Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unable to read contents of R32 ECU 022 906 032 CP  (Read 11165 times)
G60Dub

« on: October 17, 2013, 11:58:50 AM »

Okay bear with me as I am at my wits end with this.

I have the 40MHz version of ME7.1.1 and for the life of me I cannot get it into boot mode nor read off the contents using NefMOTO or the English version of Galetto posted on this forum.

I have made up a bench harness which will happily connect in Nefmoto and read the ECU data but I cannot get it to read the flash nor connect in boot mode.  Incidentally I can read out fault codes in VCDS when using the same bench harness. 

As fas as I am aware the ECU is standard.

I have removed the 0 Ohm link on the underneath of the board as shown here:
http://wiki.obdtuning.com/?title=Bild:VAG_ME_711_platine2.jpg

and my harness is exactly the 'Hybrid' item as shown here with a push to break onto pin 3 to simulate an ignition switch :
http://wiki.obdtuning.com/?title=Bild:AudiPorscheSeatSkodaVAGME7.jpg

My harness proves out and there are no errors in the harness 'circuit' 

I am now extremely frustrated as I have two ECUs to pull the data off as a friend (who lives 600 miles away) has agreed to make some mods for me.

Anything else I can check?

What memory layout do I use in Nefmoto and what ECU type do I use in Galetto as I'm fed up cycling the retrying.
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 12:06:34 PM »

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
G60Dub

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:25:14 PM »

My board is different to the above - Under where it states the boot pin is I have unpopulated 4x twin pad and 2x tri pads and in the area immediately to the right I have two transistor type devices and 6 populated with resistors/caps as such:

http://wiki.obdtuning.com/?title=Bild:VAG_ME_711_platine4.jpg

Huh
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 12:49:23 PM »

Use this as an original, and buy an MPPS cable to flash it back.

16 bucks and works every time.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
G60Dub

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »

Use this as an original, and buy an MPPS cable to flash it back.

16 bucks and works every time.

One of these then:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMPS-MPPS-K-CAN-V13-Chip-Tuning-Power-Auto-ECU-Tuning-Car-Remap-OBD2-OBD-Cable-T-/161124007624?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item2583bd3ec8
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 01:27:28 PM »

Yes.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
G60Dub

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 01:44:43 PM »

Yes.

Not FTDI based at a guess then  Smiley  and can I use it to pull the contents of a modified flash?  Huh
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 02:16:54 PM »

It uses it's own program.

As for pulling a modified flash, I can't comment on that.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
G60Dub

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 12:08:31 PM »

Success  Grin

Turns out I had actually made an error with the harness.  I had assumed that pin 3 was the only ignition switched live and pins 21 and 62 were perm live.  So as a last ditch attempt I put a toggle switch upstream of my nice push-to-break 'ignition switch' house in the ME7 connector in short switchng all 3... first try... pulled the binary off   Grin

Thanks chaps
Brumbassen

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 01:39:08 PM »

Success  Grin

Turns out I had actually made an error with the harness.  I had assumed that pin 3 was the only ignition switched live and pins 21 and 62 were perm live.  So as a last ditch attempt I put a toggle switch upstream of my nice push-to-break 'ignition switch' house in the ME7 connector in short switchng all 3... first try... pulled the binary off   Grin

Thanks chaps

Once you are finish writing and put ecu back in the car did you resolder the jumper on the back of the pcb ??

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: