Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40
Author Topic: Anti-lag launch and no-lift-shift secrets inside  (Read 488655 times)
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2011, 01:15:42 PM »

I'm a little hesitant to use the anti-lag and no-lift-shift all the time.

Do people have any thoughts on enabling and disabling this feature without reprogramming the car?

I know the addresses of the cruise control button states, so maybe we could hook up something simple to enable and disable it.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2011, 01:20:23 PM »

I agree.  I think parts will be broken with this if used a lot.

Something like pushing the button 5 times in less than 3 seconds to enable while the brake is applied and the car declutched?
DJGonzo
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2011, 01:21:27 PM »

Anti lag only comes on if you floor it while you have your foot on the clutch pedal and no lift shift only works when you are over x% of throttle. If you are catless you shouldn't be horrified, but if you want to make it work with the cruise control stalk, be my guest  Grin
Rick

« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »

Found my problem - it was just a bad checksum, WinOLS found it straight away, think I know why it wasn't picked up the first time.

EGT's - for launch they at least they are not high, under 500C.

This is essentially a spark cut rev limiter that you will not be on for a long period of time, no different to how lots of turbo cars run.  Retarded timing and jacked throttle on overrun is different.

Rick. 
julex

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2011, 04:45:45 PM »

What you need to keep in mind is that it only cuts the spark while fueling when you're above certain RPMs and/or certain throttle %.

I set mine to over 80% throttle and 5k rpms. Also set it up for short duration, in my experience around 600ms is best.

If you don't keep your foot planted to the floor on the gas pedal while shifting in the activation zone IT WON'T do squat. With throttle closing almost to nothing when you let the pedal go and low g/s the amount of extra fuel will be completely benign.

You really need to drive the car to see it in action and learn when this kicks in. To get anywhere near usable amount of boost you need to essentially floor the gas pedal while rowing.

If you want less, just release the gas pedal slightly and it will take it a bit easier.

It would be nice to have a control over the activation without flashing though. I agree, but it is not a deal breaker to not have it.
Rick

« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2011, 03:03:14 AM »

I'm a little hesitant to use the anti-lag and no-lift-shift all the time.

Do people have any thoughts on enabling and disabling this feature without reprogramming the car?

I know the addresses of the cruise control button states, so maybe we could hook up something simple to enable and disable it.

A switch isn't needed for the launch/flat shift.

As said above, launch only works if you floor the throttle with clutch pressed and you are stationatry - you never do that in notmal driving.

Flat shift is the same - if you come off the throttle as normal during gear cahnges then nothing happens.  Nobody would know these features are enabled unless you told them.

However...

It would be nice if the code could be adapted to give true ALS.  This *does* kill turbos and would need to be enabled with a switch.  What we need is that when driver comws off throttl pedal, the plate remains open (the more, the more agressive the ALS) and the igntion is retarded massively and/or spark is cut to stop rpm going up.

A lot of the code is there for this from what I can see.  We "just" need to be able to force the throttle open.  Perhaps the request torque variable in RAM could be overitten tempororarily?  Or pedal position?

Rick
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2011, 09:37:29 AM »

Is there any way to reduce te amount of boost that is produced? I have no desire to shear off anything in my drivetrain but would like to be able to benefit from antilag when I go to the track. It would be great if there was a way to scale it down to say 8-10 PSI.

Also given the severity of antilag, is the general suggestion not to do this if you still have a cat? I'm running piggie pipes but I still have the main cat.

I posted this in my tuned file thread, but decreasing the launch RPM to 3500rpm dropped my launch boost to 15PSI.  I was seeing 30+ at 4500rpm.  15psi @ 3500 was still frying the tires though.
DJGonzo
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2011, 11:33:39 AM »

Ok lets see if someone can figure this one out... When I run this code and the ignition cuts kicks in, my ECU fuse burns. Its not the clutch pedal cuz I can play with it with the car running and nothing happens but if I trigger the anti lag, fuse burns.

Wth??
s5fourdoor

« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »

hey Jason - i like the lowering of the rpm, but if i recall from the launch-code development, this means that you can't keep the car above 3500rpm for more than 999 seconds?  i can't remember the exact amount, but could you please confirm this is correct?  if this is correct it means your long-term highway speed is limited to 92.5 mph.  now that isn't exactly a problem for most people, but i wanted to confirm this with you...
DJGonzo
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2011, 11:36:12 AM »

Code only gets triggered when you hit the clutch...
Matt Danger

« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2011, 11:42:41 AM »

hey Jason - i like the lowering of the rpm, but if i recall from the launch-code development, this means that you can't keep the car above 3500rpm for more than 999 seconds?  i can't remember the exact amount, but could you please confirm this is correct?  if this is correct it means your long-term highway speed is limited to 92.5 mph.  now that isn't exactly a problem for most people, but i wanted to confirm this with you...

Totally different method from the rev limiter based launch control. No time limit concerns.
DJGonzo
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »

Ok lets see if someone can figure this one out... When I run this code and the ignition cuts kicks in, my ECU fuse burns. Its not the clutch pedal cuz I can play with it with the car running and nothing happens but if I trigger the anti lag, fuse burns.

Wth??
I appreciate any responses since this is scary as hell. I have a spare ECU but most people don't.
matchew

« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2011, 12:04:24 PM »

Wth??

Which ECU are you running this on?
Rick

« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2011, 02:41:31 PM »

Sounds like a flyback issue.
DJGonzo
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2011, 02:49:08 PM »

Sounds like a flyback issue.
I actually thought of this... Could it be a faulty coil or will I need suppressors/diodes to fix this?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: