Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Vag K+ Commander v2.5 help with Hex-Can cable  (Read 24317 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »

You cannot use the cloned hex-can for flashing.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
hamma

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 03:51:56 PM »

Hello,
Indeed, I was never able to connect my HEX+CAN cable to read eeprom or whatever function of vag commander. however, I managed to get the most dumb chinese CH340 cable to work with vag commander and extract the PIN.
What I did is of course set the com port in tester.ini and also set the protocol to KWP1281 instead of KWP2000.
It worked only with the Cluster/immo eeprom reading (and pin extraction as well) which was all that I need so far.
hope this could help someone
Calde315

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 09:01:51 PM »

I am in a similar predicament currently. I have been trying to install Vag Commander on my XP Laptop, going to try it on my 7 laptop.

I also have a HEX CAN cable, but it should be fine since it is a FTDI cable, correct?

OP, did you install VC 2.5 on XP or 7?

I guess I will also need to download the VCP drivers, because I was trying to use it with the original Ross Tech drivers with intelligent mode turned off.

So all I should need to do is, install the VCP drivers manually, turn off intelligent mode, turn on K-line comms, and just open VC 2.5 from the folder I downloaded? There is no installation process for the Vag Commander application?

Amazing how much of a PITA it is just to get a PIN/SKC so I can program this key on my B5.5 Passat... only if it was as easy as my B5 A4. haha.

Sorry I never saw this post after and just recently saw Hamma's post. My old work computer was a 32-bit Windows 7 machine and it worked just fine. It was my personal computer that didn't work out, which was originally a 32-bit Windows machine running Vista, but had been converted to Windows 7.

I had no problems with my genuine Ross Tech cable. Got the SKC, got it for another person that needed it and haven't had to use it again. I need to find another Audi key and then I'll be at it again for one last time. Should have wrote the SKC down and then I wouldn't have to do it again. Pretty sure I remember it in my head, but should redo as a good exercise.
mybrainsrmelting

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 06:39:37 PM »

Hello guys,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post.
i was struggling getting VAG Commander to work with HEX+CAN ross tech cable with no success.
My cable is a HEX+CAN clone from china with FTDI232R chipset. It was working just perfectly with VCDS and with the correct driver from Ross Tech as well. It shows as Ross Tech USB interface in the hardware manager
I tried all exposed solutions and suggestions :
try VCP driver, set the kwp to my vcp port, set dumb mode in vcds but no way to get it to work.
I used WIN7 64bit and 32bit, win XP 32bit on a virtual machine but still no success.

i see that Calde315 managed to get over the problem. I would love to know what was the solution.

any idea?

I have the same issue. Have a Ross tech hex +can cable & I've downloaded vagtacho & vag commander 3.6.
Is it an issue with windows 10? Can I not use the drivers that installed with vcds? I have a 2003 VW Passat B5 1.8t currently in what is called limpmode or fault code. What would be best to diagnose and clear the fault?
I sent my car to a little shop up the street to get diagnosed & the guy calls back asking if I have the skc because he wants to wipe or reset my ecm. I had already ordered the vcds & cable. I'm not really trusting what he's planning on doing. I believe he was going to hold off till I got the skc from VW America. Which from what I read I don't have a high probability of successfully retrieving from them. Also I do need to get the skc because I have 1 key. The car only came with the valet key. I have no keyless entry, no switchblade
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: