been palying with the MAF scaling and have been "underscaling" it to get the fueling better.  I have noticed that each time I scale it, the car progressively gets slower and slower.  I flashed back to a MLHFM that I used a while ago, and it was night and day as far as performance...(logged,recorded, FATS)

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.msg23615#msg23615

I have been following this thread along with a few others.  Apparently there are other maps that need to be messed with to go along with the underscaled MAF.  Thinking about it, I came up with the timing maps kfzw/2.  What else needs to be gone through to compliment the MAF scaling?  

In the thread above :  "It works more or less OK, but of course spoolup could be improved by properly using the PID and underscaling LOAD takes a while to dial in, even if you only do it up top."- PRJ.   At what area would you start underscaling the MAF so you dont mess with the idle/cruise?

Right now I think I am overcompensating in the KFKHM map trying to pull fuel out of the 4000-5500 rpm range.  If I pull from KRKTE I start going really lean again.  I am seeing that my best fueling is when the load was around 190ish. 

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:12:09 AM by marcellus » Logged
prj

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2012, 10:12:57 AM »

You can start at about 120-130 load and progressively go higher.
Do the same with KFLF to offset it.

Set the KFKHFM map to just linearly taper down. Do all mixture corrections via KFLF.
Rescale KFLF axes for more RPM, etc.

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2012, 10:15:48 AM »

I have noticed that each time I scale it, the car progressively gets slower and slower.

Slower, how?

There are only 3 things that affect power

boost, AFR, timing

Which is changing when you rescale, and why?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2012, 11:07:29 AM »

I can see the timing getting lower and lower as I rescale.  Still doing most of my logging in second gear, i have gone from a 1.4x ish Fats to a 2.4ish.  Its a difference I can feel every time I rescale.  Does the IRL and IOP need to be moved some since they deal with load also.  Maybe I am not requesting enough torque at the new lower load values?  Requested torque does have to do with timing and boost correct?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2012, 11:18:37 AM »

Unless you are getting torque intervention, all of your timing is from the timing maps (KFZW)

Get your fueling/load where you want it, then fix up KFZW. Stop worrying about your HP and get everything where you want it first.

You are over complicating things by worrying about power output.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »

I am not worried about the power output right now, I am just noticing a trend.  The more I scale to get the fueliong where I want it, the more it's starting to seem as if I am going to have to do some adjusting to other maps.  I went the other way with just the MAF scaling just to verify, and each time I scaled back up, more and more timing was restored, five degrees in some areas. 

Right now I am in the high .8 range in the mid to highest load areas of KFKHFM 3500-5000rpm.  Its making me thing I need to make adjustments somewhere else since its such a big deviation.   
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »

You will have to tweak timing REGARDLESS of MAF scaling.

So pick a scaling, and fix your timing. Done.

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2012, 02:57:34 PM »

Three logs from today.  I started with the "standard" MAF scaling from Tony's tune, then underscaled it, and underscaled again.  I am runing quite a bit leaner now that i turned up the boost a bit.  Fats from each run are 1.79, 1.99, 2.05.  As I scaled down, the point at which the car went lean shifted further towards the right....happenned later in the rev band.  Also, the more I underscaled the more timing was sustained throught he mid range.

So, I guess all I am asking really is if this is normal, or is this something I should be digging in to?  
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:34:03 PM by marcellus » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2012, 03:43:20 PM »

Definitely not normal. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »

I do, but its the mechanical one thats a PITA to set up (duct tape to the windshield while running type of crap).  I just used it to verify FP when I was last having fueling issues.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:22:09 AM by marcellus » Logged
prj

« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2012, 12:26:59 AM »

Your MAF is maxed out. Have fun mapping KFLF to last cell.

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2012, 08:58:41 AM »

Yay. We are officially getting nowhere in this thread

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2112.msg21794#msg21794

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:52 AM »

I agreed with you long ago that something was maxed.  We also werent sure if it was hardware or tune related.  I checked over everything you suggested in order so I can narrow down the cause.  I just like to make sure everything is in order before I make drastic changes to the file.  I make the changes small and over a long period, datalogging the changes for days before I post more results or ask questions.   

I scaled the maf down some more and added KRKTE, and the fueling is fallling in place again in the end.  Fueling is retarded everywhere else.  With the prvious scaling no matter how much I added to the krkte the higher rpm/load areas wouldnt enrichen past 13.5xx.  I guess that was my indicator that the something was indeed maxed.  I couldnt be 100% sure until I checked all my hardware. 

As Nyet stated before, maybe I should go to a larger housing.  I could have swore you guys are running more power than I am on the 85mm MAF housing.  I am only running 22.5psi right now.  Up from the 16-18 I was running from the logs a page or so back.  How does )#$ get their setups to run 600+awhp on a 85mm on stock ecu?

I dont even know what to do with KFLF.  Nahalem said he set his flat on his thread when he was troubleshooting his starting issues.  When I was using the Maestro I could have swore we were using this map to edit fueling.  But, that was also 1.8t, mafless, wideband ecu....I dont know if it really translates over.     
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: