Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Tip TCU Hack  (Read 51894 times)
prj

« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2023, 04:51:25 AM »

yes, is damaged for sure (and there is no reputable rebuilder here so i will do it mysef). but i want to make more power after the rebuild and i would like to hold and last the power, plus a quicker shift, my grandma shift quicker. (and no 6psd manual like in all the country available).

so thats why i want try a trans tune after the rebuild (and before that, it probably won't do any more harm)

Thanks

You will never have any issues with holding torque with this transmission and this engine.
And "quicker shift" is subjective, it's not only transmission tuning, it's also valve body. There's no maps in the transmission that define the shift time, some targets for GLUE adaptation yes, but in the end that's not what defines how it shifts.

This is not a DSG where you have a target gradient map or millisecond map that you can just change.

Furhtermore, on your transmission and engine combo power delivery is not even interrupted when shifting, so doing it faster or slower has actually very little effect on acceleration if at all. It will just feel like it's slamming gears, but the car won't be any faster.
Long story short, the RS6 V8 really needs trans tuning the S4 2.7 needs it when going beyond stock turbos, but 2.5 tdi never needs it. There is no point.

Also if you don't have a 29F400 emulator then you can forget any tuning, because you need to desolder the chip every time (there's a theoretical way to BDM them, but all I did was fry the MCU when I tried it once).

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: