Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
Author Topic: VisualME7Logger CodePlex Project  (Read 239135 times)
jimmcgee5

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:26 AM »

looking forward to the next update  Grin, I was just in my junk room looking for an old laptop to keep in the car for this  Cheesy, the motorways round my way are always empty at 12 midnight when I come home from my work  Cool, makes for good testing grounds lol
SB_GLI

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 07:41:01 PM »

Version 1.7 Uploaded.

Added configurable graphing variables.  Choose any variable to plot on the graph.

Added graph image captures, freeze frame, general UI cleanup... other various updates
jimmcgee5

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 11:00:30 PM »

Grin thanks , will be testing this today  Grin got a bit of a  problem with the car getting into 3 figures  Roll Eyes
SB_GLI

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 08:57:21 PM »

One more update today.  I will probably slow down on this project for a while unless there are any other requests.  Cleaned up the UI a bit... got rid of the stupid rpm gauge. Made labels nicer.  Added tooltips to the graph lines.  Added options for vertical and horizontal graph resolution.
SB_GLI

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2014, 08:25:41 PM »

Posting yet another version to fix some bugs.  Sorry for the barrage of updates.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 06:52:56 PM »

oh.. forget that it is GUI and trying to run it standalone
you should make a msgbox for such idiots like me Smiley

btw doesnt work for me (and me7logger too) because 'cant open com port' error=2 0x1
only vag-com can connect for reading logs

i will try to play with bauds..
SB_GLI

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2014, 01:07:43 AM »

btw doesnt work for me (and me7logger too) because 'cant open com port' error=2 0x1

This is just a wrapper around me7logger, so if you cant get that to work, this wont work for you either.   Sounds like you just need to specify the correct com port (look in device manager to find out which one your cable is using)  let me know if you need help, I can walk you through it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2014, 11:12:42 AM »

if you are using a vcds cable you may need the vcp drivers

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »

im using usb-kkl cable
SB_GLI

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2014, 12:03:50 AM »

download this and install the driver:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/usb/virtual-com-port.html

Once you install this, you might have to use the windows device manager and "disable" the virtual com port driver to make vag-com work the way it did with the other driver.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2014, 04:51:13 AM »

download this and install the driver:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/usb/virtual-com-port.html

Once you install this, you might have to use the windows device manager and "disable" the virtual com port driver to make vag-com work the way it did with the other driver.

it is installed
i know which com-port it used and how to change it
but only vag-com can connect
other tools like me7logger and lemmiwinks are not
nefmoto logger can connect but saw only zeroes except calc egt which are ok
MIL_on

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2014, 05:57:23 AM »

Hi,
finally i was able to test it and i have to say: you are improving the best! Thank you so far!
But i also have to say i have encountered a little problem during the graphic mode:
with the display-setting "line" or any related it looks really strange. the only possible view i could use was the point/fastpoint-style, but it was pretty annoying because it was pretty slow. did anybody have the same problem or is able to guess what causes this issue?
but although: the text-showing window in the right is cool add-on!

SB_GLI

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 06:21:24 AM »

Hi,
finally i was able to test it and i have to say: you are improving the best! Thank you so far!
But i also have to say i have encountered a little problem during the graphic mode:
with the display-setting "line" or any related it looks really strange. the only possible view i could use was the point/fastpoint-style, but it was pretty annoying because it was pretty slow. did anybody have the same problem or is able to guess what causes this issue?
but although: the text-showing window in the right is cool add-on!

The fast-line/fast-point are going to give you the best performance possible.  The other options are in there merely as a beta option.  Regardless, any real-time graph plotting will be pretty processor intensive.  I have a 5-7 year old laptop (slow for today's standards) and it is able to display 10+ variables on the graph and keep up just fine.  Open up your task manager and see how the VisualME7Logger is performing regarding CPU%.
Your graph does looks a little funny though... seems like you rpm variable is jumping all around on you.  I'd be interested to see what those logs look like to see how it made a graph that looks like your screenshots.
MIL_on

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 06:44:39 AM »

i was wondering whether it is a problem of sample rates. so that the logger asks for a value and there isnt already one, so its using zero (but it looks like it uses infinity or something really big...)
but changing them had no effect.
maybe i have to explain that my "normal" me7logger is not always producing "." while logging, but sometimes also "o", the hint that the time gets too small. Maybe this could be reason for it? never had problems with the normal logs though.
the loggings that produced this behaviour lool normal so far. if you want to i can attach them although
SB_GLI

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2014, 07:48:15 AM »

Yes, attach the log file that was generated. there should be nice, smooth, linear values in there. I'll take a look.  Your graphs should look much nicer than what you see.  See the screenshot on the first post as example.

Concerning performance, another thing you can do is dial down the refresh rate of the logging screen.  Instead of refreshing every 50ms (I think that's default) try something more like 100ms or 250ms.  That should significantly increase the performance once you find the sweet spot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: