Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Understanding/retrofitting immobilizer (Updated for Allroad owners/DEATH CODE)  (Read 170602 times)
my2000apb

hi, firstly I would like to thank everyone for all their hard work.  I just found this forum.

im swapping a 2.7t APB into a 2000 facelift 40v D2 a8.  also going 6 speed

the a8 uses immo3, and from what ive read I need to get an 01.5+ a6/allroad immo3 2.7t ecu.

ive also gathered the immo 3 systems need the ecu, key and cluster to all play nice together.  but also read conflicting info that the ecu immo could be defeated and car still start.  the keys and cluster are all original a8 items.

so I need to pull the immo 3 info and get it onto my ecu. correct?

not looking to be spoon fed (work on the road = plenty of nights to read/research),  just need  a gentle kick in the right direction
ddillenger

hi, firstly I would like to thank everyone for all their hard work.  I just found this forum.

im swapping a 2.7t APB into a 2000 facelift 40v D2 a8.  also going 6 speed

the a8 uses immo3, and from what ive read I need to get an 01.5+ a6/allroad immo3 2.7t ecu.

ive also gathered the immo 3 systems need the ecu, key and cluster to all play nice together.  but also read conflicting info that the ecu immo could be defeated and car still start.  the keys and cluster are all original a8 items.

so I need to pull the immo 3 info and get it onto my ecu. correct?

not looking to be spoon fed (work on the road = plenty of nights to read/research),  just need  a gentle kick in the right direction

In your case, I'd just run the M-box and leave the immobilizer off. It'd be the easiest way.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
my2000apb

so, if I get the  immo off in the ecu, itll start with just key and cluster?

if so woooohooooo Smiley
ddillenger

Correct.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
my2000apb

last Q, so if itll run w/ immo OFF in the ecu, do I need a disabled immo3 2.7t ecu or a non immo willwork?
metronet

This might have been asked before but can you ever go back to the original binary dump from an ECU with immobilizer enabled?

For example, flashing a M/L bin to a 2001 Allroad and than going back to the original ME7.1 file? TIA. Cheers!
turboat

Do you mean change the flash bin, then write an immo-on EEPROM back on? So you still have a working immo, but have a different map?

If so, yes, provided the bin supports immo (m-box does not)
metronet

Do you mean change the flash bin, then write an immo-on EEPROM back on? So you still have a working immo, but have a different map?

If so, yes, provided the bin supports immo (m-box does not)

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

What if I don't backup and write the immo-on EEPROM back? Would the original EEPROM be lost forever after flashing with a m-box?

Thanks!

Edit: I downloaded the EEPROM and was able to find the SKC, this is after loading a L-box into the ECU's flash memory. And so I think the eeprom will always be there unless it's overwritten.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:13:11 PM by metronet » Logged
Bi-turbo

UPDATE:

If either of the above has occurred chances are you have ended up with p0601, memory checksum error,
and been unable to clear it. No amount of flashing in the world will solve this, the code is stored in
the eeprom, not the main flash. Pull the eeprom bin, and whip out your trusty hex editor. Browse to
offset 1c.

Is that were the immo on/off is on all ME7 ecu's

I want to be able to hex edit the immo off as i find that way easyer

Thanks
byzan a4

Next 7 bytes after pin code (0x34-0x3A & copy in 0x44-0x4A) is a immo key which links cluster with ecu.  
In example above it's 69 D9 38 E6 D3 B2 71. When cluster is bind, same key is stored in the cluster. To make cluster linked with ECU you just need to make these byte sequences equal. Read from cluster and write into ecu without any adaptation. Or read from ecu and write into cluster, but then you will need to rebind your keys Wink This is very helpful when you try to bind incompatible cluster and ecu or you constantly get an immo error. Instead of just immo off this is better solution.

this could help me with mine. WIll it allow it to then run as a pair? I have paired the keys to the dash, but not dash to ecu
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6807.0title=
turboat

this could help me with mine. WIll it allow it to then run as a pair? I have paired the keys to the dash, but not dash to ecu
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6807.0title=

Iirc you need the skc, immo Id and cluster code to be matched between the cluster and ecu.

My 1.8t would not pair, despite putting in the skc, so I just cloned the data, after which I could match keys (they need to be new transponders). in your case I would clone the data from the cluster into the ecu, as it's easy to correct the checksum in the ecu.
byzan a4

which bit of the data do i need to extract to clone into ecu?

That's the bit I'm stuck with
I'm using the Virgin_95040_053.bin file and this included file.

I cannot sus which bit of the dash info to clone into the esquare
PLVSVLTRASPAIN

I have an issue i hope you can help me out with.
I bought a 2003 Audi A4 1.8T last week, the owner told me some locksmith had started the process to program a new remote to the vehicle but he ended up de-programming the Immobilizer.

I have VCDS and was able to program the remote, but not the Immo (No SKC)
I turn on the car and it stays on for about a second, then the flashing key comes on the cluster.

Your instructions are amazing. I know i need to obtain the SKC to program the Immo but I just dont know how to read the 95040  off the ECU. I have an idea of how to do it, but not exactly.

I also came to a stop when i didn't know the ECU had to be on BOOT mode.

How do i accomplish BOOT mode?

Thanks in Advance Sir!
adam-

You can use Argdubs tool to read the 95040; but the ECU will need to be in bootmode to WRITE the modified file.

Bootmode is covered in here a million times, on the 1.8t you'll likely need a 10k resistor, a wiring harness, female OBD adaptor.  Bootmode and flash the edited 95040 with Argdubs tool.

And yes, you cannot flash if it's not in bootmode.
PLVSVLTRASPAIN

You can use Argdubs tool to read the 95040; but the ECU will need to be in bootmode to WRITE the modified file.

Bootmode is covered in here a million times, on the 1.8t you'll likely need a 10k resistor, a wiring harness, female OBD adaptor.  Bootmode and flash the edited 95040 with Argdubs tool.

And yes, you cannot flash if it's not in bootmode.

Thank you Sir!
Something like this?
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/445065-how-to-build-a-bench-flash-boot-mode-harness-for-your-me7-ecu Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: