Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: 06A906032HJ 1.8T 150hp Problem with LOW Actual Load  (Read 43558 times)
vagenwerk

Ok so i correct TABGBTS to 700. but it wouldn't be to low ? in  log i hit 700C @ 2300rpm....  look on tabgts_w in log - it is little strange i think ?

Professor - from yours experience -  what egt logging tabgts_w   achieve  1.8T 180hp chipped ?

could you post some logs to compare with mine setup ?

I mean 700C @ 2300rpm....  look on tabgts_w -  EGT for component protection and triggers tabgbts kflbts and FBSTABGm

I know the calc EGT before Cat is low - but it doesn't matter because it doesn't trigger tabgbts/kflbts/fbstabgm

Only EGT for parts protection act to KFLBTS FBSTABGm TABGBTS  and i have over 700C @2300rpm look on graph - when i pass 5750rp tabgts_w (egt for part protect.) rise to ~940C and triggers FBSTABGm = AFR fall to 10.9-11

Or maybe it is normal what you think ?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:59:15 AM by gregor10 » Logged
professor

Tabgm_w measures EGT (calculated) so yours are normal.

Now as long for this prior enrichment, you may either disable it as Bische says and model your BTS close to lamfa, or set TABGSS (loc@1D078) to 1100°C and log.
Again this shall work if something else does not trigger prior enrichment, the way you look into it.
Just my 0.01$.

edit: ok i re-read your post and made some changes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:56:32 AM by professor » Logged

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
vagenwerk

ok so if 950C tabgbts_w is nornal you calm me down Smiley

I plan to flash HJbox with this last flash on screen shots and log.
if will work i will be glad

but if still egt enrich hits strong - what about setting FBSTABGm like this ?

950C @ 1 .0
970C@1.05
1000C@1.2
1100@1.5 ?

in this way i will have still working comp protection because fbstabgm is based om tabgbts_w ? Am i right ?

btw - TABGSS (loc@1D078) - factory i have 0 value ? could you check i looking right  ?
prj

Actually for a 3rd gear pull it is definitely not normal.
Measure your real EGT so you at least know what is going on.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vagenwerk

yes it was   3rd gear pull 
i don't have egt gauge Sad

prj - what tabgts_w did you achieve on stock 1.8t 180hp with simple file like mine ?

egt before cat on 34 block never exceed 790C@rev limiter- but when i easure tabgbts_w i read 920-950C@rev limit 3rd gear pull  what to think about it ? what makes to egt calc tabgbts_w so high ?
prj

Just check your real EGT.
tabgbts_w should be set to TABGKRM_W in your case, which is temperature in exhaust manifold.
But in 3rd gear pull it is not really normal to have 950C in the exhaust manifold either.

I think the problem here is that the EGT model is out of calibration. But you won't know this until you log your real pre-turbo EGT.
You have two options - fix the EGT model so that it corresponds better to actual conditions, or set FSTABGM and TABGBTS unnaturally high.

Both will work, but I'd verify the actual EGT's just in case.

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

fix the EGT model

i can't figure out what could possibly have gone wrong with the stock EGT model. There isn't much there to fix unless his MAF is scaled very wrong or he's using a very different exhaust/o2 setup than stock.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

i can't figure out what could possibly have gone wrong with the stock EGT model. There isn't much there to fix unless his MAF is scaled very wrong or he's using a very different exhaust/o2 setup than stock.

It is my impression that a VVT ecu is used on a non-VVT engine.
I might be wrong though.

Log your car properly.
vagenwerk

Yes you are right i use VVT ECU HJbox fron 1.8t Aum 150hp on non VVT engine - AQA stock 150hp narrowband non VVT no sai no o2postcat with changed maf and changed to wideband lambda probe.
But friend has 1.8t AUQ (ori) with VVt stock SAI Stock O2Post Cat stock VVT ECU  and he also achieve high egt and switch very fast on kflbts and FBSTABGm (lambda 0.75) same like mine. So i think problem is stock EGT tabgbts_w modell i think ?

So measure the real EGT is only reliable solution ?

did you ever measure tabgbts_w on 1.8T 150/180 with chip ? did they also  go so high like in my case   ?
nyet
Administrator

changed to wideband lambda probe.

How was this done? Simulated narrow band output?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

How was this done? Simulated narrow band output?

He is using a wideband ECU on an engine that originally ran a narrowband ECU.

Yes you are right i use VVT ECU HJbox fron 1.8t Aum 150hp on non VVT engine - AQA stock 150hp narrowband non VVT no sai no o2postcat with changed maf and changed to wideband lambda probe.
But friend has 1.8t AUQ (ori) with VVt stock SAI Stock O2Post Cat stock VVT ECU  and he also achieve high egt and switch very fast on kflbts and FBSTABGm (lambda 0.75) same like mine. So i think problem is stock EGT tabgbts_w modell i think ?

So measure the real EGT is only reliable solution ?

did you ever measure tabgbts_w on 1.8T 150/180 with chip ? did they also  go so high like in my case   ?

You don't have to measure anything, but then you won't know anything either.
I would measure the EGT to know how far off the model is.

That said, if you have a small K03 on there, then revving beyond 6500 rpm or so is completely pointless anyway.

Log your car properly.
vagenwerk

no no no Smiley
i changed all necessary electronic to make conversion from narrowband to wideband ecu
simply i bought wideband ecu /wideband labda /new maf (wideband ecu require different maf  number ) put together on car and work like a charm.
narroband ecu is very strange and difficult unit also it tells nothing about real AFR.... so i go to wideband Smiley

That said, if you have a small K03 on there, then revving beyond 6500 rpm or so is completely pointless anyway.

Yes i know - i have k03-035 (something between k03-052 (can make max 250PS) and k03-011 (max 205PS) .

But i want to have properly adjusted fueling you know what i mean ?  what afr do you suggest to set ?  12.3 @3000rp - 12@6000 - 11.8 @6800 ?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:11:09 PM by gregor10 » Logged
prj

You should log more things also...
Log boost presssure - desired and actual, ti_w (injector pulsewidth) to see duty cycle and so on, some timing variables.

From looking at your log, you are requesting too much load after 6000 rpm.
The 150hp K03 cars I have tuned run out of injector there, but maybe yours are bigger (you never seem to reach your request at the end though).

I looked at your logs, and actually your indicated EGT for part protection seems okay for what you are doing.
I think you should look at what your timing and fueling is doing.

Here is a pic of a 1.8T 150hp narrowband:

This is the max boost it could run with the injectors and BTS active. You can also see the notch at 5200 RPM in duty cycle, as that is where the EGT enrichment kicks in on my tune.
Over all peak boost is reached at 3000-3100 rpm. On stock tune peak boost (0.6 bar) is reached at 2500 rpm.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:18:11 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
vagenwerk

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »

HI!
Thanks to You prj,professor,nyet,Rick i solve problem with lambda - problem was in fbstabgm now kflbts map work like a charm !!!
car run better , on high rpms engine is stronger i think. i noticed also that fuel consumption decrease.

I manage to make smooth torque - i was overboosting 1.3-1.35b and then settle to 1bar and 0,7b to the redline.
I change the KFLDIMX  3000@72% to 3000% to 69%, now overboost decrese and torque are much smooth Than i increase LDRXN from ca 150% 3000- 5500rpm
to 164% 3000-4500 rpm
156%  @5000rpm
150% 5500rpm

EDIT ?
OR maby all is right with boost and load ?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:02:23 AM by vagenwerk » Logged
vagenwerk

Hi
Lately i was working with fueling, i also add 3' maf hausing from S3,  and i scaled it as stock - fuel trims idle -0.6% , partial -0.8%, so i am pretty satisfied with that changes, turbo holds boost much longer than before, and spool is better than before.

But I have still problem with LOAD

So probably i have to rise 3 last columns in KFMIOP and KFMIRL and then my actual load should match desired ?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:03:25 AM by vagenwerk » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: