Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8N0 906 018 BH - xdf definition file  (Read 7807 times)
madswp

« on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:20 PM »

hi.

i need a detailed definition file for my audi s3 8N0906018BH.

right now i am using one for a AMK engine but i get some wierd tables somtimes, though a lot of them looks fine. i have tried to edit the xdf and got some of them to look realistic, but i am definitely not sure that they are right. also tried to define the maps by 2d view in winols. starting to see a pattern, but this is a long way for me to define it all.

i have attached a remap bin file from my audi. and the amk.xdf file i am using

i will be happy to pay (via paypal) for a good detailed one. please PM me for price.

regards
automan001

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »

There is no need to pay because knowledge must be free. Open hex dump of BAM 8N0906018CB definition in WinOls in left side window. You can download more-less complete definition from this site. Create new project for your BAM 8N0 906 018 BH and open hex dump in right side window. Use "Connect windows" button. Search some map in CB which is same as in BH, for instance KFZWMS. Click search button in the middle to synchronize offsets. Everything should become in green color. Then you can see below some differences in red color. For instance KFZW slightly differs. Click right mouse button on KFZW in CB window and then choose "Transfer map" option, choose "Don't transfer any values". Now your map definition is transferred into a BH file. Use this technique to transfer other maps which you are interested in. You can select and transfer several maps at once. Most values in green color will hint you that your offset is correct and files are synchronized.
madswp

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:36:41 AM »

thank you very much. i will look into it  Wink
madswp

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »

finding the maps in winols works perfectly like you describe. no problem there. but when i open a new xdf in tunerpro and starts adding tables i just cant get any data in the colums. please see the attachments.

how do i see the 'adress step' and 'row label type' in winols?
how do i add conversion variables? when i add the number from winols (ex. 0,023438 and add '* X') press ok and ok it does not save the value. next time i am opening the window the field is just blank. have looked in another xdf file wich uses the same value (0,023438 * X). what am i doing wrong. they are the main differences i can see about why i am not getting any data in my LDRXN.

i know i can just edit the hex values in another xdf file (like for en AMK engine) and then the maps look fine. but want to know how to create from the start.

thanks in advance
madswp

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »

in winols. when i try to define CDKAT for example, i get over 200 similar founds i my own map. how do i define wich one is the right i that case?

automan001

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 01:16:37 AM »

in winols. when i try to define CDKAT for example, i get over 200 similar founds i my own map. how do i define wich one is the right i that case?
Select something which you think is unique and should be the same in other project before and after the map (use multi select, highlight piece of dump before and after map), then use "Search in the right project for a place that matches the selection in the left project". This will give you "1 found" result. I usually choose part of axis data of maps before and after, or choose blocks of maps which are not changed very often.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:21:10 AM by automan001 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: