Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DW300 installed, top end fueling questions  (Read 8790 times)
amerol0601

« on: November 19, 2013, 09:38:09 AM »

Hello all,

Here it goes, trying out one of these DW300 in tank set ups on my B5.5 Passat 1.8t 20v. Currently I am using a custom tune from a member on this forum, which I am very happy with. When the tune was written I had an in line walbro 255 pump and stock internal. I got sick of the noise from the walbro, so I decided to go with something not everyone has done and obviously when you try something out of the norm, things get iffy.

So, all in all the tune is running great, however I am getting a flat spot in my fueling that I did not have before and I am trying my best to determine if this is only controllable via hardware changes (have read on some other forums for DSM drivers that this worked best with a AFPR however these were older DSM models) or if its something I could possibly control with some adjustments via associated maps.

I have highlighted the area in the attached file. I always default to hardware over software, but thought id ask for direction and not just the answer here.

Any associated posts on the forum are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:02:47 AM by amerol0601 » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 10:02:48 AM »

sorry cant help you
but please specify your specs

just interested
amerol0601

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:31:58 AM »

Starting from left to right in engine bay-
Carbonio Intake
3 inch MAF, Stock Sensor
Frankenturbo
2 1/2 full turbo back exhaust
test pipe
FMIC
APR R1 Diverter
Stock TB
Stock crank
9.1/1 JE Custom Pistons
82 mm bore
stock stroke
SCAT H-Beam rods
06A (originally awm) block
"1.825 L"
AEB Head
+1mm Intake/Exhaust valves
Ported/Polished
AEB Manifold
Stock fuel rail
4 Bar
EV14 550cc injectors w/ dw300
Return style fuel system

.... that bout sums it up. any other info?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:35:16 AM by amerol0601 » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 10:48:44 AM »

no thanks
cant go over 180 mg/s on my 1.8t
just comparing with other setups

amerol0601

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »

I got ya.

Like i said im happy with my tune, and very happy with the help I get from the tuner. There are just things that sometimes I don't like to bother people with because I feel like im being nit picky about it, he is busy with his things and his day to day so I was trying to get an idea of where to look to maybe save him the trouble and if I got it right, i get it right and if not o well I would just have to bother him with it.

Are you running a similar set up to mine?
RaraK

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 11:11:45 AM »

Looks like you are rolling into KFLBTS, found in LAMBTS Section.  This is common on the Frankenturbo's as they do produce a lot of heat and backpressure in the smaller turbine housings.  Logging EGT's will give you a hint of when its starting to move into component protection, then you can adjust some fuel in before that to extend that window a bit.

There are other ways too, but thats first thing you may want to look into.

littco

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »

Looks like you are rolling into KFLBTS, found in LAMBTS Section.  This is common on the Frankenturbo's as they do produce a lot of heat and backpressure in the smaller turbine housings.  Logging EGT's will give you a hint of when its starting to move into component protection, then you can adjust some fuel in before that to extend that window a bit.

There are other ways too, but thats first thing you may want to look into.

Can you post up a log of the timing and the Cf'S
amerol0601

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 11:31:02 AM »

RaraK,
Ok, I will look into that when I get the opportunity too as I just got to work. I will have to do some map conversions as well, will probably be a little while before I can get to any of it.

Littco-
Same deal

Appreciate the go to's here, Ill repost with any findings I have
julex

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 01:58:05 PM »

You're going rich which with previous pump wasn't happening as probably it wasn't flowing enough for it to show in logs. IT is most definitely tune though.
amerol0601

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »

Following RaraKs instruction I went and made some changes, I attached an updated log for fueling in 3rd gear WOT. Also added timing as requested, which was taken after AFR request changes and KFLBTS. These were done AFTER changes to raraks suggested maps. Im going to try and see if I can smooth it out, fuel cut out around 6200 RPM with how I have this set up so I may try and tweak KFLBTS again and try to get it to run to redline (6800)

Julex, as I have learned it is definitely software related and we are working through it. Hopefully get everything set in here shortly.
littco

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »

Following RaraKs instruction I went and made some changes, I attached an updated log for fueling in 3rd gear WOT. Also added timing as requested, which was taken after AFR request changes and KFLBTS. These were done AFTER changes to raraks suggested maps. Im going to try and see if I can smooth it out, fuel cut out around 6200 RPM with how I have this set up so I may try and tweak KFLBTS again and try to get it to run to redline (6800)

Julex, as I have learned it is definitely software related and we are working through it. Hopefully get everything set in here shortly.

I would say if you want to help your setup out you need to port out the exhaust manifold.. Looking at those timing pulls and the fact they vary so much across the 4 runners you can improve it a lot .. I'd have to say that bts is kicking in as it's the only reason you'd have 0 cf in cylinder 1 and 7 in 2..egts high
amerol0601

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »

Ok, I'll look into that. Also, and just because I've always wondered but never found an answer anywhere definitivley and couldn't figure it out via textbook downloads on the site when it speaks of cylinder 1234 is it saying it in that order as in coil pack order or firing order.

Meaning coilpack order is: 4.              Vs firing order: 2
                                                3.                                          4
                                                2                                           3
                                                1                                            1
 I know it's not pertinent to my problem however like I said I could never find an answer. I've downloaded the me7 manuals on the site so if there is a page I missed feel free to point it out.

The porting may take some time to get too, I am going to check basic stuff too like plugs coils etc just to double up on process of elim
20VTMK1

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 09:37:04 AM »

Hi ,

Silly question - what ECU ? If its VR6 maf then M3.8.3 or M5.9.2 ? But then how do you get actual vs req lambda ? Unless its Me7.1 converted to Wideband ?
amerol0601

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 11:42:41 AM »

its a 4b0-DQ box, also its me7.5 ive adjusted the post its a 3 inch housing with a stock MAF sensor I didn't want to insinuate that I wasn't using stock equipment. I am not sure if it was a VR6 MAF but it actually is the MAF that Doug sends with the Frankenturbos

Sorry if that threw you off, i am going to post an updated log here shortly once I get my laptop fired up I have made some slight adjustments to LAMFA (dropped down requested AFR a little earlier to try and keep things cool) and disabled BTS involvement (and as per instructed kept knock enrichment) still getting some misfires at about 6200 but requested/actual is following a lot more linear path which is what I was trying to get back in order

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:01:39 PM by amerol0601 » Logged
amerol0601

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 06:54:30 AM »

as stated
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: