Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Finding Maps  (Read 52630 times)
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« on: June 26, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »

Here's a quick video i made at work (real sloppy) to find maps using a reference file for people who did know.

http://youtu.be/0dkuoFh2foQ
userpike

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 12:52:39 PM »

Here's a quick video i made at work (real sloppy) to find maps using a reference file for people who did know.

http://youtu.be/0dkuoFh2foQ
I commented on Youtube.
dream3R

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 06:45:18 AM »

Awesome - thank you so much.

I'm going to try this on a old Volvo ME7 A2l to try and port it to a 2005 BIN.

LDXRN is 16x1 in the old but different in the new but I think this might help me get a lot of it defined - thanks Smiley

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
mightemouce

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 08:10:01 AM »

Awesome ! I kept reading into this but seeing it made it click a lot more
Bi-turbo

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 01:42:12 AM »

Great video, everything I looked at in winols makes more sense now
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 06:08:51 AM »

awesome i plan on making more videos with quick tips and maybe others could share there tips
Tecno

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 05:01:13 AM »

The video has really good information ! Thanks Smiley

However, the really interesting part, would be to be able to understand/learn from scratch, without the help of any damos/mappack files, the following:
- Map addresses
- Map units
- The constants (a number) that multiplied by the values, gives their real world meaning/values in a map
- Name of the maps axis

Because if you haven't a mappack, or a damos or a previously tuned file, so that you can compare to your original, you don't have much to go on, i know... but someone had to do it in the first place, right?

The interesting video would be, to learn how to identify maps without the help of the things I've mentioned before: mappack, or a damos or a previously tuned file.

Can you help in such cases?

Thanks !
ne0h

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 03:07:36 AM »

The control strategy can't be fully understood without damos just looking at maps, unless it's very similar to a known system...
Sometimes it becomes a bit tricky even with a fully described damos but no software doc
A good "remap" must perfectly follow what the Bosch\Marelli\Siemens\Denso\... engineers have thought and sometimes
you may even need something more...
The only real way to understand a system for which you haven't any doc is reversing the code,
every map address, correction factor, offset etc... is there and you will have a very good picture of how the system works.
Considering that the entire code is often less than 1MB and you don't need to reverse input\output, diagnostic and supervision parts it's not that difficult...
This way you could also add some maps or controls to cover a situation that is not expected in a stock car...

Apart from that most of the "tuners" I know probably will not even get a car working right with an aftermarket ECU,
just to say that the problem is not to find maps but to know what to search and edit...
My suggestion is to first understand how an engine must be mapped (and that's the real tricky part),
then understand how the OEM engineers have decided to manage the selected system
and finally edit the OEM engine management to get what you want.
There are too much guys out there that do maps based on some self-built theory about how much % of increase is right or not,
everything probably using a software that doesn't even show you the real values...
Have seen some maps promising +40hp that archive the result altering the control strategy with ridiculous values,
covering maybe a half of the situations an engine may encounter and also putting the engine components (ex: turbo & clutch)
under some real stress, everything on an engine that can easily output a lot more power without any real durability concern...
hello

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 10:27:41 PM »

That r32 you have on as the background is my buddies car. Assuming the NY inspection sticker, I assume it had NY plates.
Bi-turbo

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 09:57:06 AM »

That helped me a lot, thanks

Does it need to be the same eprom size?

512kb 551C would be pointless trying to find similar maps with a 1024kb 551M?

Found KFMIRL but that was it
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 11:13:36 AM »

That helped me a lot, thanks

Does it need to be the same eprom size?

512kb 551C would be pointless trying to find similar maps with a 1024kb 551M?

Found KFMIRL but that was it

551C and 551M are very similar. Comparing will work well.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Bi-turbo

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 03:52:58 AM »

With a origanal C box im taking the hex address from the XDF in tunerpro and searching on WINOLS to find the map just to try and know how searching for maps works etc but...

Out of 9 maps i want to find i can match two from the address in tunerpro

KFMIRL matches to 11CCO from the hex address in tunerpro and marries up in the hex in winols

KFDLULS matches to 196B3 from the hex address in tunerpro and marries up in the hex in winols

Nothing else seems match for example:

KFZW hex address from tunerpro is 15FEF but there is no map on winols for the address??

I may be looking at things wrong??
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 04:18:56 AM »

With a origanal C box im taking the hex address from the XDF in tunerpro and searching on WINOLS to find the map just to try and know how searching for maps works etc but...

Out of 9 maps i want to find i can match two from the address in tunerpro

KFMIRL matches to 11CCO from the hex address in tunerpro and marries up in the hex in winols

KFDLULS matches to 196B3 from the hex address in tunerpro and marries up in the hex in winols

Nothing else seems match for example:

KFZW hex address from tunerpro is 15FEF but there is no map on winols for the address??

I may be looking at things wrong??

Im askin my self the same question...  I look for maps in WinOLS because i have the defined files in WinOLS but not a registerd version. Then i make XDF files in TunerPro. But often adress does not match at all..

Take the MAF linearisation for example. I know the map adress in WinOLS but i looks messy in Tuner pro? Why ?

E85oholic
hopsis

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 01:29:57 AM »

You do know that Winols and Tunerpro handle X and Y axis at different order? So 16x11 map in Tunerpro would be 11x16 in Winols.
spawn

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 05:19:20 AM »

Hi

i tried the exact same procedure on the video but when i come to the stage for the transfer of the map and press the right clcik button, the "transfer maps" option is grayed out. See atchment

any idea why?

thanks

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: