Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: MAF and Injector Scaling  (Read 93784 times)
RaraK

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 12:40:35 PM »

When it comes to MAF scaling... would it be wise(er) to keep a stock fueling system intact that you know works well and just slap in a bigger MAF housing that you're planning on using and tweeking the MLHFM until you get back to what you're seeing with the OE MAF?

Once that is sorted out, you would be pretty much set on using larger injectors and would only have to worry about scaling them, correct?

cool, you on here, get your cable yet?  shoot me an email once you do or start tuning the injectors, i can help you with that a little bit Wink  you still working with an h-box or switch to an m-box?
ybuysti

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 08:27:35 PM »

I don't see those tables for an 01 S4....pretty sure they are needed since he upgraded to larger injectors and an E85 tune.  How could the tuning shop send him a file to DL/flash without those tables being existent?  I have a hard time beleiving that you can just slap in some larger injectors without rescaling and adjusting latencies.  Any ideas?
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 02:59:28 PM »

I don't see those tables for an 01 S4....pretty sure they are needed since he upgraded to larger injectors and an E85 tune.  How could the tuning shop send him a file to DL/flash without those tables being existent?  I have a hard time beleiving that you can just slap in some larger injectors without rescaling and adjusting latencies.  Any ideas?

Most tuners just adjust the fuel injection correction map, and never touch the injector latency.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
99pwr

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 09:29:05 AM »

Here are the maps with Mbox addresses:

TVUB - injection time offset based on voltage - 5x1 - 0x814EEE
TVTSPEV - injection time offset based on estimated injector temperature - 4x1 - 0x81C2CA
FRLFSDP - injection time scaling factor based on predicted vacuum relative to outside pressure  - 11x1 - 0x81C2A6

Sorry for the wait!

Tony, tell me please, for what bosch number ECU are these addresses valid?
RaraK

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 10:48:16 AM »

M-Box.....

everyone is using M-Box for the most part, I am using H-Box however.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 11:56:35 AM »

All the addresses I give are for the M box version 0002.

That is the most popular S4 ecu type.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 09:54:38 PM »

cool, you on here, get your cable yet?  shoot me an email once you do or start tuning the injectors, i can help you with that a little bit Wink  you still working with an h-box or switch to an m-box?

I am on here... although I don't seem to follow up as much as I should with this..

I finally got my KWP2000 cable a little while ago, so I think I'm gonna dive into this a little this weekend.  At the minimum I want to do a few timing tweeks and del the rear O2 CEL that has been on for wayyyy too long lol...

As for the injectors, I don't have any bigger injectors yet (I don't really have the need for them just yet... still running K03's and no E85 available here --worth while anyway--), but I am thinking of picking up a bigger MAF and playing with some scaling to 'get ready' for when I get bigger turbos I won't be totally in the dark Tongue

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 03:04:51 PM »

Doing a lot of reading, I'm not sure that this is so true anymore... Finding the equation for the correct calculation of KRKTE under the RKTI section of the FB PDF there is the formula: 50.2624 * displacement * Qstat (flow of the injectors with n-heptane) = KRKTE

50.2624 * 2.7 * 458 (Qstat for Siemens 630cc) = 0.296306725 <--- what the KRKTE should be I believe according to the calculations.... but it seems ppl are using a value closer to .11 with 630's...

What do u think?

KRKTE is the constant for converting a reference load in % into fuel injection open time ms. So the units for this value are ms/%. The ecu calculates a reference load % based on the desired AFR. If the ecu wants to run rich, the reference load is higher than the actual load. If the ecu wants to run lean, the reference load is lower than the actual load. If the ecu wants to run at stoich, then the reference load is the same as the actual load. So if the reference load was 100% then the injection time would be KRKTE * 100. If you increase the size of your injectors, or increase your fuel pressure you need to scale this number down. If you decrease the size of your injectors, or decrease your fuel pressure you need to scale this number up.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 11:09:15 AM »

^^^ ignore that last calculation... I forgot that it's displacement of ONE cyl, not of the motor lol... so the correct calculation would be:

50.2624 * 0.45 / 458 = 0.049384454

oopsies  Wink

ktech

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 12:10:36 PM »

Remember to correct Minimum TE also when you change the injector Size. Wink or elso you will run pig rich at idle no matter what KRKTE is set to. On the 1,8T minimum TE is approx 0,75 mSec. Hope somebody can use this info. Smiley
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »

minimum TE?

I know that changin the KRKTE alone will not work, the injector latency's will have to be modified as well (if that's what you're referring to Tongue )

ktech

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 10:02:44 AM »

That is the absolut Minimum opening time in ms of the injectors. So if you use big injectors you have to lower this value to run stoich at idle.
elRey

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 10:07:28 PM »

What are the map names for min TE and inj latency? Are they one in the same?

edit:

rereading thread....

inj latency = maps TVUB, TVTSPEV, and FRLFSDP
min TE map = ?

when using larger injectors, do all 3 latency maps really need adjusting? i.e. 630cc or 840cc dekas

To adjust this change the injector latency map. The latency map is in ms, not ms/% like injector scale. To convert the percent fuel trim into a ms value you have to multiply by the fuel injector scale. You take the fuel injector scale in ms/% times the long term idle fuel trim in % and that gives you the long term idle fuel trim in ms. Then you use that value and either add it or subtract it from your injector latency map.

which of the 3 latency maps are you referring to here?

Thanks,
Rey
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 10:28:07 PM by elRey » Logged
elRey

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 04:56:26 PM »

And what about Hysteresis for lambda control?
99pwr

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

Remember to correct Minimum TE also when you change the injector Size. Wink or elso you will run pig rich at idle no matter what KRKTE is set to. On the 1,8T minimum TE is approx 0,75 mSec. Hope somebody can use this info. Smiley

Can anyone tell me, please, the name of these map (min. TE)? It is ok to adjust this value with a new value (0.85) if i use siemens 630cm3 injectors?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: