Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Understanding/retrofitting immobilizer (Updated for Allroad owners/DEATH CODE)  (Read 169538 times)
prj

Thanks for the info about the code.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
AARDQ

The immo-off files in this thread won't work on the me7.1.1 allroads. If you flash one, you'll get a
p1640, EEPROM error.

The attached immo-off has worked for me on four different ME7.1.1 ECUs.  All running 4Z907551R or N software.  Also worked on a 551S but I had other issues ('programming not finished' error) so can't vouch for consistency.  The ME7.1.1 uses a 5p08c3 rather than 95040, but 95040 file does work given that half of the 5p08c3 isn't used.  Another option...

I can't for the life of me find the thread the file was originally posted in, but credit to whomever modified it to begin with.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:52:51 AM by AARDQ » Logged
ddillenger

I flashed every immo-off file I had. Every time, the ecu coding field was all 0's, wouldn't allow changes, and was stuck with the eeprom error code. I finally just Off'd my own bin (don't ask me why I didn't do this to begin with, I just got in the habit of flashing a universal off) and cleared the death code and all was well. The immo-off bin I attached is the one I created, I filled the vin and immo-id portions with placeholders and corrected the sums.

In any event, I'm not unfamiliar with the Immobilizer, but this threw me for a loop. I figured why not update the thread as it seems more and more me7.1.1's are being tuned.

Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
AARDQ

Your way is more correct, immo (sorry, bad pun).

Oh, just remembered, the file I posted will require that cruise be recoded.
ddillenger

Oh, just remembered, the file I posted will require that cruise be recoded.

Try my immo-off next time, It should work without any additional coding. I pulled it from an R-box that read out as S, and modified it accordingly. My goal with this thread is a one stop shop for all me7 Immobilizer research. As such, I'd love feedback on ways to make it better, along with results!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
k0mpresd

I flashed every immo-off file I had. Every time, the ecu coding field was all 0's, wouldn't allow changes, and was stuck with the eeprom error code. I finally just Off'd my own bin (don't ask me why I didn't do this to begin with, I just got in the habit of flashing a universal off) and cleared the death code and all was well. The immo-off bin I attached is the one I created, I filled the vin and immo-id portions with placeholders and corrected the sums.

In any event, I'm not unfamiliar with the Immobilizer, but this threw me for a loop. I figured why not update the thread as it seems more and more me7.1.1's are being tuned.

Smiley

why would you not use the original bin each time? using a "universal" file is such a bad idea. it will get you in trouble one day. and i think that day was yesterday. it takes about 5 seconds to modify the original bin.
ddillenger

why would you not use the original bin each time? using a "universal" file is such a bad idea. it will get you in trouble one day. and i think that day was yesterday. it takes about 5 seconds to modify the original bin.

When you're right, you're right. But to be honest, I'm glad I did run into this. Had I not, I couldn't have written this up. It was a bit frustrating, I'll give you that. Smiley

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
cyril279

24c02 Immo & checksums
eliotroyano

24c02 Immo & checksums

Great info friend. But does this apply to all M382, M383 and M592 Immo II ecus?Huh
cyril279

I don't have the answer to that, this is just an illustration of the patterns of usage that I've seen thus far that have worked.  trial and feedback is the best way to know for certain.
cyril279

the image was generated to give pictoral reference to the structure of the 95040.
If i've crossed up a few details, please let me know, and I'll fix them.
cheers

esilviu

I have next situation I bought a spare used ME 7.5.10 ECU and I don't have its pin code, I know my original pin code from the ECU I have now on the car. If I install the spare ECU in the car and try to start - the immo will come on . In this particular case is it possible to read over OBD not in bootmode the content of 95040 chip with ArgDub tool ME7_95040 in order to decode the pin from the spare ECU

In other words:

Has somebody succeeded to read the content of 95040 chip with ArgDub tool ME7_95040 over the OBD port from an ECU not matched with the cluster?
cyril279

esilviu,
This is a relatively small board, whose members take the time to read through most if not all of the threads.
Posting the same question in different locations within one hour will not help the amount or quality of feedback that you receive.

Post once, give the board some time to respond, and in the meantime, enter "site:nefariousmotorsports.com [your question]" into google for the best results.

I appreciate the specific nature of your question, but most questions about eeprom-over-OBD using argdubs' tool, end in "bench-and-bootmode it"

-Cyril
esilviu

Thanks for you fast reply Sad
automan001

Next 7 bytes after pin code (0x34-0x3A & copy in 0x44-0x4A) is a immo key which links cluster with ecu.  
In example above it's 69 D9 38 E6 D3 B2 71. When cluster is bind, same key is stored in the cluster. To make cluster linked with ECU you just need to make these byte sequences equal. Read from cluster and write into ecu without any adaptation. Or read from ecu and write into cluster, but then you will need to rebind your keys Wink This is very helpful when you try to bind incompatible cluster and ecu or you constantly get an immo error. Instead of just immo off this is better solution.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:26:18 AM by automan001 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: