Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Totally tech savvy, totally wrench savvy, totally scared lol... So how do I??  (Read 29601 times)
AboveNBeyond

Ok so I think I am happy I came across this site, I am actively seeking and searching to mod my ECU...

First here is what I have:
2000 Audi A4 (B5) 1.8T (ATW) 5spd Quattro
Turbo upgraded to K04, FMIC, Carbino w/ K&N Cone filter, Boost guage, etc.
My ECU # is 4B0906018P
I already have a Vagcom type cable (from Alpha-Bid and their software working)

My question is this:

Is there anything on this site for my ecu matching well with my mods.
Is there a safe way to flash my ECU?

(I have searched some with no solid info found, will continue but thank you for any help you post)
AboveNBeyond

This looks promising... can anyone tell me anything about this file?
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2654.0title=
adam-

It's a KP file, you'll need WinOLS to open it.

If you've got the cable, read your file using the NefMoto software to get a BIN file.

Use WinOLS to open the BIN file, then attach the KP file to the BIN.  The KP is basically a contents page for your file.

By the description, its not very full, so you're only going to see a few maps, which is good for stage 1, but you can't really progress, you'll need to add more maps to go further.

Read the Wiki, it's all documented in there.
nyet
Administrator

Do not flash files you didn't write yourself, unless you understand EVERY SINGLE CHANGE made to that file with respect to stock.

There is no free lunch.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AboveNBeyond

Not lookin for a free lunch  Roll Eyes but if someone had a file that I could flash to my ecu that was already modified to give me something like a stage 1 or 2, I'd be a happy camper.

(Pardon me if me verbiage is not 100% accurate)
userpike

Not lookin for a free lunch  Roll Eyes but if someone had a file that I could flash to my ecu that was already modified to give me something like a stage 1 or 2, I'd be a happy camper.

(Pardon me if me verbiage is not 100% accurate)

From the way this sentence reads you certainly are looking for "free lunch", just sayin..
nyet
Administrator

Do not flash files you didn't write yourself, unless you understand EVERY SINGLE CHANGE made to that file with respect to stock.

There is no free lunch.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AboveNBeyond

There is no free lunch.

Jesus man... can you guys be any RUDER sh!t... I thought the info here was more open source, not MADE of gold. And you guys b!tchin about "free lunch" if you have NOTHING to offer, NOR anything to sell... then stfu you're useless and bitching for no reason.

I did receive a hopeful PM, I will go read more, try to see if I can learn, or rather wanna learn, vs pay.

Thank you all who posted positive info, everyone else... CHILL OUT!
ddillenger

There are several definition files for your car posted. In fact, last week I exported a map list. Start by reading the S4tuning wiki (it is very relevant to your car, all the maps are the same, just the addresses differ), and locating the maps it talks about. Make sense of what you're looking at, and go from there.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning

We try to discourage people from paying for files on this site, it hinders the DIY aspect. If after reading you have more questions, start a tune thread. There are no less than 10 active threads for the 1.8t right now.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

And you guys b!tchin about "free lunch" if you have NOTHING to offer

Let me know if you find something more comprehensive (or cheaper lol) than the s4wiki tuning page.

I busted my ass making stuff public; spent 10 years gathering (unencumbered) information into one place.

You're tilting at windmills.

ECUx Plot

AboveNBeyond

Let me know if you find something more comprehensive (or cheaper lol) than the s4wiki tuning page.

I busted my ass making stuff public; spent 10 years gathering (unencumbered) information into one place.

You're tilting at windmills.

That's great! Maybe I am maybe you are... misunderstanding... You're offering me nothing yet telling me I am looking for a free lunch. Look I am off to go read more about wtfe is on this forum about MY car, MY ECU, I will spend time wondering aimlessly in hopes that through reading ALL the how toos, probably reading much I do not need as it will not pertain to my car NOR ecu... after hours of doin so I will likely come to find ALL the info I need, the app to use, the cable to use, bang my way through it for hours and days...

Or I can ask and maybe someone who is polite (as I would be if someone happened upon any other forum I frequent such as custom firmwares on phones, etc) and maybe someone could say right off the bat...

Oh hey that ECU HAS TO HAVE A CHIP INSTALLED (Like GIAC does) or...
Hey, so in so knows all about those Audi ECU's or...
Hey I have a sweet file I can give you for $xxx.xx I spent hours creating it, it does XYZ...

or there's those other kind of pricks, you know the kind who gripe about "free lunch" but have nothing of value to post, or choose not to, yet still wanna b!tch.

Frusterating is all... I can work for Apple developing and testing the original iPhone, I can work for Honda motor Corp developing 3-D thermal stereo controls, I can work for Microsoft on the "kinect"... I can figure this out! But I can also buy a good file that someone created and willing to sell... meaning, I CAN BUY MY OWN LUNCH!
nyet
Administrator

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6101.msg56987#msg56987

ECUx Plot

AboveNBeyond

There are several definition files for your car posted. In fact, last week I exported a map list. Start by reading the S4tuning wiki (it is very relevant to your car, all the maps are the same, just the addresses differ), and locating the maps it talks about. Make sense of what you're looking at, and go from there.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning

We try to discourage people from paying for files on this site, it hinders the DIY aspect. If after reading you have more questions, start a tune thread. There are no less than 10 active threads for the 1.8t right now.

Thank you ddillenger! I am all over it. And all the "free lunch" comments sure don't sound like direction for a DIY'er. Sorry if it's just me being short fused.
nyet
Administrator

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

Thank you ddillenger! I am all over it. And all the "free lunch" comments sure don't sound like direction for a DIY'er. Sorry if it's just me being short fused.

You have no idea how many times we have seen these same questions asked. You have to understand that a solid 70 percent of new members come here just looking for a file. Trying to keep order is very stressful. Don't take it personally.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: