Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: 8T0907560AD MED9.1.1 NA to FI  (Read 9753 times)
lgtmelo

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2022, 04:58:42 PM »

No its not only about IRL and IOP and load and stuff, because if it is anything like ME7(it mostly is) first of all probably load will be hardcapped at 100% no matter what you put in IRL, so dissasembly will be required to find the hardcap.
Second your only real way to go forward is adding boost control like c167 boost pid if you ever want something thats driveable.

hi Smiley

i couldnt find any indication of hardcap in the FR, however, the one I have is for MED9.1 (not 9.1.1)... any help here? Cheesy
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2022, 05:20:35 PM »

Disagree with those calling it a garbage motor.

It's garbage not in the sense that it's a bad motor. It's garbage in the sense the Audi almost specifically shifted to the NA V8 to stop aftermarket tuners from getting a lot of HP cheaply out it like they were the FI platforms. Some speculate it is because their warranty claim costs were going through the roof, in particular, from 2.7t modifications. The B6 S4 was a deliberate slap in the face to everyone doing mods, including the growing DIY community.

Then again, Hanlon's Razor suggests that wasn't intentional.

In any case, it doesn't matter. If you are interested in getting HP gains with aftermarket tuning, ditch the V8. It is garbage for those reasons.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2022, 10:02:12 AM »

hi Smiley

i couldnt find any indication of hardcap in the FR, however, the one I have is for MED9.1 (not 9.1.1)... any help here? Cheesy

The FR is mostly specific to the projekt its published for so for some certain things and module revisions it wont be the same in the software. Also yes differences between the platform itself do matter.

The output still runs through a min/max limiter/switch probably anyway. If you want follow the output of KFMIRL and you will see whats up. It's a bit more complicated than ME7 due to DI but principles should remain the same. You will require disassembly there is no choice around that, FR or not.
prj

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2022, 10:13:32 AM »

If you actually decide to do anything, then my logger will help you see what is going on where - you will be able to log all the axis of the maps, all variables and follow the FR flowcharts.
Not free, but probably going to be the cheapest thing in your build.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2022, 10:24:01 AM »

Actually, MED9.1.1 4.2 FSI has no rlsol_w hard cap if memory serves. VehiCAL will definitely help figuring stuff out, for sure.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
lgtmelo

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2022, 02:00:38 PM »

If you actually decide to do anything, then my logger will help you see what is going on where - you will be able to log all the axis of the maps, all variables and follow the FR flowcharts.
Not free, but probably going to be the cheapest thing in your build.

cool, wheres it at?
lgtmelo

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2022, 02:02:32 PM »

Actually, MED9.1.1 4.2 FSI has no rlsol_w hard cap if memory serves. VehiCAL will definitely help figuring stuff out, for sure.

great, i didnt know this tool. looks like it helps not only reading but mapping as well? thanks Smiley
lgtmelo

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2022, 02:03:19 PM »

also, as per my 9.1 FR, no constant load cap… so im divided atm :|
prj

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2022, 02:04:05 PM »

also, as per my 9.1 FR, no constant load cap… so im divided atm :|
MED9.1 is turbo. You're just gonna have to find out.
But there's plenty of people on this forum who will go through your file and fix the cap, if there is one. It's a very small job and I'm sure you will find someone for a reasonable fee.
I doubt anyone is going to do it for free, because it still requires loading the file to IDA and finding the correct place.

vehical.net - on MED9 only ram logging. LIVE is on MED17 and MG1.

Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2022, 02:07:23 PM »

MED9.1 is turbo. You're just gonna have to find out.
But there's plenty of people on this forum who will go through your file and fix the cap, if there is one. It's a very small job and I'm sure you will find someone for a reasonable fee.
I doubt anyone is going to do it for free, because it still requires loading the file to IDA and finding the correct place.

vehical.net - on MED9 only ram logging. LIVE is on MED17 and MG1.

i know, but still it would display SY_TURBO as the switch between 100.0 (or whatever) and rlmax_w (i assume), as on me7? theres no sign of this specific scenario.

great tool, took a quick look cuz on my cell right now, but will definitely try it Smiley
prj

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2022, 02:07:53 PM »

i know, but still it would display SY_TURBO as the switch between 100.0 (or whatever) and rlmax_w (i assume), as on me7? theres no sign of this specific scenario.
Not necessarily.

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2022, 02:46:48 PM »

On ME7.1 SY_TURBO is a compile time constant

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2022, 02:54:23 PM »

It also is on the newer ones, but the thing is that the whole codebase became so big, that the FR were adapted also to the current project a lot more.
The FR pretty much gets autogenerated based on the make config.

So much fewer of the SY_ switches present in the FR, they just automatically generate the correct flowchart for the actual software, so the constants are baked into the flowcharts.

I don't think you are going to find the EXACT correct FR unless you have factory contacts and deep pockets.

Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2022, 06:01:50 PM »

It also is on the newer ones, but the thing is that the whole codebase became so big, that the FR were adapted also to the current project a lot more.
The FR pretty much gets autogenerated based on the make config.

So much fewer of the SY_ switches present in the FR, they just automatically generate the correct flowchart for the actual software, so the constants are baked into the flowcharts.

I don't think you are going to find the EXACT correct FR unless you have factory contacts and deep pockets.

how can i find the cap then? any tips of what to follow? i was counting on the FR :\
IamwhoIam

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2022, 02:13:30 AM »

Having tuned quite a few supercharged S5s with this ECU, I can 10000% tell you that there IS NO RLSOL_W CAP WHATSOEVER in the file!

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: