Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: N249 Code out  (Read 64166 times)
oldcarguy85

« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2013, 05:06:29 AM »

FWIW-- I've been following this thread and, between all the bickering, I've gained a pretty complete understanding of how this system works.  Will definetely be helpful in the future, so thank you!
Snow Trooper

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2013, 10:54:42 AM »

Snow trooperI don't see how prj is doing anything but contributing facts including logs with and without the n249.  It seems you are have a personal grudge against him in every post in this specific thread. Prj even contributed insight on deleting the valve.  If you have so much experience with the benefits and deleting the valve where is your contribution in logs and in how this valve can be coded out besides "oh bro I have one of the fastest k04 s4s"?  I see nothing wrong with the discussion of how the valve works and why its there.  Panties are in a bunch on both sides of the table the way I see it.  On the other hand hearing the pros/cons and the actual function of the valve prooved to be very informative 

Your right, maybe I should have offered to pay him earlier in the thread like he wants and he would have been helpful before jumping in to down people for wanting to test things on their cars.

Also I didn't say bro.  Read my first post in this thread, I hardly came out swinging.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
S4dizzle219

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2013, 10:10:58 PM »

i will add in on this. i read further in  the beginning that n249 uses stored vaccum since the manifold will not open dv's but if you are coding out the 249 you have probably done enough research to have t'd these off from a constant vac source as the engine does have one. it shouldn't be a battle of idiocy for doing it but the facts given for one to decide and rep the pros or sorrow the cons... mine is gone and i can tell you I have run both ways & no difference other than less bypassible shit under my hood!

4 rings to rule them all!
oldcarguy85

« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2013, 06:27:16 PM »

i will add in on this. i read further in  the beginning that n249 uses stored vaccum since the manifold will not open dv's but if you are coding out the 249 you have probably done enough research to have t'd these off from a constant vac source as the engine does have one. it shouldn't be a battle of idiocy for doing it but the facts given for one to decide and rep the pros or sorrow the cons... mine is gone and i can tell you I have run both ways & no difference other than less bypassible shit under my hood!

Maybe I'm confused, but I don't see how a turbo motor could have a constant vacum source (not stored in reserve somewhere)?
ddillenger

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »

* Find the relevant bits in ESKONF (on the 1.8T this is the 2nd to last bits in the fourth of the seven bytes) and set them to 11 - that will kill end stage diagnosis and the open circuit code.

PRJ: I thought the bits comprising the 4th byte were LSHHK EFLA LDR TEV

Isn't the 3rd bit LDR-Taktventil?

Or is that incorrect? Thanks!

NVM, I had my acronyms messed up. Taktventil=pulse valve.

LDR=?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:45:22 AM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Axis

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2013, 01:39:30 PM »

LDR=?
I guess LDR would be N75.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2013, 01:45:28 PM »

PRJ: I thought the bits comprising the 4th byte were LSHHK EFLA LDR TEV

Isn't the 3rd bit LDR-Taktventil?

Or is that incorrect? Thanks!

NVM, I had my acronyms messed up. Taktventil=pulse valve.

LDR=?

LadeDruckRegular

boost pressure regulator...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2013, 02:30:45 PM »

Yeah, it's the wrong bit that I quoted.
Would have to look into some files I have, I have coded this out plenty of times, just don't remember what the exact bit is.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2013, 02:33:08 PM »

1st bit, 7th byte, ULT would be my guess.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nokiafix

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2013, 03:56:36 AM »

On a 1.8T I tell everyone to remove the N249 and set the DV to run via what the throttle valve/ manifold MAP is doing.  Much better reaction, response better boost recovery between gear changes, less/no turbo flutter or stall.  Never had any issues nor will is ever have any issue.  So its all Pros with N249 removal and no Cons here with me and my customers.
masterj

« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2013, 07:15:45 AM »

On a 1.8T I tell everyone to remove the N249 and set the DV to run via what the throttle valve/ manifold MAP is doing.  Much better reaction, response better boost recovery between gear changes, less/no turbo flutter or stall.  Never had any issues nor will is ever have any issue.  So its all Pros with N249 removal and no Cons here with me and my customers.

It sounds good but would it be possible to see logs before and after removal? (Boost vs RPM)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: