Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
Author Topic: MED9 HPFP & LPFP Control  (Read 193906 times)
vwaudiguy

« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »

In your case it shoud be the LPFP controller!

Why not log low pressure?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Tezotto01

« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2019, 04:40:29 AM »

In your case it shoud be the LPFP controller!

My LPFP is OEM and the pressure on the bearish line remains stable between 4.5 to 4.8Bar
When upgrading the HPFP does it need to reduce the pressure in the LPFP? This does not make sense to me ...
Bitshifter

« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2019, 06:56:37 AM »

My LPFP is OEM and the pressure on the bearish line remains stable between 4.5 to 4.8Bar
When upgrading the HPFP does it need to reduce the pressure in the LPFP? This does not make sense to me ...

No! You don`t understand the fueling system. In case of the controler shut down, it is overheated. Log LP @ time of your problem an see by yourself Wink 
Tezotto01

« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2019, 12:17:06 PM »

No! You don`t understand the fueling system. In case of the controler shut down, it is overheated. Log LP @ time of your problem an see by yourself Wink 

Before I draw conclusions see the problem I posted, I reported that I am having problems with high pressure excess, at no time did I say that my LPFP to, I know very well how the supply system works but it seems to me that you do not understand it .
I do not understand why I would overheat the low controller being that I own LPFP OEM and the power of the car is still OEM.
I am injected RS4 and HPFP updated, only after calibrating this step will follow in the other calibrations.
Tezotto01

« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2019, 10:09:28 AM »

Moving on to leave feedback on my problem.

I was able to solve my problem by studying the VSTMSV, AMSV and HDR functions.
Now my actual pressure follows the requested even at high rotations.
mister t

« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2019, 05:21:09 AM »

I didn't read the entire thread but has anyone tried the low pressure pump  upgrade from torquebyte

https://torqbyte.com/products/vag-pm4-high-power-fuel-pump-control-module

It's $700 USD but it allows up to 36 amps of draw at the low pressure end so you can run a significantly upgraded low pressure pump which allows for more at the high pressure end

Bitshifter

« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2019, 07:46:27 AM »

There`s no need for this crap, just buy an TT-RS-controller+Pump or an other upgrade pump (IIRC ~240€, bar-tek).
nokiafix

« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2019, 06:29:20 AM »

If you are having issues with the lpfp controller cutting out then you just need to setup the hardware to cope with the extra demand, on the hpfp there is a little brass fitting for the lpfp feed. just drill this out to 5mm and your lpfp controller will be working a lot less effort to make the required power.
curamrdan

« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2019, 05:39:03 AM »

If you are having issues with the lpfp controller cutting out then you just need to setup the hardware to cope with the extra demand, on the hpfp there is a little brass fitting for the lpfp feed. just drill this out to 5mm and your lpfp controller will be working a lot less effort to make the required power.

Did you test it in real?

Can anyone share experience, how much difference is requesting 3/4/5/5.8 bar on  LPFP to have influence on performance of HPFP?
Bitshifter

« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2019, 11:35:17 AM »

Here it is.  Shocked
curamrdan

« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2019, 09:25:43 AM »

Is it reaction on me?   I cant read anything about what i asked, on this log. Little more info/data?

Bitshifter

« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2019, 12:58:00 PM »

Is it reaction on me?   I cant read anything about what i asked, on this log. Little more info/data?

Yes it is. It shows that the car don`t turn off, but there is a diff > 4bar.

It depends on more than one factor, take a look in any 115xx damos @BKS or FR. Wink
curamrdan

« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2019, 02:05:38 PM »

Im curious, if its important to maintain 5 or 5.8bar constantly on LPFP to have best output of HPFP or 3-4bar is enought.   You posted log, where car with 1bar LPFP and car still goes, but we cannot see railpressure and which powerlevel it is ect.
Meet a cars where lowpressure drop to flag DTC, but car still goes with stable highpressure.

So lowpressure can be as low just until highpressure starts to fall from target, in theory?
Is there benefit of higher lowpressure then needed(i understand for some headroom for stability at all conditions...)

Bitshifter

« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2019, 12:44:56 AM »

Let us think about your question: do you know why the OEM rise up the pressure with rising temperature?

On principle counts: as long as the HP follow requested, all is fine. So it dosen`t matter if the system running 3...4...5 oder 6bar. The problem is another: the effect is called steam bubbles. Wink

curamrdan

« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2019, 05:42:47 AM »

Rising LP with temperature, i dont exactly why, doubt it is just due cold fuel is more dense, because its enginetemp axis in target table. And HP target is same no matter of enginetemp, if im right(except subzero temp). Can you tell me?

So, maybe answer question will make more clear, but why, i just cant set target for example on 3bar at high rpm,  where in example instance LPFP dropping pressure say 3,5bar and flagging DTC.  With lower target will be all ok, or?

I see some tuned files(even APR), most of it rising LP pressure target at working engine temp a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: