Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newbie help!  (Read 6977 times)
christtnorwich

« on: October 07, 2012, 11:16:54 AM »

Hi everyone, this forum is ace! But I have a few questions, I have a Audi tt 225 which has a bad remap done by the old owner, my mission is to revert the ecu to stock, I have a cable and the software from this site but can't seem to make a connection to my ecu, maybe is using the software wrong, should it auto connect of do I need to load my ecu file? or the map maybe locked by the mapper?

Any help with getting my mission completed would be really appreciated

When I plug in and open the programme nothing happens?

Many thanks
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 11:51:18 AM »

You have to select a few options before connecting. At the top you select the communication protocol, baud rate (mine is set to 124800), and with your cable connected select it from the device list. You may have to hit "refresh devices" to see it. After that, select "slow init" from the desired connection speed toolbar, and hit connect (I suppose if you bought the premium features you could select "fast init".

That should get you connected. If you're used to running scanning software, these options are relatively standard. Good luck, I'm a newbie myself. I did a lot of reading before posting anything, mainly because people on this forum appear to be very proud of their work, and will not expend any effort for those who do not make an honest attempt before asking for help. Good luck!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
christtnorwich

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 12:21:43 PM »

Thanks so much for your help Smiley I use vag com and have a blue eBay cable, my cable won't appear in the device list! Should I pull the dashpod fuse?

Chris
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »

Does the cable connect using vcds? If it does, what com port is it on? Sounds like you either need to reinstall the drivers, or change the com to a lower port in control panel. I know many programs will only look for an interface in ports 1-4. Mine is set at 2. FWIW, I have the all blue ebay cable, and the blue with silver cord.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
christtnorwich

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »

Yeah it connects with vcds easily, think and is connected to com port 3 I will have a play tomorrow Smiley your help is muchly appreciated
madswp

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »

i also fist bought a random blue ebay vagcom cable. it didnt support the ftdi driver. i suppose you have to make sure your cable has the FT232RL chip inside. not all blue ebay cables have that.

here's a link to the one i bought and it works perfectly:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290749432731?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1588wt_1298

ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 02:11:44 PM »

i also fist bought a random blue ebay vagcom cable. it didnt support the ftdi driver. i suppose you have to make sure your cable has the FT232RL chip inside. not all blue ebay cables have that.

here's a link to the one i bought and it works perfectly:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290749432731?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1588wt_1298

That's one of the cables I have, I paid .01 for it, with 3.99 shipping.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: