Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Car won't start after successful flash and drive.  (Read 74743 times)
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2011, 04:08:39 PM »

Did you check the car for error codes?

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Giannis

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2011, 04:13:33 PM »

Did you check the car for error codes?
yes nothing about chechsums only the code after flashing DTC: P0562 Status: 0x62 Decoding not licensed (witch appeared and the previous time) about low voltage on ecu or somthing.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 04:49:23 PM by Giannis » Logged
Giannis

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2011, 06:11:46 AM »

Any ideas???Is there any chance that the ecu holded the error but that error can't be displayed?
Giannis

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2011, 02:35:49 PM »

well i am starting to make sense of all of this. I found an original flash for my ECU and i am getting the DTC P601 all the time without the possibility to clear it. I did the disconect trick but still nothing. I will post any progres.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2011, 02:18:44 PM »

Sorry for the slow response. Can you post which error code you are currently getting?

Do you have a log file from the NefMoto flasher showing it flashing the ECU and disconnecting afterwards?

Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Giannis

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2011, 02:07:29 AM »

At last the ecu woke up after the flashing with galletto in boot mode but i tryed 2 or 3 times reflash the file with the nefmoto flasher and suddenly it managed to clear the bad chechsum error code. Thank you all for the support and help. Tony you and your program are great. I attached the log that you asked anyway. Thank you again.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2011, 12:03:37 PM »

Thanks for the log file. Looking at the log I can't see any problems, as there are no bad echos, and no occurrences of the word "error" or "fail". Smiley

The trick with clearing the invalid checksum error code is to flash over the OBD port using the KWP2000 protocol that the NefMoto flasher uses. If you flash with Galletto it updates the flash memory, but it doesn't clear the invalid checksum error code.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »

The trick with clearing the invalid checksum error code is to flash over the OBD port using the KWP2000 protocol that the NefMoto flasher uses. If you flash with Galletto it updates the flash memory, but it doesn't clear the invalid checksum error code.

Whoa. Is there no other way to clear that code?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »

Whoa. Is there no other way to clear that code?

You can desolder the eeprom and erase it yourself in a chip programmer. The only time the ECU will clear it on it's own is when the ECU is flashed over the OBD port using the standard VAG protocols.

Giannis

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2011, 03:57:10 PM »

Yes but you have to find a way to keep backup of your eeprom. So you can't escape the desoldering. I personaly prefer Tony's way and when everything fails the boot mode. Today i  flashed my car by boot mode with the ecu still attached to the car.
Sev

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2011, 12:37:04 AM »

Similar situation as in first post happened to me. My ECU was still responding, no problem with connection, reading error codes etc. Probably boot mode on bench was not required but I did it.
First I've flashed in car with original bin using nefmoto, twice. P0601 error still on.
Next, I've flashed it with original bin using galleto in bootmode, simulated ignition off (pin 3), after 10s on, and left ecu on bench connected to power for about 50 minutes. After that I've plugged ECU into the car, fault code P0601 was gone! Engine starts and runs like before Smiley

So, my situation is another to confirm that this works!
mRj

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2013, 05:11:32 AM »

You need to flash using the NefMoto ECU Flasher!  Grin

Two out of the three checksums are checked by the ECU on startup. The third checksum is only checked every few driving cycles. If you have an invalid checksum error code, the car will refuse to start.

The only way to remove the invalid checksum error code is to flash over OBD using the KWP1281 or KWP2000 protocols. The NefMoto ECU Flasher uses the factory protocols over OBD with the KWP2000 protocol.

If you use boot mode with a tool like MiniMon, Galletto, or KWP2000Plus, then you reprogram the flash without the ECU knowing, and it won't clear the invalid checksum error code.

Reflashing your ECU with the NefMoto ECU Flasher will clear the invalid checksum error code.

That is why it is awesome, and boot mode tools suck.  Cheesy

i am trying this, it writes correctly - but the error DTC wont go, is still there.

car wont start either.....any help?

error code is the P0601- Internal Control Module - Memory Checksum error.

any advice greatly appreciated, as cant get the car started Sad
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:44:51 AM by mRj » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2013, 09:36:12 AM »

Read "understanding/retrofitting immobilizer" in the cluster and immobilizer section. Look for the part about the death code. It must be cleared manually if flashing doesn't take care of it.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mRj

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2013, 10:16:54 AM »

Read "understanding/retrofitting immobilizer" in the cluster and immobilizer section. Look for the part about the death code. It must be cleared manually if flashing doesn't take care of it.

thanks, how do i get the eeprom off as i have no programmer/desolder to do so Sad
ddillenger

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2013, 10:32:53 AM »

You obviously didn't read the thread. If you did, you'd realize this is done via bootmode with no soldering required. I took a lot of time to write that, the least you can do is read it before asking questions that have been answered.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: