Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I want a how to guide. Volunteers?  (Read 25990 times)
SB_GLI

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 01:53:30 PM »

I did some minor comments , they are ** with bright marking . My English are not good but you can add them to the final guide. What else to do guys I am thinking

Well at least you are making use of English slang "Good to go".  Smiley
Lost

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 11:31:11 PM »

Great initiative guys!!!

TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 06:16:34 AM »

Well at least you are making use of English slang "Good to go".  Smiley

Is that slang ? hehe , I hear it a lot in Movies  Cool

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
SB_GLI

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 06:27:16 AM »

Is that slang ? hehe , I hear it a lot in Movies  Cool

remember, us americans are exactly how they portray us in the movies.  Smiley
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 05:27:59 PM »

hmm I am sure about that Tongue

Anyway back to the topic , what else does a guide need ? Maybe a FAQ ?

ddillenger

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 06:41:26 PM »

hmm I am sure about that Tongue

Anyway back to the topic , what else does a guide need ? Maybe a FAQ ?

A FAQ would be great! Maybe some links to drivers, threads, etc?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 12:55:49 AM »

Ok I did some very basic Links and FAQ. I just test it to see how it looks like that. It need a lot more polishing I will do a version 2

_nameless

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 06:48:25 AM »

Ok I did some very basic Links and FAQ. I just test it to see how it looks like that. It need a lot more polishing I will do a version 2
^^ thats good!

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
turboat

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 10:19:23 AM »

Rolled in TCS' suggestions, added a 'What next' section, to give an intro into tuning, and added a bunch of stuff to the FAQ.
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 11:23:12 AM »

Rolled in TCS' suggestions, added a 'What next' section, to give an intro into tuning, and added a bunch of stuff to the FAQ.

great! I updated it some more.. Some minor fixes (somewhere the was ODB instead of OBD) , some more links (boot mode) ,deleted a complete blank page (page 5) ,fixed permenant instead of permanent,added the drag and drop choice @ Me7check etc .

Some native English speaker please check again for mistakes

turboat

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 12:45:13 PM »

Some native English speaker please check again for mistakes

Preferably a native english speaker who is a bit better at it than me Smiley
insomniacxp1

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 04:05:13 PM »

Hey guys,
First I'd like to say thank you for taking initiative as something like this would have been perfect when I first started lurking around. I know all the information is here, but rattling my brain around trying to think of search terms or words for what I was looking for proved unpromising. I thought possibly a couple comments by a noob would help, considering this is supposed to be for noobs hah. I'll keep it short.

- love the 'what's next'
- FAQ is good, covers everything I would I have asked/liked to know
- more info on boot mode? possible section for it. Making your own apparatus. Grounding pin/connecting/ect. I realize the FAQ has a link to the 'how-to'. Maybe add in what is a k-line, why do we need to connect it, can-low, can-high. Someone with an early 1.8 may not know they don't have can-bus.
- Possible return ecu to stock/switching tunes section? For the individual who has 93/e85. stock/93 ect.
- Appendix a good idea?

I know you guys don't want to make this a 68 page doc, because we know if your trying to search on audizine/vortex "how to bleed brakes", jumping head first into this probably isn't the best idea for ya. But maybe pepper in a couple more sentences and add a section or two. I know it's not in final form, just trying to give some constructive criticism from a noob pov. Would edit the doc, but I feel the additions are best left to some advanced people here that know their way around the stuff. Hope this helps!

- Mike
turboat

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 04:12:12 PM »

Cheers for the comments, may well add some comments about loading different maps on.

Re the canbus - is it relevant? For coding out modules, maybe, but from a tuning/mapping perspective it doesn't seem too important.

Just thought I should add something on checksums.
ddillenger

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »

I will ask that when this is done it gets posted here, I will go through and neaten it all up Smiley

All that contribute will receive credit for their contribution. A couple of you might even find some custom user tags under your names-lol.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 04:28:09 AM »

I also started another version, well basically is what it is done so far but instead of links (Boot mode ,well boot mode is: this "LINK"_) I add text .Ofcourse in the end there will be links for the sources.

I will cover the boot mode next , complete how too , with pictures of mine ,what resistors to use etc.

I am just confused is that guide about Nefmoto software ? Or generally about ME7 ? Tongue Because nefmoto can`t boot so , I think we are going to far ? no ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: