Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
Author Topic: VisualME7Logger CodePlex Project  (Read 239103 times)
vwaudiguy

« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2016, 07:42:23 PM »

it keeps crashing and I think it's an issue with Me7logger itself because this was happening when I was using another GUI. Whats this about? Logger works for random periods of time, then it drops out. Using a blue kkl on com3 then I switched to com4 with no change in effect.

I'm using 125000 log speed and it seems to prevent it from happening most, but it still keeps crashing. any other baud rate and it crashes immediately.

This is actually the same issue that kept me from using me7logger in the past.

Have a car with these exact same faults. Worked great for a month, didn't use it for a while, then this. Went through and deleted all the invisible drivers as well in hopes of success. Tried FTDI as well as Com and the same on both. Logs for 3-5 sec. then crashes with the same window. Using a blue generic kkl cable.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
SB_GLI

« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2016, 10:22:49 AM »

Have a car with these exact same faults. Worked great for a month, didn't use it for a while, then this. Went through and deleted all the invisible drivers as well in hopes of success. Tried FTDI as well as Com and the same on both. Logs for 3-5 sec. then crashes with the same window. Using a blue generic kkl cable.

yep.  me7logger just doesn't work well on mkivs. I've found that it gets progressively worse over time as well, which I don't quite understand.  I've also had more luck, in the same car, with different physical ecus.  Also some softwares on the same physical ecu work differently some better, some worse.

Pull the cluster fuse (or run dedicated kline) and it works flawlessly.  It's a major PITA.  If only we had some ME7Logger source code...
vwaudiguy

« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2016, 10:37:29 AM »

Thanks for the replay, SB. Everything you've mentioned is what we've noticed.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
316LV

« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2016, 05:21:18 PM »

SB is right about the MKIVs... Pulling the fuse or dedicated K-line works fine. I went dedicated K-line because I had issues with the cluster messing up flashing with my 032HS. I still use the stock OBD port, just with a switch to bypass the cluster and other junk on the K-line.

Thanks for this awesome program SB!

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #184 on: February 13, 2016, 05:23:02 PM »

Anyone know if immo defeating the ECU makes it work more reliably?

316LV

« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2016, 05:30:11 PM »

Good question. I have my immo enabled so I can't say...

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
SB_GLI

« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2016, 06:31:50 AM »

I don't think so.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2016, 10:59:17 AM »

Any specific tricks/ issues logging B6 A4's? Can't connect to the ecu (8E0909018BC). It's definitely not a cable issue, as I use this often, but mostly for MK4's. Fault simply says "can't connect to ecu".

*Edit  Just tried an '02 8E0909018F and it worked great with no change in PC settings. The BC car also had an aftermarket radio, but I could connect with VCDS, which usually isn't the case if something's on the k-line.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:22:12 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

Aragorn

« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2016, 12:27:40 PM »

Been fighting with this a little bit this evening, 2000 B5 A4, ME7.5 ECU from a TT225.

Set everything up and connected with the engine not running, the logger started, produced a display with some values for a split second then crsahed with a full screen wall of text, something about incorrect input type near the top, i didnt get a screenshot as i'm using a shitty windows tablet. The one posted on the previous page looked similar.

I figured it was because the engine wasnt running, and it had received some unknown signals.

Start the engine, and it wont connect at all. Tries for a bit, then gives up with error 4. I thaught it might have locked the com port up when it crashed, but VCDS works fine.

Rebooted the PC thinking the software had gone wonky in the background, still couldnt connect.

Looking in the log folder theres a CSV file with four rows that it managed to created on the first run.

I've attached that CSV, despite it being a bit pointless.

Any ideas?
SB_GLI

« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2016, 02:17:57 PM »

K line interference... ME7Logger has an issue with this.  You can try logging with the cluster fuse pulled.  I know this is an issue for just about every MKIV, but I've had this issue in other cars too.
Aragorn

« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »

Thanks.

Some further testing showed that with the ignition OFF the software worked perfectly, as soon as the ignition was powered on the data stopped.

Tried to find a cluster fuse, but the only one listed on the panel didnt actually power the cluster down, it just put "FUSE" on the mileage screen. I also didnt really fancy driving around with no instruments. Decided to rewire the K_Line behind the cluster instead.

As standard on the B5 (and all VAG's i presume) the K line runs to the cluster, then from the cluster to the ECU. I believe its done like that because the ECU and Cluster use the same wire to do the IMMO handshake. When you connect to the ECU you can hear a relay or something inside the cluster clicking as it sets up the communications between the two sides.

So i cut the two wires, and ran them to a DPDT switch. In one position its wired as per factory. In the other position it disconnects the cluster completely, and connects the K_Line directly to the ECU.

Preliminary testing shows its a success. With the switch in the bypass position the logger connects perfectly and continues running with the car started. Win! With it in the other position it all works as per factory (including Logger not connecting). I need to get a smaller more discreet switch, and i'll mount it somewhere accessible once i've done some more testing.
316LV

« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2016, 03:55:08 PM »

I put my switch behind the fuse box door on my Mk4. Drill a hole just above the fuse panel opening, plenty of room in there. That said, I leave it in bypass 99% of the time. If I need to VCDS a component usually on the k-line I just pop it open and switch over.

A k-line bypass is pretty much a mandatory mod on some ME7.5 cars. Mine pissed me off no end until I did it. Logging without gauges sucks so pulling the cluster fuse isn't a good option...

q_dubz

« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2016, 10:22:37 PM »

Just an FYI for some folks. In order for ME to get VisME7L to start logging i have to open up and enter into the engine module in VCDS FIRST! After that i close out VCDS and start logging with VisME7L just fine. Works everytime. Wink
SB_GLI

« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »

does this help with timeouts?  I might have to try.   I have to pull my cluster fuse to log my mkiv currently, and it's a major pita.
SB_GLI

« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2016, 05:47:05 PM »

Just an FYI for some folks. In order for ME to get VisME7L to start logging i have to open up and enter into the engine module in VCDS FIRST! After that i close out VCDS and start logging with VisME7L just fine. Works everytime. Wink

This didn't help timeouts on mine.  When I get a moment I will have to install a bypass switch.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: