Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: failed to read test echo from FTDI device ?  (Read 49544 times)
Djpardy

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2013, 08:33:38 AM »

I'm in the same boat as a lot of people in this thread. I only just came across NefMoto a few weeks ago but haven't yet been able to connect to my ecu at all. I have a 2000 S4, 6 speed.

First, I tried the Ross-Tech cable but I had no luck and decided just to get a cable off of ebay. It is an F232, I have the drivers installed and NefMoto recognizes the cable, but when I try to connect I just get the failed to read test echo message and failed to open ftdi device. These two messages will just alternate as I try various things.

I've tried every USB port and different baud rates and fast and slow init. Also, as recommended earlier in this thread, in the device's port settings I set latency to 2ms and the baud rate to 9600. Although, someone else said 52800 preferred when flashing...
I also made sure the COM port was between 1 and 4 (it's COM2), I think I remember reading somewhere that that's important.

All of this is a little over my head. I don't actually know things like latency and baud are lol  Embarrassed

It was also mentioned to try disconnecting the cluster when connecting via the car's OBD port. What does this accomplish? I'll try tomorrow but I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm pretty much out of ideas. I wish I had a different laptop to try, but I don't. That's pretty much where I'm at now. I can't think of anything to try except a different computer.

Having the same problem. I'm new to this and just trying to learn.
Joksa_

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2013, 10:23:56 AM »

Anything new happen here?
marcotmt

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2014, 09:21:16 AM »

I have the same problem "failed to read test echo from FTDI device".

I have the ross tech cable, with ross tech drivers with the "boot in intelligent mode" uncheck.

Anybody know's what to do?
melodic

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »

I have the same problem "failed to read test echo from FTDI device".

I have the ross tech cable, with ross tech drivers with the "boot in intelligent mode" uncheck.

Anybody know's what to do?
Try to uncheck "Should Verify Cable In Dumb Mode" in KWP2000 Settings.
volks86

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2015, 08:01:54 PM »

Able to read and write a flash last week, tried two cables and 3 different laptops. All having the same errors.   Any more info on this?  I know there was something about a windows update bricking cables but after checking it's supposedly fine.   

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RZH_qGautqM
turboat

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2015, 02:32:44 AM »

In car or on bench? What car/ECU?
volks86

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2015, 04:22:26 AM »

In car, vw med7 ecu.    Going to try on the bench tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: