Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: real passed readiness with deleted sai  (Read 29159 times)
New2Tune

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 10:03:22 AM »

Yes, specifically I'm looking to be able to show supported and passed without a CAT.

I think I'm starting to get it...  Looks like CDKAT might not directly affect EVSUP1 and thus you can disable secondary O2 without messing up supported/unsupported?  Is that part of what you're getting at with not needing an ASM hack for just the secondary O2?

But with codewords/systems that do impact EVSUP1 you've got a more complicated issue?

You wouldn't happen to be able to elaborate on ESKONF?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:40:52 AM by New2Tune » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 10:21:01 AM »

ESKONF is best understood by reading the FR. Search for the DEKON module, translate it, and go to town. If you have specific questions I'll try my best to help, but I just managed to wrap my head around it recently.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
catbed

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »

Yes, specifically I'm looking to be able to show supported and passed without a CAT.

I think I'm starting to get it...  Looks like CDKAT might not directly affect EVSUP1 and thus you can disable secondary O2 without messing up supported/unsupported?  Is that part of what you're getting at with not needing an ASM hack for just the secondary O2?

But with codewords/systems that do impact EVSUP1 you've got a more complicated issue?

You wouldn't happen to be able to elaborate on ESKONF?

As dd said, the chart in the FR about ESKONF is absolutely the best place to start. It's for a 1.8t but it shows you how Bosch calculates the values for ESKONF.

ESKONF is best understood by reading the FR. Search for the DEKON module, translate it, and go to town. If you have specific questions I'll try my best to help, but I just managed to wrap my head around it recently.

I uploaded the DEKON module to the translated FR thread I believe.
Axis

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 11:47:30 AM »

ESKONF is not difficult to understand. For those who require an english version of documentation read the Alfa FR!
BUT we lack alot of information about how to evaluate ASM or a combination with traces on ecu PCB to identify the correct pair of bits for specific functions.
ESKONF layout differs quite alot between ecus.
ddillenger

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 12:12:40 PM »

ESKONF is not difficult to understand. For those who require an english version of documentation read the Alfa FR!
BUT we lack alot of information about how to evaluate ASM or a combination with traces on ecu PCB to identify the correct pair of bits for specific functions.
ESKONF layout differs quite alot between ecus.

This is where I'm at with it. If every software were setup the same it wouldn't be an issue.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Axis

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 04:48:36 PM »

I've not looked closely at the ASM code call to ESKONF function but if we can do a hack which allows it to do it's thing with only ignition on it would be easy to find out what is what.
Then by flashing a few different ESKONF configs it would be a piece of cake to disconnect connectors one by one to identify ESKONF bits.
Now it's a bit difficult since you need to drive the car before fault code appears.
New2Tune

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 08:54:39 AM »

Just to be clear when the correct bits are set in ESKONF as philla_dot describes along with the other code words for secondary O2 removal, the readiness behavior will be as expected and will pass more sophisticated testers?

IE some time needed to set readiness, readiness is set to incomplete/failed when cleared and then comes back?
I'm pretty much at trial and error on the bits right now and just want to be sure I'm chasing the right thing.
jochen_145

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2020, 10:53:16 AM »

A question to disable SAI:

If you teek MSLBAS and MSLUB and disable powersupply to secoundary airpump, is it also useful to set KFFMSML to zero, to not (in)correct exhaust back pressure in order to (not awaillable)secoundar air mass ?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2020, 11:18:11 AM »

If you teek MSLBAS and MSLUB and disable powersupply to secoundary airpump, is it also useful to set KFFMSML to zero, to not (in)correct exhaust back pressure in order to (not awaillable)secoundar air mass ?

Excellent question, and one that I did try to figure out, but I no longer have the car to experiment on. I would tend to say yes but I don't have facts to back it up.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jorgeminator

Golf MkIV 1.8T AUM

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2020, 12:31:43 PM »

EDIT: My bad, disabling SLS sets SAI as unsupported I think... not passed.

My gut feeling tells me that disabling the SLS function in CWKONABG would make that unnecessary.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 12:43:32 PM by Jorgeminator » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2020, 01:17:49 PM »

EDIT: My bad, disabling SLS sets SAI as unsupported I think... not passed.

My gut feeling tells me that disabling the SLS function in CWKONABG would make that unnecessary.

A word of warning, from my brief research different ECUs do this differently.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jochen_145

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2020, 02:13:54 PM »

When you just teek MSLBAS and MSLUB, SLS function is still activ, but no airflow is a valid situation, while SAI is "running".

CWKONABG will have effect to readyness, AFAIR..
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: