Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: True automatic map changing flex-fuel setup for ME7  (Read 92324 times)
RaraK

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 05:19:58 AM »

tune your trims and extend them to allow for a full 30-40% sweep in fueling correction when applying e85, ive done this, and it works, but there is that "cautious" transition when trims catch up.

I also did throw some trim codes here and there, those i then removed.  Kind of a hack, but its what i came up with when i did try this years ago.

Since then i have just made another set of maps to handle for e85. 
overspeed

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 07:41:21 AM »

Thats kind of what is made here with SFS...

Just there is some "triggers" to calculate "k" that is the factor to determine how much ethanol is in blend based in knock activity and fuel trim, when K is determinated and saved (my guess) in eeprom (to prevent from a dead battery to have a no-start condition).

there is some triggers, like some fuel beeing put in tank, knock activity with rich moisture, and others I ´don´t know at all

Rarak, in you way, what happens if you have a medium leak ? You can identify it with DTC ?
RaraK

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2014, 01:32:41 PM »

Thats kind of what is made here with SFS...

Just there is some "triggers" to calculate "k" that is the factor to determine how much ethanol is in blend based in knock activity and fuel trim, when K is determinated and saved (my guess) in eeprom (to prevent from a dead battery to have a no-start condition).

there is some triggers, like some fuel beeing put in tank, knock activity with rich moisture, and others I ´don´t know at all

Rarak, in you way, what happens if you have a medium leak ? You can identify it with DTC ?

No its pretty much a hack like i said.  You dont get ideal cold start ability, but overall running is ok.  Also you will be running lean burn lambda on E85, which is fine in my experience.  If you had a leak of sorts, then you are totally at the mercy of how much of a correction % window you have and if you still have the DTC enabled(or changed the thresholds).

BUT,

Not that i ever tried this logic, i dont see why you can monitor trims, and once you get to a predetermined additive(EX: +25%), switch to another mapset "assuming" you are running E85 based on trims alone.  Software switch Smiley  Im not sure how its done on the OEM's, nor would i bother reversing it b/c i would say theres only so many ways you can logically do this, my example being one. 

Smiley  idk just food for thought.
elRey

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2015, 10:05:21 AM »

Has anyone used one of these GM sensors yet on ME7?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:11:50 PM by elRey » Logged
elRey

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 11:49:22 AM »

Anyone?

I'm not asking for your secrets. I just want to know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel before I start the journey.
DT

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »

Anyone?

I'm not asking for your secrets. I just want to know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel before I start the journey.
You should not apologise asking for secrets. We need more good stuff to include in our ME7. I have mine connected to the ME7 but at the moment mostly because I can.
I've not done any modification like map switching yet since I rarely ever need to fill up with petrol and if I do I can easily reprogram the ecu. I can log with 0.09766 (2nd O2 input word) in ME7logger, I was planning to do my own solution with an ARM/MIPS solution to convert GM sensor to 0-5V and a couple of 7segment digits (or even output CANbus value) but I never had the time to even start the project, instead I bought a Zeitronix ECA. I never really planned to use the C167 to directly read the pwm signal since I really want to see the actual blend on digits in car.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:25:49 PM by DT » Logged

elRey

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 03:38:08 PM »

OK. So, you have the GM sensor going thru a Zeitronix controller then into ME7. Thanks.

Which sensor do you have, and can you tell me if the Zeitronix feeds 5v or 12v to sensor's VCC?

Still wondering if anyone as one reading directly into ME7. I'm about to start bench testing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:39:51 PM by elRey » Logged
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2015, 09:36:54 PM »

I am looking at this right now too, but I don't want to use an analog input - instead I want to read the digital signal from the sensor and send a message to the ECU with the data.  Analog is the suck.
mightemouce

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2016, 02:56:31 PM »

Poking around in the Subaru world... couldn't we essential use one of these flex kit http://www.delicioustuning.com/Stage_1_PumpGas  and then feed the signal from their 0-5v converter through an unused rear 02 or EGT signal?

I would imagine there would be a need for some custom code in the me7 to switch files though
prj

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2016, 11:43:32 PM »

There is no need to switch files, you need double maps for the stuff that is important, and then you just read both.
Then you blend them the same way as the ECU blends KFZW and KFZW2, except instead of using fnwue you use the E85 factor.
1.00 for E100 and 0.00 for E0.

Look at the FR how it is done (ZWGRU module).

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 12:10:09 AM »

There is no need to switch files, you need double maps for the stuff that is important, and then you just read both.
Then you blend them the same way as the ECU blends KFZW and KFZW2, except instead of using fnwue you use the E85 factor.
1.00 for E100 and 0.00 for E0.

Look at the FR how it is done (ZWGRU module).

I never thought of lifting the blending method, thank you.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
jmont23

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2016, 07:43:37 AM »

I just started logging the Zeitronix ECA-2 ethanol% and fuel temp analog output signals. I noticed the signals get much nosier when the engine is turned on vs. engine off, in particular the ethanol% signal is uncomfortably noisy. Since the signals are less noisy with the engine not running, I assume the added noise could be from the fuel flowing through the sensor.

Anyone have similar experiences?

I have the sensor in a -6an (3/8" OD) fuel return hose about 1.5 feet from the regulator. I wonder if this is too close to the regulator?

Engine Off

Engine On
prj

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 08:43:07 AM »

Filter it, done.

new value = old value + delta * K

Where K is your filtering constant.

Or average it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
rnagy86

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2016, 11:34:35 AM »

or install an rc filter circuit if you want to do it in hardware
jmont23

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes filtering is certainly an option, but the signal shouldn't be this noisy. Just trying to figure out the root cause.

Zeitronix said this:
"We never seen noise increase due to fuel flow.
A ground offset noise between the ECA-2 and your logger would result in this. Specially since noise is shown on both logged signals.
Ground the ECA-2 right at your logger ground wire."

I'm going to change my ECA-2 ground and retest.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:22:14 PM by jmont23 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: