Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
Author Topic: VisualME7Logger CodePlex Project  (Read 239081 times)
SB_GLI

« on: October 18, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »

After using the ME7Logger utility, I realized it's pure greatness and wanted to start an open source GUI program to make it even more useful.

I've already finished the basic parsing routines, and created a class library that will make it easy for developers to interact with the ME7Logger session and allow for easy, real-time display and/or processing of the output.  As an example, I've created basic form that allows for starting and stopping of a log session, and displaying all the logged variables real-time in a text box control.
I've made it possible to start a new logging session right directly from a session/log file, or while connected to the ecu.

Now that the proof of concept is complete, I'd like to make the GUI useful.  Editing configs in visual way (instead of editing text files), and graphing data on charts, widgets, and other general dashboard type controls, are my initial goals.  Where it goes from there, we'll see.

This is written in C#, so you'll need Visual Studio with the ability to hook up to a Team Foundation Server for source control.  If anyone is interested, go to codeplex and sign up for an account if you don't already have one.  Download the source and plug away.

https://github.com/sbloom82/VisualME7Logger

I hope this draws some interest!

EDIT: You can download the current release of VisualME7Logger here:

https://github.com/sbloom82/VisualME7Logger/releases/download/v2018.07.02.28/VisualME7Logger.exe

Current Version is v28

To run VisualME7Logger:
Copy the VisualME7Logger.exe into the ME7Logger directory before running!

The MELogger bin directory should be in the same directory as the VisualME7Logger.exe file, and the bin directory should contain ME7Info.exe and ME7Logger.exe

VisualME7Logger requires at minimum .Net 4 framework (4.5 and 4.5.1 also work)
Windows 8: If you receive a "Smart screen" warning upon executing the program, right click on the exe and select Properties.  On the Properties page, click the "Unlock" button to stop these warnings.

See attached screenshots
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:46:10 AM by nyet » Logged
lulu2003

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 12:17:51 AM »

Like:)
userpike

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:05:43 AM »

I thought about doing something like this but making it so ALL the ME7 softwares (logger, info, check, etc) are on the same GUI. There is already a couple GUIs for the different softwares and they are good but I would like to see them all together in one GUI, plus the things you mentioned. Unfortunetly I don't have time to be doing this and I have troubles with getting ME7logger to work on my car...so there goes my motivation..I'm interested in seeing your end results though.
elRey

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »

I like it and would contribute but don't have a C# IDE. I hope this takes off.
SB_GLI

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »

I like it and would contribute but don't have a C# IDE. I hope this takes off.

Visual Studio C# Express is free, and if it doesn't have direct TFS support, you can download Team Explorer separately to check out/in source.
SB_GLI

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 08:04:40 AM »

Attached are few screenshots of the quick UI I threw together to show how easy it can be to create real-time charts in .Net.  This is literally just a few lines of code on the form that makes this work.  This currently uses the output library that I wrote and can display the results real-time on the screen from a log file or directly hooked up to the car.  I know this isn't very functional as of yet, but it's just proof that we can make charts and other controls very easily, and hopefully we can make something even better than what's currently out there, and for free!!! 

I would say I have about 8 hours total into this whole project.  Just think what could be done with a little bit of help and time.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 06:34:43 AM »

Very cool!  Smiley

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
SB_GLI

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 06:33:59 AM »

Worked on this a bit more last night.  Focused on parsing out the ecu file so you can select the measurements that you want to log right on the UI.  Will add logic for saving different measurement configurations for different logging profiles.  With this part complete, I should be able to finish off a more complete GUI for configuring and logging a session with a few clicks of the mouse rather quickly.
SB_GLI

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 10:28:15 PM »

The first version which can hardly count as a beta is complete.  (See next post down)

Extract the zip file's contents to your ME7Logger directory.

Execute by running VisualME7Logger.exe (you will need .Net Framework 4 installed)

Choose ECU File, Select a few measurements, or load from a config file.

Click start logging... enjoy.  It will get better, I promise.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:31:53 PM by SB_GLI » Logged
SB_GLI

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »

Zip file attached here
SB_GLI

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »

Worked on it a bit more tonight.  Added Ecu File Creation, auto saving/loading of last configuration, other minor tweaks.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 03:36:40 AM »

gone testing it tonight Smiley

p.s. i think that injector duty cycle calculation will be useful feauture
maZer.GTi

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 06:59:51 AM »

Worked on it a bit more tonight.  Added Ecu File Creation, auto saving/loading of last configuration, other minor tweaks.

Very nice Project!!
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 08:43:02 AM »

doesnt work for me because i have COM3 port cable (COM1 busy at my laptop)
SB_GLI

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 08:53:13 AM »

doesnt work for me because i have COM3 port cable (COM1 busy at my laptop)

I'll add some more options tonight to allow you to use the right com port.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: