Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Intake Air Temperature correction factor for ignition angle  (Read 16098 times)
lave3k

Anyone know the map names or acronyms for correcting the ignition angle based upon intake air temperature?  -Thanks
240sxpooter

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 06:35:59 AM »

Anyone know the map names or acronyms for correcting the ignition angle based upon intake air temperature?  -Thanks

KFZWWLNM
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 06:21:01 PM »

^ that map is for coolant temp not iat... at least that's how i read it.
I think there is only an iat correction for load, but i could be wrong.  kftarx

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 12:53:16 PM »

From what I know off hand, you can control specified load, target lambda, boost limit, and target boost pressure based on intake air temperature. I don't know of any maps that allow you to adjust ignition timing based on intake air temperature.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
masterj

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »

From what I know off hand, you can control specified load, target lambda, boost limit, and target boost pressure based on intake air temperature. I don't know of any maps that allow you to adjust ignition timing based on intake air temperature.

Maybe you could tell those maps IDS? Especially boost limit based on IAT?

julex

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 03:40:10 PM »

KFLDHBN

The map name translation is wrong as it makes you think it is some altitude correction map. It is not. Axis are RPM and IAT in celsius. Values are max compression ratio.

At least that's what I deducted from it and my massaging of the table confirms.
kenmac

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »

KFLDHBN

The map name translation is wrong as it makes you think it is some altitude correction map. It is not. Axis are RPM and IAT in celsius. Values are max compression ratio.

Isn't this just a component protection map?  Basically if that pressure ratio is actually exceeded, the system goes into soft limp mode.  Pretty inconvenient for tuners if you ask me.
phila_dot

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 11:27:28 PM »

KFLDHBN

It is. It is multiplied by ambient. Altitude increases and ambient pressure decreases. To control load based on IAT you should use KFTARX.

Isn't this just a component protection map?  Basically if that pressure ratio is actually exceeded, the system goes into soft limp mode.  Pretty inconvenient for tuners if you ask me.

No, it is simply multiplied by ambient then converted to load. If this is lower than the other max load values then rlmax_w will follow it.
phila_dot

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 11:38:57 PM »

KFZWWLNM

This is correct. The axis are nmot and tans.

^ that map is for coolant temp not iat... at least that's how i read it.
I think there is only an iat correction for load, but i could be wrong.  kftarx

That is KFZWWLRL and it is the actual warm up map.
kenmac

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 04:34:34 AM »

No, it is simply multiplied by ambient then converted to load. If this is lower than the other max load values then rlmax_w will follow it.

I see. So at best KFLDHBN will limit load based on ambient pressure.
silentbob

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »

Quote from: julex
KFLDHBN

It is. It is multiplied by ambient. Altitude increases and ambient pressure decreases. To control load based on IAT you should use KFTARX.

It's both not correct. The translation is right because the actual sense of KFLDHBN is to protect the turbocharger from overspinning on higher altitudes. The axis are IAT and N.

Quote from: kenmac

It is a component protection map but more similar to stuff like KFLBTS.
TTQS
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »

KFLDHBN

Bob is right as usual. I spend hours translating these modules. Do you guys not read them?

"...the maximum cylinder charge is limited by an external pressure dependency to avoid overloading the turbocharger at high altitudes"

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/LDRLMX_3.100_(Calculation_of_LDR_Maximum_Cylinder_Charge_rlmax)

TTQS
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 11:42:29 AM »

This always baffled me... ME7 calculates both req load -> req boost AND back calculates max pressure (from max pr) to load..

Can somebody post a simple equation for both? I've been trying to decipher the FR, but what i come up with has yet to match my logs

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
silentbob

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 02:29:12 AM »

I'm not excatly sure what you mean, but if it's regarding rlmax then have a look at LDRLMX in the FR.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 10:21:41 PM »

Sorry to bump this from the dead, but was the OP's question ever answered? If it was I missed it. Just curious to know the acronym. Thanks!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: