Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Good Galletto Software?  (Read 37478 times)
Rick

« on: May 19, 2011, 03:50:28 AM »

Think I may need bootmode later.

Last time I did this it was a pain, I think my software is bad.  Anyone post me a link to a software which works well with an M box  please?
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 07:07:02 AM »

pm me your email and i'll send it over tonight. it came on disk with my cable. no issues.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
Rick

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:57:05 AM »

email is richardm79 at gmail dot com

you could also attach it to this thread if it's less than 16mb?

Rick
Matt Danger

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 09:37:33 AM »

Attached
Rick

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:19:23 AM »

Thank you Smiley
kls

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 12:00:32 AM »

Just a reminder for anyone trying to use this the serial # embedded in the software .exe must match the serial stored in the FTDI chip of your cable for it to work. If the numbers don't match the serial inside the .exe can easily be changed with a hex editor.
phila_dot

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 12:56:41 AM »

Just a reminder for anyone trying to use this the serial # embedded in the software .exe must match the serial stored in the FTDI chip of your cable for it to work. If the numbers don't match the serial inside the .exe can easily be changed with a hex editor.

Really? The CD that came with my Galletto cable was blank, so I just downloaded it. Most sites that I have seen selling the cables just have a link for you to download the software. Obviously talking clones here.
kls

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 01:24:19 AM »

Most of them use the same serial #, but not always so that can cause a problem.
Matt Danger

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »

Good to know. The disc that came with my cable was just some no label mini data CD. So maybe they (or most) have the same serial number?
julex

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 02:08:59 PM »

I have a generic 1260 cable and it works with software that came with CD as well as 2 or 3 downloads on the internet. My guess is that the 1260 software + cable was once manuffed in china and now everyone has the same copy with the same serial number.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »

This did the trick for me. The serial number is stored after the text "Marca:" at offset 0x249E90 in EOBD1260.exe

You can get the serial # of your cable by dumping it using nefmoto -> Licensing -> Save Device Info to File

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 07:27:56 AM »

This did the trick for me. The serial number is stored after the text "Marca:" at offset 0x249E90 in EOBD1260.exe

You can get the serial # of your cable by dumping it using nefmoto -> Licensing -> Save Device Info to File

That's great info! Worked as stated.

On a side note, I haven't tried it yet, but has anyone gotten Galletto to work in a virtual machine? I saw someone else on here stated that was no good, but I was wondering. I have an older laptop with xp, but it randomly dies and such. Scares me. Tongue

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 08:37:58 AM »

rob: nope. I can't get any of the ftd drivers working right in xp mode

haven't tried any other virtual machines though.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 11:00:02 PM »

rob: nope. I can't get any of the ftd drivers working right in xp mode

haven't tried any other virtual machines though.

Well that sucks. (Thanks for the response nyet) I have Oracle virtualbox and xp pro. I'm hopefully settling on my first house this month and moving. After that I'll devote some time to testing and see what happens.

Any one else tried with virtualbox or vmware?, I think most of my stuff is packed up.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
JPower

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 05:41:29 PM »

Sorry for bringing that up again. Is there an other possibility to find out the serial number of the cable apart from doing it with Nefmoto? I read it out but want to test something without installing FTDI which are needed to start Nefmoto.

Thanks  Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: