Pages: [1]
Author Topic: About to try this-Can I use Nefmoto on my 05 Cayenne 4.5 L turbo? what settings?  (Read 7440 times)
treepog

Hello to all,

I have latest Nefmoto installed on my laptop with driver. I have connected my cable and confirmed it can use premium features.... My Cayenne has a brand new battery installed and I believe it has ME7.1.1 But before I connect this to my SUV I just want to be sure if it will work and if there is any other tips or suggestions before I try this.

I am just wondering if I can use Nefmoto to read and make a copy/backup of my stock/original factory tune on my Cayenne. Then afterwards use Nefmoto to flash a new modded tune (that I will be purchasing) to it?

Also, I have read through most of the Wiki but I am still not sure exactly what settings I need to have on Nefmoto for my particular car?

Thank you Very Much in advance! And sorry if this is a silly question.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 09:12:28 PM by treepog » Logged
ddillenger

Nefmoto will not work with your Porsche I'm afraid. Best bet, pull the ecu and bootmode it, or get an MPPS cable off ebay for 13 bucks.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
treepog

Thanks soo much for the reply. I was very excited to try this tomorrow in morning...guess not Sad

Oh well...with MPPS cable will I be able to read and write through OBD port in car (without boot mode) or do I still have to remove the ECU from the car?

I also have a Galletto 1260 cable as well...would this work or??

Thank you again!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:52:21 PM by treepog » Logged
Snow Trooper

There is a English version of galleto and a hack to make any ftdi cable work with it by changing a serial number.  With that you can read and write your ecu in boot mode.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
treepog

Thanks for the reply...so I can use Galletto cable or MPPS cable with my ecu but I must use boot mode with both of them? Neither will do it without using bootmode?

Is there an advantage to using Galletto or MPPS? Which one is better or are they both the same basically?

Thanks!
Snow Trooper

You can use the hacked version with any cable, even a Ross tech one.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
treepog

Thanks again for the reply.

I guess what I'm wondering is if I can only do this in boot mode? There is no way to just do straight OBD (without boot mode). With MPPS I will still need to use boot mode?
ddillenger

MPPS will work via OBD.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
treepog

Thank You soo much for all replies. I have an MPPS on the way.

Thanks again

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: