Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: RevoFlash immo adaptation  (Read 34284 times)
lezsi

« on: April 27, 2011, 04:25:19 PM »

Hi everyone, this is my first post here!  Smiley

I've just got a Revoflash knock-off cable, and tried it on my 2001 1.8T Seat Leon.
The flashing was succesfull (in-car, through OBD), but now the Immo (II) stops the engine right after it starts.

I've tried to re-adapt the instrument cluster following VCDS instructions (reading and saving block 00 of address 17-instrument ), no success.

Now I cannot reflash the original bin made with galletto previously either, because the immo prevents accessing the flash ("speed changing error" in galletto, and revo software also).

-Unfortunately I couldn't check nefmoto's flashing software, because I use XP...

Any ideas how to resolve this problem, preferrably in-car?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:11:43 PM by nyet » Logged
Nottingham

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 03:46:39 AM »

Did you use a RTK file matching your ECU P/N or did you just select a file (named) as Leon?

I guess it will be a offboard job anyway (i.e benchflash with Galletto).
lezsi

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 06:16:00 AM »

Did you use a RTK file matching your ECU P/N or did you just select a file (named) as Leon?

Thanks for your reply.

My original ecu #: 06A 906 032 DE
I flashed : 06A 906 032SJ
-it seemed the closest match  Roll Eyes
julex

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 07:14:19 AM »

Thanks for your reply.

ECU with immobilizer will allow flashing if the immobilizer is authenticated with cluster and key. If the Immo ID doesn't match, the ECU won't allow flashing.

You flashed with a generic image that has different Immo ID/VIN coded into its binaries.

Now, whenever the ECU gets powered on, it fails to authenticate with either cluster nor key. Two things happen from here. ECU cuts off engine and prevents you from flashing since security access is denied in case when Immo IDs don't match.

I don't know what immo model you have in your car but it adaptation doesn't work it means you need proper security code for your car and this you can only obtain from a dealer....for a fee.

Your only way to come back now is to bench flash the ECU.... but knowing nothing about the specific ME model your car runs, I don't even know if that's possible.
lezsi

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 07:54:07 AM »

Thanks for your reply.

ECU with immobilizer will allow flashing if the immobilizer is authenticated with cluster and key. If the Immo ID doesn't match, the ECU won't allow flashing.

You flashed with a generic image that has different Immo ID/VIN coded into its binaries.

Now, whenever the ECU gets powered on, it fails to authenticate with either cluster nor key. Two things happen from here. ECU cuts off engine and prevents you from flashing since security access is denied in case when Immo IDs don't match.

I don't know what immo model you have in your car but it adaptation doesn't work it means you need proper security code for your car and this you can only obtain from a dealer....for a fee.

Your only way to come back now is to bench flash the ECU.... but knowing nothing about the specific ME model your car runs, I don't even know if that's possible.

Thanks for your detailed explanation!

AFAIK it's an ME7.5 ecu, and IMMO 2 instrument cluster.

Now I've found a topic here to start the ECU in boot mode, that way -theoretically- galletto should flash my backup binary back(?)

But it would be much better to align my immo to this new revo program, or disable immo at all.
Now I don't understand how this revo program could work without handling such immo issues?
ArgDub

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:50:27 AM »

I googled Revoflash cable, for what I understood it has a limited number of flashes. If so, I think you may want to backup the Revo file while you are with the galletto tool, just in case...
lezsi

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 03:33:03 AM »

I googled Revoflash cable, for what I understood it has a limited number of flashes. If so, I think you may want to backup the Revo file while you are with the galletto tool, just in case...

You're right, it has "burn units" for 9 flashing when new (8 left on mine).

I removed the ecu and flashed the original firmware with galletto in boot mode, at least the car runs. -And I've got the revo flash in normal binary format also  Smiley

Question: how to make it compatible with my immo? Merge it into the original, or do I need to disable the immo in the eeprom?
gremlin

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 02:10:53 PM »

You're right, it has "burn units" for 9 flashing when new (8 left on mine).

I removed the ecu and flashed the original firmware with galletto in boot mode, at least the car runs. -And I've got the revo flash in normal binary format also  Smiley

I think with your attempt you just loose one flashing in Revo cable - nothing else.
Your saved dump of revo code will never work in any ecu because executive code is damaged now.
Revo make changes not only in calibrations maps also in exec code + add custom code and specially encrypted additional calibration maps.
When flashing with Revo it overwrite only part of dump and flashing over code that not corresponded to numbers of RTK-files is useless.
ArgDub

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 06:32:08 PM »

I think with your attempt you just loose one flashing in Revo cable - nothing else.
Your saved dump of revo code will never work in any ecu because executive code is damaged now.
Revo make changes not only in calibrations maps also in exec code + add custom code and specially encrypted additional calibration maps.
When flashing with Revo it overwrite only part of dump and flashing over code that not corresponded to numbers of RTK-files is useless.

Ok. he has a 06A906032DE ori in his ecu now, so if he writes an 06A906032SJ ori and then he flashes the SJ tuned file over using the Revoflash cable, it will work. Is that what you mean?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:39:53 PM by ArgDub » Logged
lezsi

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 05:58:27 AM »

Thanks for both of your thoughts.

I'm not sure whether I have a good understanding: you mean, that revo doesn't alter the whole flash area just parts of it? That's why the part number has to be totally identical?

The flashing process seemed to go through the whole address area, and in the end there were no checksum errors and result was working fine with VCDS and started the car till the immo stopped it. Does it fit the presumption above?

In any case, I have the SJ version ori file in the revo library, so -in theory- I can do two flashes ori, and tuned after -don't really mind the burn units in cable.

But I still don't see, how the immo is handled here. I'm affraid any of the revo flashes would end up in the same immo error which prevents doing a second one.

lezsi

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 06:43:38 AM »

The bins, FYI
gremlin

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 05:06:02 PM »

so if he writes an 06A906032SJ ori and then he flashes the SJ tuned file over using the Revoflash cable, it will work. Is that what you mean?

Yes. First load SJ-original and test it to works fine and hasn't immo problem.
If yes, try to flash it with revo SJ RTK.
V8 Dave

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »

How did you get on with this? I'm looking to get one of these cables to make use of my newly constructed bench harness to play with some spared ECUs.

It's not too hard to disable the immo in the EPROM, but I've not yet studied which pin is the immo feed from the cluster to cut.
andylorne

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 09:01:16 AM »

Hi, first post here. I'm assuming if you flash the ECU with code containing a different VIN or IMMO ID it would be the same as fitting a second hand ECU. Ross tech wiki has a lot of info on ECU swapping. You need the four digit pin codes from the ECU and Dash to transfer a new ID to the ECU but it can be done with VCDS and K+CAN commander.
I'm also looking into ECU tuning but not necessarily the revoflash3 clone.
automan001

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 08:42:39 AM »

Hi, first post here. I'm assuming if you flash the ECU with code containing a different VIN or IMMO ID it would be the same as fitting a second hand ECU. Ross tech wiki has a lot of info on ECU swapping. You need the four digit pin codes from the ECU and Dash to transfer a new ID to the ECU but it can be done with VCDS and K+CAN commander.
I'm also looking into ECU tuning but not necessarily the revoflash3 clone.
These flash bin files do not contain VIN or IMMO ID! This is stored in EEPROM and is not owerwritten when you flash code. EEPROM is flashed separately with 512 bytes files contain all that mentioned info.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: