Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Can I flash an S4 file to an A6 box?  (Read 38951 times)
DJGonzo
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2011, 10:25:49 AM »

Update:

My franken allroad (S4 Mbox file on A6 Auto tranny ECU inside of 6 speed Allroad) just passed emissions in CT in flying colors.

M-box doesn't have SAI by default and this was disabled in the tune, readiness was showing "Not supported" - green - they don't care.

I don't know what CT rules are but maybe its like NJ and you are allowed to have one unsupported/not ready/failed.
julex

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »

they allow one failed but it is a non-issue anyway since it lists as "not supported" so they don't expect readiness for it.

It is all groovy.
Gingerw00ki3

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 08:00:29 AM »

So if you load a 6 speed flash into a tip car, what controls the transmission operations?
junior

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »

So moral of the story is that it is possible to flash an S4 file to an A6 box if the A6 box is still in the car with it's corresponding immobilizer. Otherwise a bench flash in boot mode would be necessary to gain ecu access without the right immobilizer present. Boot mode bench flash also goes from TIP to 6 speed changes as the TCU  field does not update.

Is that correct? or is it possible to plug an A6 box into my S4 and then flash?

Also can someone please tell me which maps are related to injector sizing, maf, and other recommended changes to Tonys file? I'd like to change Tony's base file for EV-14s and a 90mm MAF. I am having trouble wrapping my head around which maps change what and how they are all inter related. Noob to tuning in general not just Motronic   Cheesy

FYI I have recently put at A6 automatic ECU (L box 4B0 ecu)  in a 6speed S4 (originaly M ecu) and reflashed it in the S4 to stock H ECU file I had and it worked and allowed recoding and eliminated the immo.  Had a customer with a bad ECU and I could not get the correct 8D0 ECU quickly so I tried some experiments with what I could get my hands on.  This L auto ECU was the only one I could find with correct plug to fit S4 harness.  Suffix leters on 4B0 ECU is different.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: