Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: (Renamed): ARMD inerventions (anti-bucking) final solution for WOT  (Read 83329 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »

Another thing, I recall reading in one of the original coil conversion threads that running a shared ground was causing issues that were resolved by grounding each coil individually?

And why not solder the connections to the coils rather than crimping them? I was chasing down a periodic no start with my car, turns out the PO had pulled the crank sensor wiring out of the main harness and crimped it back on. Despite the connections looking good I ended up soldering them and haven't had an issue since.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2013, 01:03:47 PM »

Long term, proper crimping is considered better than soldering, especially if you are using lead free solder.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
britishturbo

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2013, 01:47:51 PM »

Long term, proper crimping is considered better than soldering, especially if you are using lead free solder.

Especially in a high vibration environment.
julex

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »

I crimped these wires and I am very confident they will last especially that I used environmental heat shrink butt splices for that. I had to undo couple of splices and I could not pull the wires using any amount of force in my hands. I had to eventually cut it.

PRJ:

Ok, I will invest in new coils... Thanks 034 for selling me junk. Are the red ones what I need or do I need to specifically look for Beru, which I think I only found for 1.8T engine which I believe is the same thing but maybe you know better?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:04:34 PM by julex » Logged
prj

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 03:04:46 PM »

You can get 2.0 TFSI coils.

Bosch and Beru both make them.
07K 905 715 F
Just ask specifically for Bosch or Beru. Both work.

I mean, I can't tell you with 100% certainty this will fix the problem, but I have had similar issues on multiple Audi I5 engines in the past.
Cheap italian coils causing RPM signal issues as well as giving enough interference to knock out my USB hub in my laptop (emulators connected to ECU), so that I had to reconnect everything after each pull.

Set the dwell time right as well. Hard limit should be 2.5ms and dwell at 13V should be around 2ms at peak load.

Log your car properly.
julex

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2013, 07:19:40 AM »

Thanks.

Redid the grounds (pin 4 to valve cover on all coils) but it didn't help any with rpm issue. Well, at least they are grounded right now so I guess I will get new coils and then address tuning (B_llrein set to 1 all the time).
julex

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2013, 10:38:31 AM »

After searching for quite a bit I ordered bosch 06H905115A coils which are fairly cheap too. I will keep you guys up to date on developments concerning choppy RPMs.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2013, 11:16:18 AM »

Cool, no rush on this side. I just wanted to report this as possible change for the future. I have to use excel anyway for conditional formatting and nice colors for cells to see trouble areas.

Thanks.

latest release adds "RPM - raw" and "Calc acceleration - raw"

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
julex

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2013, 06:55:27 AM »

latest release adds "RPM - raw" and "Calc acceleration - raw"

Awesome!
julex

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013, 06:50:09 AM »

Update:

Installed BOsch coils and the rpm dance still continues... If this is hardware then it must be tone ring... which is pristine and positioned as it should... I am at a loss. I would like to see others' pull logs with nmot_w (preferably 400whp+) to convince myself that I am special here.

I am off to try figuring out why b_llrein is set to 1 everywhere. I look and look and look at page 742 and can't figure out what would set it. Specifically section with dmllri_w merging with mill_w with a symbol between them that I cannot find definition for at the beginning of book.

Anybody has any insight?
phila_dot

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 07:40:22 AM »

Update:

Installed BOsch coils and the rpm dance still continues... If this is hardware then it must be tone ring... which is pristine and positioned as it should... I am at a loss. I would like to see others' pull logs with nmot_w (preferably 400whp+) to convince myself that I am special here.

I am off to try figuring out why b_llrein is set to 1 everywhere. I look and look and look at page 742 and can't figure out what would set it. Specifically section with dmllri_w merging with mill_w with a symbol between them that I cannot find definition for at the beginning of book.

Anybody has any insight?

That symbol is addition.

If you log all of the variables that I added to the ecu file, then we can backtrack it.
julex

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 07:50:33 AM »

That symbol is addition.

If you log all of the variables that I added to the ecu file, then we can backtrack it.

I do have them but they don't make sense to me. Here is the log. Intervention can be seen during actual pull 3000+ rpms where  B_zwvs is set to 1.

Edit: log is from few days ago as I logged wrong .cfg today but nothing changed since then in ARMD intervention so it still applies.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:58:40 AM by julex » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 08:38:10 AM »

Well I had mistt incorrectly defined as 16 bit.

I'll grab a log today to compare.
prj

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 09:52:40 AM »

I don't see why you are guys logging intervention variables and so on, when the RPM jumps around.
What does it matter? Once the problem is fixed, it is likely much of the intervention will be gone as well.

There are no problems with RPM even at 700 whp.
And in fact the amount of power you run has absolutely nothing to do with you getting trigger errors.
You can uninstall your turbos, and guess what, you will still have the exact same problem.

Okay, it weren't the coils, so next step is to take a close look at your wiring loom and your flywheel setup.
Be happy that it even runs - an aftermarket ECU would've screwed up long ago.

This thread seems like a perfect example of people forgetting the basics.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:54:35 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
julex

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »

I don't see why you are guys logging intervention variables and so on, when the RPM jumps around.
What does it matter? Once the problem is fixed, it is likely much of the intervention will be gone as well.

There are no problems with RPM even at 700 whp.
And in fact the amount of power you run has absolutely nothing to do with you getting trigger errors.
You can uninstall your turbos, and guess what, you will still have the exact same problem.

Okay, it weren't the coils, so next step is to take a close look at your wiring loom and your flywheel setup.
Be happy that it even runs - an aftermarket ECU would've screwed up long ago.

This thread seems like a perfect example of people forgetting the basics.

Wiring appears ok. I have OEM bosch CPS in now too to rule out chinese pos I had in there, no change.

I don't have any kind of drivability issues whatsoever except for this odd RPM readouts...

So... that leaves tone ring... Any idea how to verify if it is ok? are there any specs at to where the tone ring and its gaps should be located in respect to inspection/vent holes in bell housing/sensor hole?

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: