Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: 8T0907560AD MED9.1.1 NA to FI  (Read 9675 times)
prj

« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2022, 03:06:16 AM »

how can i find the cap then? any tips of what to follow? i was counting on the FR :\
When there is one, even if you don't have FR, you can log various load variables and then see where the limitation is coming from.
After that you use reversing tools to see what is going on.

But as there seems to be no load cap in this ECU, then you don't have to worry about it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2022, 08:01:46 AM »

Having tuned quite a few supercharged S5s with this ECU, I can 10000% tell you that there IS NO RLSOL_W CAP WHATSOEVER in the file!

hi, i trully appreciate your input, its made my life a lot easier. so now i have to come up with a tuning strategy Smiley

when tuning these FI S5s did you use any external systems (like det3, standalone, etc), or everything was mapped into stock ecu using KFMIRL/KFPED/KFMIOP & any others? -- or even patched a boost pid??
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 08:03:54 AM by lgtmelo » Logged
lgtmelo

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2022, 08:03:10 AM »

When there is one, even if you don't have FR, you can log various load variables and then see where the limitation is coming from.
After that you use reversing tools to see what is going on.

thank you Smiley
IamwhoIam

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2022, 10:02:23 AM »

hi, i trully appreciate your input, its made my life a lot easier. so now i have to come up with a tuning strategy Smiley

when tuning these FI S5s did you use any external systems (like det3, standalone, etc), or everything was mapped into stock ecu using KFMIRL/KFPED/KFMIOP & any others? -- or even patched a boost pid??

Supercharger is a lot easier to tune for decent part throttle response vs turbo/twin turbo. And because it's mechanical, there is no need for any kind of boost PID, LOL!
I've tuned those cars 10000% on stock ECU without anything external only by using KFMIRL/KFMIOP/KFPED/KLRLNMXN.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
lgtmelo

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2022, 11:23:49 AM »

Supercharger is a lot easier to tune for decent part throttle response vs turbo/twin turbo. And because it's mechanical, there is no need for any kind of boost PID, LOL!
I've tuned those cars 10000% on stock ECU without anything external only by using KFMIRL/KFMIOP/KFPED/KLRLNMXN.

so not having a LDRXN isnt a big deal?
prj

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2022, 02:41:14 PM »

so not having a LDRXN isnt a big deal?
KLRLNMXN is the LDRXN, but why do you care? With a supercharger nothing much changes.
The only issue is that pressure ratio will have to be baked into throttle maps, but it can be done because there is a mechanical 1:1 relationship.

With turbo there isn't, and it's a pain in the ass to make it drivable.
I certainly did algorithm modifications on all N/A ME7 that I tuned with a turbo on them. Specifically the throttle WOT algorithm needed mods as otherwise the car drove like shit with constant throttle cuts and not going WOT when it should.
And then the ECU needed turbo control based on ps_w: https://github.com/prj/C167BoostControl

You have 5 pages of text in here about theorycrafting. You're not going to be able to tune your car by theorycrafting here.
I can count the people in this forum on my fingers who actually went through the trouble to boost a N/A ME7+ car with turbos and actually succeeded in making it drive properly.
Most of the cars you see online drive like absolute shit on part throttle. With frequent jerks, throttle cuts and other issues.

And I do hope your car at least has a manual transmission, because if it's 6HP then that's yet another topic, which almost nobody in the aftermarket understands properly.
And no it's not going to run well without extensive adjustments.

Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2022, 04:04:55 PM »

KLRLNMXN is the LDRXN, but why do you care? With a supercharger nothing much changes.
The only issue is that pressure ratio will have to be baked into throttle maps, but it can be done because there is a mechanical 1:1 relationship.

With turbo there isn't, and it's a pain in the ass to make it drivable.
I certainly did algorithm modifications on all N/A ME7 that I tuned with a turbo on them. Specifically the throttle WOT algorithm needed mods as otherwise the car drove like shit with constant throttle cuts and not going WOT when it should.
And then the ECU needed turbo control based on ps_w: https://github.com/prj/C167BoostControl

You have 5 pages of text in here about theorycrafting. You're not going to be able to tune your car by theorycrafting here.
I can count the people in this forum on my fingers who actually went through the trouble to boost a N/A ME7+ car with turbos and actually succeeded in making it drive properly.
Most of the cars you see online drive like absolute shit on part throttle. With frequent jerks, throttle cuts and other issues.

And I do hope your car at least has a manual transmission, because if it's 6HP then that's yet another topic, which almost nobody in the aftermarket understands properly.
And no it's not going to run well without extensive adjustments.

i look forward to making it to your fingers list. but it wont happen in a day, so yes, i will make use of the resources i have available (i.e. this forum), and the thread will have 100 pages of necessary. thats why the forum exists… im not going against any rules by asking questions, and every response is appreciated, even yours. thats how learning happens.

and i dont care if you trash talk my project lol. if anything, this makes me want to make it happen even more.

btw, zf 6hp indeed.
prj

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2022, 04:29:07 PM »

i look forward to making it to your fingers list. but it wont happen in a day
It probably won't happen even in 5 or 6 years to get it running right.
Especially on 6HP.
Unless you take a shortcut and manage to find someone who will do things for you.

The thing you don't seem to understand is, that anyone can put together an older mechanical car.
Even on this car the fabrication is nothing special, at least there is no shortage of people in the world who will be able to fabricate all this.

But to do the software right is very difficult, and there are very few who could possibly do it, to a level where it runs well.
And the vast majority of those people are not going to give you the time of day.

Btw, theorycraft on a forum is not a "project".

Anyway, I'm done here.

Log your car properly.
lgtmelo

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2022, 05:34:02 PM »

It probably won't happen even in 5 or 6 years to get it running right.
Especially on 6HP.
Unless you take a shortcut and manage to find someone who will do things for you.

The thing you don't seem to understand is, that anyone can put together an older mechanical car.
Even on this car the fabrication is nothing special, at least there is no shortage of people in the world who will be able to fabricate all this.

But to do the software right is very difficult, and there are very few who could possibly do it, to a level where it runs well.
And the vast majority of those people are not going to give you the time of day.

Btw, theorycraft on a forum is not a "project".

Anyway, I'm done here.

Blazius

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2022, 05:49:24 PM »

I gotta agree, its time to put the "theories" to the test.

Even if there is no rlsol cap , go ahead and request more than 100% load, which will be one thing, but can you get your actual load over 100% too?

You can do these things right now with minimal effort, and you can go on from there.
The automatic trans is going to give you major headaches for sure, SPECIALLY depending on how you will achieve boost control and load/torque shenanigans vs a turbo project.
lgtmelo

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2022, 05:55:16 PM »

Even if there is no rlsol cap , go ahead and request more than 100% load, which will be one thing, but can you get your actual load over 100% too?

You can do these things right now with minimal effort, and you can go on from there.
The automatic trans is going to give you major headaches for sure, SPECIALLY depending on how you will achieve boost control and load/torque shenanigans vs a turbo project.

just got excited with the news that theres most likely no cap and began deciding which turbo to go with and searching for a tig welder to work on the headers Smiley
IamwhoIam

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2022, 02:38:33 AM »

And yet, theorycraft is exactly what you're doing here. on the S5 specifically, rl_w does and will go above 100% without a problem

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
lgtmelo

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2022, 07:05:31 AM »

And yet, theorycraft is exactly what you're doing here. on the S5 specifically, rl_w does and will go above 100% without a problem

dont worry friend, i just filter it out Smiley

again, thank you for the useful sharing of your experience. this has taken me one step further on the project. did you have any issues regarding the automatic transmission like mentioned above?
matchew

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2022, 07:32:46 AM »

less talking - more doing.

Nothings gonna get done by talking about it. NO ONE is gonna give you the answer or do it for you.

Something tells me you are gonna talk about this until the cows come home and make zero progress other than dreaming.
lgtmelo

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2022, 09:02:03 AM »

less talking - more doing.

Nothings gonna get done by talking about it. NO ONE is gonna give you the answer or do it for you.

Something tells me you are gonna talk about this until the cows come home and make zero progress other than dreaming.

why are you wasting your time here?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: