Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Help with VAST Stage 3 tune file  (Read 44651 times)
phila_dot

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on the EEPROM, now how do I go about getting the emissions fixed. Whenever I do anything it seems to jack up the bin.

I told you I would help once you got the car started.

I'm not assisting in making this freeware, but I will help you get what is right in your situation.
BerkleyJ

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 10:15:10 AM »

Have you tried the file I posted with the eeprom cloned? If it works, you can edit from there.
Yeah, I tried it. It starts once but then starts acting up like the checksums are bad or something. That vast tune has got all kinds of weird going on.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:31:13 AM by BerkleyJ » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »

Hey berkley, while I don't think posting the vast file was a bad idea, I do think leaving the eeprom up is. With that anyone can use your file, which is what everyone was afraid of.

Hope you get it sorted!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
BerkleyJ

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 10:26:44 AM »

Hey berkley, while I don't think posting the vast file was a bad idea, I do think leaving the eeprom up is. With that anyone can use your file, which is what everyone was afraid of.

Hope you get it sorted!

After I get all this sorted a mod can come through and remove all the attachments
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »

No. Mods are not your personal janitors.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BerkleyJ

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »

No. Mods are not your personal janitors.

haha, Is there even a way for me to remove them?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 10:35:14 AM »

The "modify" link on the top left of each of your posts

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BerkleyJ

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »

The "modify" link on the top left of each of your posts

Oh... I'm dumb. I was just using the edit icon...

I removed the eeprom. I'll remove the rest later.

I told you I would help once you got the car started.

I'm not assisting in making this freeware, but I will help you get what is right in your situation.

Further instructions, please Grin I'm kinda stuck.

EDIT:

Summary now: If I make any changes to the original vast file I get a checksum error I cant get rid of. If I make changes to the vastfixed.bin ddillenger posted I can correct the checksums. So here's what I did.

1. Modified and checksum corrected ddillenger's vastfixed.bin
2. Flashed it in bootmode.
2. Car started once but did not appear to reflect the changes i made.
3. Car would not start a second time
4. I proceeded to pull the bin in bootmode.
5. ME7Check the pulled bin and there were 3 errors
6. Opened the bin in TunerPro and the changes I had made were reversed? (I made the changes again)
7. Corrected the checksums again.
8. Flashed again.
9. Car started only once again without reflecting the changes I made
10. Pulled the bin in bootmode again
11. ME7Check shows the 3 errors AGAIN (and TunerPro shows that the changes I made were reversed AGAIN)

This vast tune is something weird
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:25:46 PM by BerkleyJ » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »

Oh... I'm dumb. I was just using the edit icon...

I removed the eeprom. I'll remove the rest later.

Further instructions, please Grin I'm kinda stuck.

EDIT:

Summary now: If I make any changes to the original vast file I get a checksum error I cant get rid of. If I make changes to the vastfixed.bin ddillenger posted I can correct the checksums. So here's what I did.

1. Modified and checksum corrected ddillenger's vastfixed.bin
2. Flashed it in bootmode.
2. Car started once but did not appear to reflect the changes i made.
3. Car would not start a second time
4. I proceeded to pull the bin in bootmode.
5. ME7Check the pulled bin and there were 3 errors
6. Opened the bin in TunerPro and the changes I had made were reversed? (I made the changes again)
7. Corrected the checksums again.
8. Flashed again.
9. Car started only once again without reflecting the changes I made
10. Pulled the bin in bootmode again
11. ME7Check shows the 3 errors AGAIN (and TunerPro shows that the changes I made were reversed AGAIN)

This vast tune is something weird

I'll send you a message when I get home.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 11:09:49 AM »

Why not just make a stockish tune that will pass emissions and then once you have your emissions test done put the vast tune back.

Also from what I recall, VAST was using/licensing APR's technology to tune cars which is why their files are not editable. At least their later files were I'm sure.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
BerkleyJ

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »

Why not just make a stockish tune that will pass emissions and then once you have your emissions test done put the vast tune back.

Also from what I recall, VAST was using/licensing APR's technology to tune cars which is why their files are not editable. At least their later files were I'm sure.
I actually used your stage 2++ file completely un-altered shortly after starting this thread and was able to pass inspection. Afterwards, I had to change my oil because of how rich it was running just for the short drive to the inspection station. It would be nice just to have the VAST tune fixed, but at least I'm not in a bind now. phila_dot was looking at the VAST file and by the sounds of it, it seems pretty tamper proof. I really need to get a AFR gauge setup before I do any of my own tuning, but I'm pretty tight on cash right now and have a laundry list of other things that need done just for my S4.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2013, 11:54:08 AM »

That makes no sense, unless of course you kept your larger injectors with the stock scaling in my 2++ file and I can see you basically flooding the motor Tongue

Either way, it is unfortunate that you are stuck with software that you cannot edit and the company no longer exists to support you.  Good luck either way!

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 11:57:54 AM »

Either way, it is unfortunate that you are stuck with software that you cannot edit and the company no longer exists to support you.

Abandonware at its finest.

Lets hope ME7L, ME7Check, and Nefmoto flasher don't fall into this black hole :/

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 12:00:13 PM »

Abandonware at its finest.

Lets hope ME7L, ME7Check, and Nefmoto flasher don't fall into this black hole :/

If Tony's truly done, do you think he'd be amenable to selling the source code? I bet we could all throw in to bring the price down to a reasonable level.

I only ask because I shudder every time you say that.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 12:00:42 PM »

Agreed!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: