Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: WinOLS for a mk4 AUM Golf GTI - 06A906032HJ 0002 (Questions)  (Read 64634 times)
dgpb

« on: August 19, 2014, 01:49:41 PM »

Hi mates, i'm a very beginner in chiptuning. My car is a Vw Golf mk4 GTI from 2002, AUM Code.

This is my first post so, if I'm in the wrong subforum or breaking any rules, please notify me and I'll make the neccesary changes.

I've spent several hours reading here in Nefmoto but I couldn't find the information that I'm searchging for. Hope you can help me.

First things first. I've tried to extract the eeprom from my ECU but i couldn't do it. My interface is the "VAG11.11 HEX+CAN Dal-K & Can <-> USB Interfce for VCDS Rev.b www.Ross.Tech.com", wich I think it's suposed to work fine with NefMoto software... But i've tried everything, inteligent mode on/off, slow int, fast int, automatic speed detection, manual speed with all the combinations but the message remains the same: Something like "Couldn't connect with ftdi device". I must say that nefmoto software detects perfectly my interface.

So, I can't either read or write my ECU.

Anyway, doesn't matter now cause I've downloaded my stock file thanks to a thread from this fantastic forum. And, logically, I'm not gonna put my own modified eeprom in my car until I'm pretty sure it's safe to my engine.

So I started practicing with WinOLS and maps from a 1.9 tdi Passat B5 (which I supose, is pretty common for beginners, there's plenty of info... egr, torque limiter, correction factors...)
Everything's ok. Let's move to my AUM Smiley

I get mad the first time I opened it (06A906032HJ 0002 stock eeprom). In 1.9 tdi I could think a bit and identify maps, the correction factors were just powers of 10. But here i'm not able to even identify RPMs. So, or factors can be as 0.0346735673, or I'm just stupid.

I know there are damos and things like that in this forum, but my WinOLS is a test version... So to keep learning, the only I can do is knowing the factors and the approx aspect of the maps to try to modify things, copypaste to an independent Hex editor and do anything with the checksums using an independent program. (Or, if any of you can help me finding a cracked version W7-working... It'd be perfect. But I'm not sure if it's banned)

SUMMARY:
Issue connecting Ross-Tech VAG11.11 to Nefmoto Flashing software
Help finding maps and factors for Stock AUM flash (06A906032HJ 0002) in WinOLS
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:36:25 AM by diegogpb » Logged
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »

1) probably cable issue ,nef should work just fine , you did all the correct steps
2) Realy HJ is very common I think you didnt search enough here sir ,you can create a good mappack easily  Grin

EDIT: ok I just read that you use Winols test version . I suggest to use Tunerpro ,create an XDF comparing an already defined xdf

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
dgpb

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 03:35:05 AM »

I don't think the cable have any issue, cause it works fine with vcds... Diagnostic, logging...

As i've said, i've found several damos/xdf for my eeprom but i can't use them. I haven't found any thread about map locations and factors. If there is any of them and you could post the link, it'd be perfect.

I'll take a look on tunerpro anyway, thanks  Wink
dgpb

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 01:35:50 PM »

Anyone out there?
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:20:12 PM »

Is the cable configured not to boot in intelligent mode in the VCDS options menu?

Have you downloaded one of the 1,000,000 ols files on this site? 032HS should be a perfect match for 032HJ, and is fully defined.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Denis

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 11:16:57 PM »

I use a cable with Galetto aliekspress ($ 10). software downloaded on s4.wiki.com. Aum also, everything works.
winols very complicated and expensive. Tunerpro - that's what you want, and the file .xdf (DAMOS) are on s4.wiki.
not yet know how to count checksums, and do not understand many maps.
 good luck

ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 11:44:07 PM »

The galletto cable likely will not work with the nefmoto software.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
dgpb

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 03:34:33 AM »

As i've said, yes. I've tried to connect with intelligent mode disabled.

I'll take a look at hs maps anyway, thanks
dgpb

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 08:49:02 AM »

Another aspect

I've just opened my interface and it's got the FT232RL chip o it, so there's no any reason for a faulty connection with NefMoto software

I'm gonna try to connect one more time and I'll paste the logs here... Let's see if we find what's causing it to fail.

EDIT: From "Cables that YOU, the members, have confirmed working! Post yours within." Thread
What does only work for VCDS, but NOT FOR FLASHING etc. is the VCDS 11.11 Clone!   <- This would be the reason, I'll have to get a blue cable
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:03:06 AM by diegogpb » Logged
dgpb

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 06:48:00 AM »

If, by the moment, I flash HN or HS software into my HJ ecu... Will everything be ok?
I've read those are crossflashable but not 100% sure
Can anyone confirm me that please? What is the "most compatible" 180hp software with mi HJ ecu?

Even being crossflashable, AUM alternator (not sure if it's correct in english... Electrical generator) generates less amperes than AUQ's one. Will that fault cause any limp mode?

Finally. Is as simple as that? Or I'm gonna have to do something with immo... Etc?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:50:08 AM by diegogpb » Logged
dgpb

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 01:32:18 PM »

Does anyone know it?
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 03:31:12 PM »

It'll be fine.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
dgpb

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 06:26:41 PM »

Need a little bit of help. I can't find KFMIOP on 032HN... can anyone?
dgpb

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 06:01:25 AM »

Have anyone found it?
dgpb

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 01:04:53 PM »

No matter, I've found it... axes were shared an very strangely located

Now, I realize KFMIRL  is limited by LDRXN / ZK. Being KFMIRL equal in both AUM (HJ) and AUQ (HN), the difference is just LDRXN limitation is lower on the AUM

It comes to my mind... KFMIRL seems quite well worked, but its higer values are never reached thanks to LDRXN so:

Could it be a very soft and very lazy stage "0.5" to an AUM, the HN software with simply LDRXN map incremented in, let's say 10? Not cause I'm so terribly lazy, but I wanna know if the increment in LDRXN is only a bit... will I need to touch any other map?

Edit: I can't believe it, even KFLDHBN (Tempemperature limitating boost) is THE SAME in HN and HJ... Will It really be LDRXN / ZX the only difference???
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:19:58 PM by diegogpb » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: