Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is there a situation when KFZWOP should be changed  (Read 5716 times)
Rabbid

« on: November 07, 2012, 04:25:48 AM »

I'm pondering the idea of whether KFZWOP can become inaccurate by changing anything about the engine such as fitting lower compression pistons.

If KFZWOP needs changing but isn't, or doesn't need changing and is. Are they any adverse effects?
masterj

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:43:14 AM »

I'm pondering the idea of whether KFZWOP can become inaccurate by changing anything about the engine such as fitting lower compression pistons.

If KFZWOP needs changing but isn't, or doesn't need changing and is. Are they any adverse effects?

I always rescale KFZWOP when changing KFMIOP axis (shares same axis). Other than that only thing I can think of is when going to better fuel and seeing no knock while maximizing KFZW > KFZWOP

Rabbid

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 05:04:55 AM »

So is KFZWOP the maximum brake torque from a spark point or maximum spark before knock?

Obviously higher octane fuel even if you manged to push past this point doesn't mean you making maximum torque, but then again a slower burning fuel would require more advance to meet the optimum torque.

So just cause you get past a point in KFZWOP in KFZW without knock doesn't mean it's actually the opimum torque so I guess some dyno work is required to measure actual torque outputs here?

Lower compression pistons would be an obvious one as the front of the piston sits lower in cylinder so the combustion chamer is larger and therefore at the same burn speed it will take longer for the burn to reach the piston.
masterj

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 05:14:04 AM »

So is KFZWOP the maximum brake torque from a spark point or maximum spark before knock?

Obviously higher octane fuel even if you manged to push past this point doesn't mean you making maximum torque, but then again a slower burning fuel would require more advance to meet the optimum torque.

So just cause you get past a point in KFZWOP in KFZW without knock doesn't mean it's actually the opimum torque so I guess some dyno work is required to measure actual torque outputs here?

Lower compression pistons would be an obvious one as the front of the piston sits lower in cylinder so the combustion chamer is larger and therefore at the same burn speed it will take longer for the burn to reach the piston.

IIRC Rick said that by going to E85 it is possible to exceed KFZWOP table in KFZWOP. That way it will act as limiter and optimal ignition isn't correct anyway for e85. DYNO TIME

phila_dot

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »

There is nothing to gain from this table. It is strictly used for interventions.

It is solely used to calculate ignition angle efficiency for a few different interventions. Ignition angles exceeding KFZWOP is fine. This will numb some interventions, but that's it.

Where it can really hurt you is in the torque model. It has a significant affect on torque intervention.

If you are greatly exceeding KFZWOP with zwbas and would like to preserve all of these wonderful interventions, then you can raise it's values. If you would like to numb these interventions further then you can lower it's values. I prefer to just leave it alone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: