Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: audi b6 s4 4.2l v8 supercharger tuning  (Read 53237 times)
Axis

« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2013, 12:32:27 PM »

Which kit do you have? I thought you had paired stuff together yourself.
airtite

« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2013, 01:12:54 PM »

Which kit do you have? I thought you had paired stuff together yourself.

I started out on that path but after a couple of frakenstein manifolds I came across a really good deal on a PES g4 that is installed and running. I have now upgraded to the 7psi pulley and have installed 440cc bosch injectors and WMI as well..
Carsinc

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »

There is a local guy to me named Brian who has one of these but a wagon, I know he is running a pro maf, and 6??cc injectors he has a custom tune done by a big name tuner. Would you like me to get any details from him? I know the first tune ran lean and burned up the motor. Which is why he had it redone. I would be happy I did not get the software with it Wink
airtite

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2014, 12:10:12 AM »

digging this back up, I had the supercharger off the car for awhile to have the rotor pack and snout rebuilt. Its back on my bench at home and I will probably put it back on this afternoon or over the weekend.

I was having a chat to one of the other members about my recent issue http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6069.0title= which has been fixed now and he mentioned being able to point me in the direction of "rlsol_w cap" which I was discussing one page back of this thread. I assume "rlsol_w cap" is what I was looking for that was capping load at 100 because its a NA car?

The only map I can find in one of the damos I have that references rlsol_w in MDFUE is CWRLAPPL "Codewort Vorgabe rlsol_w während Applikationsphase" so my question is am I looking in the right place?
phila_dot

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »

digging this back up, I had the supercharger off the car for awhile to have the rotor pack and snout rebuilt. Its back on my bench at home and I will probably put it back on this afternoon or over the weekend.

I was having a chat to one of the other members about my recent issue http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6069.0title= which has been fixed now and he mentioned being able to point me in the direction of "rlsol_w cap" which I was discussing one page back of this thread. I assume "rlsol_w cap" is what I was looking for that was capping load at 100 because its a NA car?

The only map I can find in one of the damos I have that references rlsol_w in MDFUE is CWRLAPPL "Codewort Vorgabe rlsol_w während Applikationsphase" so my question is am I looking in the right place?

No, it's hardcoded
coreyj03

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2014, 07:27:59 PM »

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:56:11 PM by coreyj03 » Logged
airtite

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2014, 04:12:30 AM »

No, it's hardcoded

ie a system constant namely SY_TURBO
MyTunes

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2014, 07:32:28 PM »

ie a system constant namely SY_TURBO

Any update? Wink

I've been silently following along on your build  Grin
mrgabamo

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2017, 12:54:53 PM »

anyone able to assist with krkte, temin, tvub values for the following injectors (my math sucks)

I couldnt figure out the tvub that you're using. I have the same injectors on my 1.8t, running the stock tvub for now (the specsheet seems to be way off).
Could you tell me what tvub youre using currently.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2017, 09:21:38 PM »

Any update? Wink

I've been silently following along on your build  Grin

No, nobody has source code. DIY tuning a NA ecu for FI is not doable. Period.

The 4.2 is an utterly useless motor from an aftermarket tuning perspective.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2017, 11:41:45 PM »

load cap can be removed

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
mister t

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2017, 06:30:53 PM »

No, nobody has source code. DIY tuning a NA ecu for FI is not doable. Period.

The 4.2 is an utterly useless motor from an aftermarket tuning perspective.

I wouldn't say it's undoable. Just think of it like an AEB engine. Those work without a MAP sensor.

Basically, you need to:
- rescale your IOP/IRL
- rescale your injector constants and pulsewidth
- rescale your MAF
- adjust your ignition timing

It's not simple and it'll take a lot of trial and error, but I see no reason why it can't be done. You just need to re-scale everything so the engine meters enough fuel for the airmass taken in as well as keeping your measured load under the requested load.

Or am I missing something?
nbdiy

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2017, 11:00:18 PM »

load cap can be removed

Could you help me out with this? It´s actually a thing I do not really understand. Do you change SY-Turbo or Max rl 100%?

I´m a little bit confused, because the description says it is not restricted on NA. But in shematic it is.

My previous assumption is that its in reality unrestricted because you could reach even on NA engines more then 100% load, if you make good filling and bosch software is mostly designed for all possible ways.

Maybe the 100% representing 100% of the max possible rl and not 100% rl ?

Edit: Okay, thinking about it helps, I think I got it now, will test it in few days
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:50:34 AM by nbdiy » Logged
alizczewy

« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2017, 02:54:05 PM »

load cap can be removed

Interesting, could you tell which software number is loaded to WinOLS on your screenshot?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: