Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
Author Topic: MED 9.1 basics  (Read 294807 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »

On ME7 the stock BTS is very very rich at high load points because on a stock tune, those load areas should never be reached. I imagine the same is true of the stock MED9 BTS map(s)

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Beaviz

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2014, 12:22:43 AM »

Are u using lamfa on med9.1? It seems the BTS threshold is very low on med9.1, so I guess you'd need to raise the bts threshold to get it to use lamfa, right?

I agree. MED9 seems to switch to BTS fuelling much faster than ME7.

On ME7 the stock BTS is very very rich at high load points because on a stock tune, those load areas should never be reached. I imagine the same is true of the stock MED9 BTS map(s)

True. MED9 BTS maps looks much like ME7.
Basano

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2014, 12:54:55 AM »

sorry for the offtopic  but how did you manage to log these variables on a MED9 ? !?  Huh

Hi guys. I am using a RAM logger to log. If you are curious, you can follow the progress on this  thread Smiley

I use an Arduino and a sparkfun CAN-BUS Shield for the hardware (pretty cheap). The software is an implementation of VW TP2.0 and KWP2000 I put together myself.

Still a work in progress, but it lets me log a bit more than VCDS. Having said that, you still need to manually pull out the ram locations you are interested in by going through the FR and disassembling in IDA to find those locations. That takes quite a while.
Basano

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2014, 01:28:20 AM »

Thanks for the comments on the AFR!

Since this is the first time I've tuned anything, perhaps I could start gently by working on the BTS maps? I'm keen to retain the component protection since I really don't want to melt anything!

I could certainly try modifying KFLBTS and KFLBTSLBK0 in the high load areas and keep an eye on the EGT. However, should I be modifying these BTS maps directly or rather modifying some other variable that multiples the output of the BTS maps? Working my way through the FR, but would certainly benefit from your suggestions.

Sorry, I should have mentioned the setup as well:

Audi S3 8P 2.0 TFSI MY2008 manual, UK spec
Hardware is totally stock
Only maps I've changed so far are LDRXN, KFMIRL/KFMIOP, LDPBN, KFLDIMX and KFLDRQ2 (not very exciting, but I learnt a lot). All this has done is rasied the boost to around 2400mbar absolute (and at least it stays there without spiking!!)

I want to take it a bit further now, hence my interest in fuelling (and timing).
majorahole

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2014, 10:24:08 AM »

Thanks for the comments on the AFR!

Since this is the first time I've tuned anything, perhaps I could start gently by working on the BTS maps? I'm keen to retain the component protection since I really don't want to melt anything!

I could certainly try modifying KFLBTS and KFLBTSLBK0 in the high load areas and keep an eye on the EGT. However, should I be modifying these BTS maps directly or rather modifying some other variable that multiples the output of the BTS maps? Working my way through the FR, but would certainly benefit from your suggestions.

Sorry, I should have mentioned the setup as well:

Audi S3 8P 2.0 TFSI MY2008 manual, UK spec
Hardware is totally stock
Only maps I've changed so far are LDRXN, KFMIRL/KFMIOP, LDPBN, KFLDIMX and KFLDRQ2 (not very exciting, but I learnt a lot). All this has done is rasied the boost to around 2400mbar absolute (and at least it stays there without spiking!!)

I want to take it a bit further now, hence my interest in fuelling (and timing).
now idk if this is the "correct" way, but i modified the KFLBTSLBK0 and KFFDLBTS to get my afr where i want it
Basano

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2014, 02:09:04 AM »

Thanks

I haven’t spent much more time on this but did adjust the fuelling somewhat:

1)   Set the maximum row of LAMFA to 0.8 across the board.
2)   KFLBTS and KFLBTSLBKO. Increased the last few cells of the maximum row slightly.

I’m sure it can be improved but it’s not as rich as previously.

I also retarded the timing (KFZW / KFZW2) somewhat as I’m running on plain old pump fuel. I’d like to take this down a bit further since CF’s are around -1.5 to -3 and I could probably do a bit better.

Basano

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2014, 02:13:52 AM »

Help

I’m really struggling with rlsol_w which keeps dropping down.

I’d noticed that plsol_w (Specified Boost) kept dropping off. Originally I thought that plsol_w was being corrected by something in the LDRLMX path, so I logged plxs_w and saw that it was unaffected. Hmmm Huh Next I checked pssol_w and observed that it was dropping off as well. Now if I’m reading the FR correctly (looking at the lines that join the little blocks in the pictures lol) then rlsol_w -> pssol_w. Sure enough, logging rlsol_w showed that it was also tailing off.

rlmax_w is unaffected.

What could be affecting rlsol_w? Frustratingly, it’s not always consistent either. Sometimes it’s really apparent, sometime not  Sad

Searching on rlsol_w returned some topics about KFMIRL/KFMIOP interactions but I haven't looked further into this. I am probably right at the top of these tables now since I raised LDRXN slightly as well.

Log attached.

Any ideas?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2014, 11:35:20 AM »

If it is anything like ME7.1, maxing ps_w will cause problems.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »

If it is anything like ME7.1, maxing ps_w will cause problems.

Not with desired load though.

I'm not familiar with MED9, but perhaps it is the load request from KFMIRL?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2014, 11:58:09 AM »

Not with desired load though.

I'm not familiar with MED9, but perhaps it is the load request from KFMIRL?

Good point. Is there a KFTARX equiv in MED9?

ECUx Plot

technic

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »

Good point. Is there a KFTARX equiv in MED9?
Yes, there is Smiley
ddillenger

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2014, 12:56:50 PM »

Start with:

KFTARX, KFLDHBN, LDPBN, KFMIOP.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
phila_dot

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2014, 01:03:11 PM »

There is no problem with rlmax_w, so I think that all of those desired load limiters can be skipped.

It is either the torque request into KFMIRL or the load request out of it.

Log the input and output of KFMIRL.
majorahole

« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2014, 02:02:32 PM »

LDPBN is pressure limit at engine temp
KFLDHBN is max pressure ratio

it could be?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2014, 03:17:30 PM »

There is no problem with rlmax_w, so I think that all of those desired load limiters can be skipped.

It is either the torque request into KFMIRL or the load request out of it.

Log the input and output of KFMIRL.

I agree with this.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: