Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: 8T0907560AD MED9.1.1 NA to FI  (Read 9751 times)
lgtmelo

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2022, 02:17:01 PM »

if you gentlemen dont mind me asking, how is it that companies sell tunes for supercharging this engine? these would come with the "added stuff" that you mentioned?
prj

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2022, 02:20:04 PM »

if you gentlemen dont mind me asking, how is it that companies sell tunes for supercharging this engine? these would come with the "added stuff" that you mentioned?
They're usually just underscaled crap. Nor is there any point fitting a supercharger on this POS. It won't make any reasonable power anyway.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2022, 02:22:53 PM »

They're usually just underscaled crap. Nor is there any point fitting a supercharger on this POS. It won't make any reasonable power anyway.

i imagined that was the case (for the sold maps).
prj

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2022, 02:27:31 PM »

I mean, go buy the AMD kit if you really want to, the software is decent at least.
It's $12k for just the kit without install, add 3-4k for install.
For extra 150-200hp.

Pointless? Absolutely.

For $16k you can get a car that will be way faster and that includes the purchase price lol.

Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2022, 02:34:42 PM »

I mean, go buy the AMD kit if you really want to, the software is decent at least.
For extra 150-200hp.

Pointless? Absolutely.

For $16k you can get a car that will be way faster and that includes the purchase price lol.

one of the things about my masoquism is that i'd like to do stuff myself, thats the fun for me... help is welcome, but id like to not go with a plug n play solution in a box.
lgtmelo

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2022, 02:36:10 PM »

suppose i go with the standalone to control timing, throttle and secondary injectors. and clamp the MAF. would the car go into any protection mode because of the power? i imagine it would, but not enough experience to conclude anything.
prj

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2022, 02:37:25 PM »

suppose i go with the standalone to control timing, throttle and secondary injectors. and clamp the MAF. would the car go into any protection mode because of the power? i imagine it would, but not enough experience to conclude anything.
Of course it will. It will cut the injection immediately once it sees that throttle is not responding.

one of the things about my masoquism is that i'd like to do stuff myself, thats the fun for me... help is welcome, but id like to not go with a plug n play solution in a box.
You're not going to complete it.
Even if you bodge the hardware somehow together, you will never get the software done. Takes too long for a one-off and nearly impossible if you have no prior experience.

So part of it will have to go elsewhere.
No tuner who is any good at anything will take your custom build project that they didn't build themselves for mapping.
It's just not worth the time.

Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2022, 03:30:35 PM »

For extra 150-200hp.

Pointless? Absolutely.

do you have an opinion on the JHM kit?
prj

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2022, 03:35:27 PM »

No.
But I can see they are using a centrifugal charger, so it's probably quite bad.

AMD and APR are using TVS Roots blowers, the response is probably on another level and a lot more torque in the midrange.
I have some inside info on the AMD kit, and I know it's solid. No experience with any others.

EDIT:
AMD is TVS1900, the APR one is TVS1740, so most likely not as much power. I am not sure if either of them are even available.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:38:30 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2022, 03:44:48 PM »

7k+ for 100whp lol, that is so not worth it in my opinion.

I dont know mate but if this was my car then sure as shit I would sell it immidietly IF you couldnt build it yourself and tune it yourself which you cant as it seems.

I mean goddamn 12K for the AMD kit, that alone gets you a S4 3.0T easily which you can literally learn to tune (or pay someone a few hundred) and with simple pulley change youd be around the same level as your current car with 7-12k kit, think about it.

Or lol the S5 even came with 3.0T so what? You have no excuse, apart from liking V8 in that body I guess...
lgtmelo

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2022, 03:56:29 PM »

you guys would go crazy if you knew how much ive put into a 86 vw back home...

« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:58:38 PM by lgtmelo » Logged
prj

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2022, 04:14:24 PM »

This is nothing like a 86 VW.

Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2022, 05:27:27 PM »

This is nothing like a 86 VW.

well aware. but i did make 400whp in a 1600cc aircooled with drive by wire, sequential ignition and injection. what im trying to say is i care more about learning new stuff then if its worth financially. and for now, my toy is the s5.
Blazius

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2022, 05:48:12 PM »

Well since we have gotten to this stage, there is nothing more to add unless you choose which path to go down on.
I myself have turbocharged a non FI car and ran it without blowing it up before switching solutions, some others too...

You have explained yourself in the OP why you cant use your familiar tuning methods in this case.
The rest of us explained and maybe will do so what you need to do to accomplish your 'goal' on this car if you go down that path.

1. Buy a kit for this engine and car , have end result, however that may look.
2. Sell it, get another version which will accomplish the same goal you are looking for, something that will also hit "learning new stuff" goalpost.
3. Learn MED9 dissassembly , some coding , processor etc if you are in the field and you want a driveable end result , if not you can rule this option out basically.
4. Find someone to do this project for you and pay em, if such person exists.

Pick one

lgtmelo

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2022, 05:59:55 PM »

Well since we have gotten to this stage, there is nothing more to add unless you choose which path to go down on.
I myself have turbocharged a non FI car and ran it without blowing it up before switching solutions, some others too...

You have explained yourself in the OP why you cant use your familiar tuning methods in this case.
The rest of us explained and maybe will do so what you need to do to accomplish your 'goal' on this car if you go down that path.

1. Buy a kit for this engine and car , have end result, however that may look.
2. Sell it, get another version which will accomplish the same goal you are looking for, something that will also hit "learning new stuff" goalpost.
3. Learn MED9 dissassembly , some coding , processor etc if you are in the field and you want a driveable end result , if not you can rule this option out basically.
4. Find someone to do this project for you and pay em, if such person exists.

Pick one

i appreciate all the responses Smiley

will work a bit on #3 and see where it takes me.

thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: