Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Can I flash an S4 file to an A6 box?  (Read 38962 times)
smeege

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »

julex, I'm reading about Jude's M-box file, and he mentions needing to copy MAF maps over if using a Bosch MAF. He also says it works on A6s and Allroads. I'm fairly certain my A6 has a Bosch on it, ETKA says so, too late to run outside now. Do I need to change maps? Should I just view this as an opportunity to upgrade to a Hitachi MAF since I plan on keeping my car for the duration?
jibberjive

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 04:57:17 AM »

I just tuned my AR (same ECU id as the one you listed) and  just clocked 430wph on w/m so it is top notch Smiley on S4 M-box file.

Enjoy.

Congrats man!
julex

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 07:03:24 AM »

julex, I'm reading about Jude's M-box file, and he mentions needing to copy MAF maps over if using a Bosch MAF. He also says it works on A6s and Allroads. I'm fairly certain my A6 has a Bosch on it, ETKA says so, too late to run outside now. Do I need to change maps? Should I just view this as an opportunity to upgrade to a Hitachi MAF since I plan on keeping my car for the duration?

No need to change MAFs and copying maps within TunerPro is exactly a 5 minute activity. You need to copy MLHFM and and MLOFS from any bosch tune file and you should be all set. Hitachi MAF doesn't use (it is zero) MLOFS which is offset value. Bosch uses  200kg/h offset.
julex

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 07:04:51 AM »

I just tuned my AR (same ECU id as the one you listed) and  just clocked 430wph on w/m so it is top notch Smiley on S4 M-box file.

Enjoy.

Congrats man!

Thanks! Getting my ducks lined up before I take engine apart. I want to make sure fueling is working flawlessly on upgraded components before jumping into unknown Smiley
smeege

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »

Thanks julex! I was already half-way through my maf conversion when i read your last post. All works though. Im still trying to figure out mtx plugin. I emailed them, havent heard back, where the heck do I pay for it?
julex

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2011, 03:35:20 PM »

Thanks julex! I was already half-way through my maf conversion when i read your last post. All works though. Im still trying to figure out mtx plugin. I emailed them, havent heard back, where the heck do I pay for it?
I followed these instructions and got the license file within 24h. Send your hardware ID code form demo plugin along with payment/reply.

"
Hi,

I received your request for a Bosch VAG ME7 license. The Personal Non-Commercial License is Euro 10,00. Payments can be made through paypal towards this email: vendite@mtx-electronics.com

Also if you want I can test your stock BIN file before you buy so you are sure that it is 100% compatible because after I give you the license file there will be no refunds.

Regards,
Salvatore Faro"
smeege

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 10:07:19 PM »

I've been waiting for two days, because I neglected to check my "spam" folder.

I'm an idiot.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 10:42:12 AM »

I've been waiting for two days, because I neglected to check my "spam" folder.

I'm an idiot.

We are all idiots pretending we are not.  Grin

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
quattroGmbH

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2011, 01:52:16 AM »

So moral of the story is that it is possible to flash an S4 file to an A6 box if the A6 box is still in the car with it's corresponding immobilizer. Otherwise a bench flash in boot mode would be necessary to gain ecu access without the right immobilizer present. Boot mode bench flash also goes from TIP to 6 speed changes as the TCU  field does not update.

Is that correct? or is it possible to plug an A6 box into my S4 and then flash?

Also can someone please tell me which maps are related to injector sizing, maf, and other recommended changes to Tonys file? I'd like to change Tony's base file for EV-14s and a 90mm MAF. I am having trouble wrapping my head around which maps change what and how they are all inter related. Noob to tuning in general not just Motronic   Cheesy
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2011, 06:12:44 AM »

Take a look here for starters...

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
julex

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2011, 08:11:35 AM »

So moral of the story is that it is possible to flash an S4 file to an A6 box if the A6 box is still in the car with it's corresponding immobilizer. Otherwise a bench flash in boot mode would be necessary to gain ecu access without the right immobilizer present. Boot mode bench flash also goes from TIP to 6 speed changes as the TCU  field does not update.

Is that correct? or is it possible to plug an A6 box into my S4 and then flash?

Correct, A6 plugged into S4 will not allow flashing. If you get an used A6 ECU without matching cluster/key you have to boot mode it.

Quote from: AutoGmbH
Also can someone please tell me which maps are related to injector sizing, maf, and other recommended changes to Tonys file? I'd like to change Tony's base file for EV-14s and a 90mm MAF. I am having trouble wrapping my head around which maps change what and how they are all inter related. Noob to tuning in general not just Motronic   Cheesy

KRKTE for scaling of injector size.
TVUB for scaling of voltage lag, ev14 have different lag values which you can find in one of the threads floating around here.
MLHFM for scaling of MAF size (this one you want to multiply by cross area difference, you know the PI*R^2 thing not the difference in just diameter)

The three maps above need to be changed when injectors/maf size changes.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:13:21 AM by julex » Logged
quattroGmbH

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 08:37:58 PM »

Awesome. Thank you that is a start! I basically need a good enough tune to be able to drive it home from the shop with out running lean Smiley
julex

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »

Awesome. Thank you that is a start! I basically need a good enough tune to be able to drive it home from the shop with out running lean Smiley

The way you do it is you come up with the values that should work, flash the car and hope it starts. If it doesn't you'll either smell raw fuel in which case you gave it far too much fuel in KRKTE or it will misfire/bug badly when too lean.

Anyway, if it starts, let it run and access block 001 and 032 in VAG-COM. 001 will show instant O2 corrections from O2 sensors, positive values means your maps are too lean for the car and car is adding fuel, negative the other way around.

Over 25 either way means your fueling is way off and compensation can't correct for that. At this point you probably want to shut the car and re-do KRKTE and alter it by at least 10% whichever way it needs to go.

Repeat, once you get instant corrections in check, let the car warm up and let it idle for like 10 minutes. Eventually block 032 will start changing. Block 032 is your long term corrections for idle (cell1 and 3) and part throttle (cell 2 and 4) for each bank respectively. Once the values stabilize, you want to eventually change the tune again to have blocks 032 as close as possible to 0 in all cells.

Cheers.

Twiki

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »

Thanks julex - excellent summary of sorting the fueling - will need to go through this myself soon...
julex

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 09:58:24 AM »

Update:

My franken allroad (S4 Mbox file on A6 Auto tranny ECU inside of 6 speed Allroad) just passed emissions in CT in flying colors.

M-box doesn't have SAI by default and this was disabled in the tune, readiness was showing "Not supported" - green - they don't care.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: