Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40
Author Topic: Anti-lag launch and no-lift-shift secrets inside  (Read 489854 times)
DJGonzo
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2011, 04:54:21 PM »

So I did a little more testing and unplugged coils one by one and repeated the process and none of them seem to be at fault since I still keep blowing the fuse....
n00b

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2011, 07:38:15 AM »

I'm a little hesitant to use the anti-lag and no-lift-shift all the time.

Do people have any thoughts on enabling and disabling this feature without reprogramming the car?

I know the addresses of the cruise control button states, so maybe we could hook up something simple to enable and disable it.

Tony I used this function daily on a stock turbo K03 1.8T running E85. It shot 6ft purple flames. The damage it did was it melted a flex in the 3" DP and melted a resonator. Expect it to do the same to a catalytic.

I used a N2MB WOT box which I am guessing does the same thing via hardware that the Tapp function does. I got rid of the Maestro curse before this was released. This required a misfire counter disable. I had no other issues with it ever.

Otherwise my turbine was fine, and exhaust valves were fine as well. That turbo is still kicking on a local car being abused with shaft speeds beyond spec.

This and anything else is a nice return for the poorly written maestro flasher and suite which set my car on fire in Indiana during a winter storm.

It was cool to be an unknowing beta tester on everything from your poorly written wizard apps that calculated the wrong values, to the dual bank rom and maestro setup which set my car on fire 1000 miles from home and caused me to have permanent scarring on my hands. Then the hours of time and many dollars having warped hardware machined flat.

Cheers Nefmoto, I'm getting acclimated and plan to contribute how and where I can.

RaraK

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2011, 08:06:54 AM »

Do people have any thoughts on enabling and disabling this feature without reprogramming the car?

I know the addresses of the cruise control button states, so maybe we could hook up something simple to enable and disable it.

Tony I used this function daily on a stock turbo K03 1.8T running E85. It shot 6ft purple flames. The damage it did was it melted a flex in the 3" DP and melted a resonator. Expect it to do the same to a catalytic.

I used a N2MB WOT box which I am guessing does the same thing via hardware that the Tapp function does. I got rid of the Maestro curse before this was released. This required a misfire counter disable. I had no other issues with it ever.

Otherwise my turbine was fine, and exhaust valves were fine as well. That turbo is still kicking on a local car being abused with shaft speeds beyond spec.

This and anything else is a nice return for the poorly written maestro flasher and suite which set my car on fire in Indiana during a winter storm.

It was cool to be an unknowing beta tester on everything from your poorly written wizard apps that calculated the wrong values, to the dual bank rom and maestro setup which set my car on fire 1000 miles from home and caused me to have permanent scarring on my hands. Then the hours of time and many dollars having warped hardware machined flat.

Cheers Nefmoto, I'm getting acclimated and plan to contribute how and where I can.

What!?  How did the car set on fire? by tuning, or the ECU caught on fire?  interesting.........

n00b

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2011, 08:32:45 AM »

What!?  How did the car set on fire? by tuning, or the ECU caught on fire?  interesting.........

I got the run around from Tapp, but Maestro cooked my timing table, and I guess it defaulted to a static value that was "safe". However with a 3071R @ 22psi on wastegatespring it was not safe, it caused enough EGT to set the firewall insulation on fire under the blanket. I scraped it off by hand at a gas station in Indiana then the ECU settings adjuster would not work right. I had to lemmiwinks a static timing advance to counteract the static retard.

All of this during a snowstorm. I was driving like a grandma. Had I been beating on the car not sure it would have been a recoverable fire/failure.

Best part? The flash reported "Flash completed ok/successfully"

Then I got "Why did you flash your car 1000 miles from home?"

Gee because your software should work right since I dropped a grand on it. The accelerator pedal map in that tune sucked horribly. The maps looked like 2d rollercoasters. I was not happy after giving it many chances, and updating the "suite" at least 10 times.

BTW, fire was post anti-lag/NLS box. It was 100% the fault of Maestro.

Lots of arguing/shipping ECU to canada. In the end I was out a lot of money, melty hands for a while, and time having all the exhaust hardware redone and putting a new head on after Maestro's timing mishaps made my exhaust valves the color of cigarette ash.

I was bribed with a refund to shut up, but hey people need to know the kind of person they do business with and trust.
RaraK

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2011, 09:15:42 AM »

I got the run around from Tapp, but Maestro cooked my timing table, and I guess it defaulted to a static value that was "safe". However with a 3071R @ 22psi on wastegatespring it was not safe, it caused enough EGT to set the firewall insulation on fire under the blanket. I scraped it off by hand at a gas station in Indiana then the ECU settings adjuster would not work right. I had to lemmiwinks a static timing advance to counteract the static retard.

All of this during a snowstorm. I was driving like a grandma. Had I been beating on the car not sure it would have been a recoverable fire/failure.

Best part? The flash reported "Flash completed ok/successfully"

Then I got "Why did you flash your car 1000 miles from home?"

Gee because your software should work right since I dropped a grand on it. The accelerator pedal map in that tune sucked horribly. The maps looked like 2d rollercoasters. I was not happy after giving it many chances, and updating the "suite" at least 10 times.

BTW, fire was post anti-lag/NLS box. It was 100% the fault of Maestro.

Lots of arguing/shipping ECU to canada. In the end I was out a lot of money, melty hands for a while, and time having all the exhaust hardware redone and putting a new head on after Maestro's timing mishaps made my exhaust valves the color of cigarette ash.

I was bribed with a refund to shut up, but hey people need to know the kind of person they do business with and trust.

Wow that is very unfortunate, glad your OK, thats pretty scary stuff right there.

n00b

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »

Think Out and double chek the logic and consequences of using tapp ideas in your code for that reason.

After my experience I trust nobody with tunes
DJGonzo
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2011, 10:02:20 AM »

http://forums.motivemag.com/showthread.php?4870094

Seems like Im not the only one with this problem...
n00b

« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2011, 10:40:34 AM »

http://forums.motivemag.com/showthread.php?4870094

Seems like Im not the only one with this problem...

Hope for the best and that it is not chris tapp strikes again. Hope this can e resolved. I'd love to eliminate my wot box.

I have had 0 issues with the wot box performing this function.
julex

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2011, 04:38:45 PM »

I've been using this for a while and zero issues, my car is Allroad though and maybe  I have different amp rating on the fuse.... everything in allroad is bulked up.

Oh... and I spun my tires today @ 55mph shifting into 3rd gear, and I have 255s all around too lol.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2011, 07:42:10 AM »

^^ Nice!  That happened to me too, it was slightly damp getting on the highway in 3rd I went WOT and the car went sideways @ 120km/h LOL.

It sounds like the coil charge times are too high... look at what it did to that poor guy's 1.8T coils... my god.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Rick

« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »

Totally fine on my S4.  Daily driven with it for the last week and a half.  Does both the launch and flat shift blow the fuse?

Rick
lulu2003

« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2011, 05:19:29 AM »

this thread is awesome! :thumbsup:

I really need to dig into this, but still without the suitable ME7/Audi or at least Windows Vista Wink

regarding NLS, how far is your effort gone with replacing spark cut with retard?
How dangerous do you consider using NLS only?

regarding rev matching: aren't revs likely above the syncing rev of the next higher gear if you shift normally fast in a non-race car?
Rick

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2011, 04:06:19 AM »

Run into a slight issue.  When flat shifting, ECU is picking up a lot of knock from the missfire.  It's pulling out 12 degrees due to this, which then takes a few seconds to then advance.

Rick
DJGonzo
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2011, 05:34:16 AM »

We need to disable knock detection when the ignition cut kicks in.
orienz

« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2011, 12:16:21 PM »

I can probably provide an ME7.5 file with anti-lag/flat-shift if anyone wants to examine it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: