Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 472219 times)
FlyboyS4

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 07:48:53 AM »

Grad C is degrees in celsius.

Thanks, odd units for that axis.

Where van i get such Nice defined M xdf? Would you share?

That is Nye's XDF
http://nyet.org/cars/files/defs/.
turboat

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 07:54:10 AM »

Awesome project Smiley

Far too many people don't seem to understand even basic concepts absolutely vital to engine tuning of any kind.

Most people have no idea why timing should be removed somewhere and added else where except for maybe they've heard/read that peak TQ will have the lowest value (not always true) or something to that respect. Or why targeting a certain lambda value on one engine/setup won't work for another. Most don't understand the other many influences that happen in a dynamic running engine.

Is there any recommended reading on this? I understand the principals of IC engines, what all the bits do and how they work, but wouldnt have a clue to know where timing should be advanced or retarded, or how to work out what lambda values I should be aiming for.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 10:44:54 AM »

Presently I am logging the following variables with ME7Logger:

nmot (RPM)
gangi (GEAR)
wdkba (ThrottlePlateAngle)     

pus_w (BaroPressure)               
plsol_w (BoostPressureDesired)
pvdkds_w (BoostPressureActual)
ldtvm    (BoostFrequencyValveDutyCycle)
mshfm_w (MassAirFlow)
tans   (IntakeAirTemperature)
zwout (IgnitionAngle)

dwkrz_0  {IgnitionRetardCyl1}
dwkrz_3  {IgnitionRetardCyl2}   
dwkrz_2  {IgnitionRetardCyl3}           
dwkrz_5  {IgnitionRetardCyl4} 
dwkrz_1  {IgnitionRetardCyl5}                     
dwkrz_4  {IgnitionRetardCyl6}                     

rkrn_w_0  {KnockVoltageCyl1}       
rkrn_w_3  {KnockVoltageCyl2}                   
rkrn_w_2  {KnockVoltageCyl3}                                         
rkrn_w_5  {KnockVoltageCyl4}   
rkrn_w_1  {KnockVoltageCyl5} 
rkrn_w_4  {KnockVoltageCyl6}   

vfil_w  (SPEED)

fr_w {LambdaControl}   
lamsbg_w (AirFuelRatioDesired)
ti_b1  (InjectionTime)
tats_w {EGTSensor} 
tats2_w {EGTSensorBank2}       
tabgm {EGTModelBeforeCat}           
tabgm2  {EGTModelBeforeCatBank2}

usvk  {O2SVoltageSensor1}         
usvk2 {O2SVoltageSensor1Bank2}
rl_w  (EngineLoad)
fzabgs_w  (CountMisfireTotal)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 02:12:52 PM »

here is my list (semicolons are comments)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nyetwurk/ME7L/master/logs/typical.lst

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 08:23:27 AM »

Awesome project Smiley

Is there any recommended reading on this? I understand the principals of IC engines, what all the bits do and how they work, but wouldnt have a clue to know where timing should be advanced or retarded, or how to work out what lambda values I should be aiming for.

Lots of information out there, but this document does a great job at getting some of the very important fundamentals across (attached).

My advice is to read as much as you can get your hands on... If you're the type that learns better hands on, get friendly with some local shops/engine builders or consider a course for ICE or even tuning (beginner courses usually touch on ICE basics).

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
digitalhippie

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 01:30:13 PM »

Loving this thread already... since this is all info I'll be looking for after I sort out the problems with my allroad.

One thing - the XDF on here for mbox is missing a lot of the variables that are listed on the wiki.  It would help to have an updated XDF with all of the parameters from the wiki defined.

Another thing - should include some clear directions for disabling emissions equipment... there is a lot of information on the forum and wiki, but it's tough for a newb to follow
_nameless

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 04:48:56 PM »

A lot of basic info but was a good read figured id share https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9AlTN-WfgmnN2huYjhaRnJFcGs/edit?usp=sharing

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
ddillenger

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 05:06:21 PM »

Here is my contribution. These files are stock from a calibration standpoint. The Bosch files have obviously been converted to Bosch spec, and have had cw_can_r set so as to allow coding for non-esp cars without DTC's. Please look at the xdf, and realize that I understand some of the terminology is wrong. I went for universally understandable as opposed to black letter. Additionally, emissions and codewords are switches now, just click one button and they are set appropriately. No more explaining 1's and 0's. All units have been converted to mph, LDRXN has been converted to psi.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:51:45 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »

Very cool ^ So when you hit the switch for cat efficiency it sets the value to whatever the mask is in the XDF perameter to bit 0 or 0x01?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:50:54 PM by em.Euro.R18 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 05:59:24 PM »

I'm not convinced making ldrxn psi is a good idea...

I'm tempted to say you can have both a PSI version and a load version of the map in the xdf, but I guess that would confusing (even though you could use it to illustrate there is a relationship).

In my map packs, I doubled up all the lambda tables into lambda and AFR. Also, i have a krkte double that is cc/min... and KUMSRL (uh i think thats the map?) that is displacement.

Or maybe this is the wrong time to bring it up :/ I'm a bad teacher so ignore me at will.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »

I'm not convinced making ldrxn psi is a good idea...

I'm tempted to say you can have both a PSI version and a load version of the map in the xdf, but I guess that would confusing (even though you could use it to illustrate there is a relationship).

In my map packs, I doubled up all the lambda tables into lambda and AFR. Also, i have a krkte double that is cc/min... and KUMSRL (uh i think thats the map?) that is displacement.

Or maybe this is the wrong time to bring it up :/ I'm a bad teacher so ignore me at will.

The goal here is to make this more approachable and limit confusion.

I know, technically everyone should read the FR and understand how ME7 converts load request to boost, but that's beyond the scope of what we're trying (at least me) to accomplish here. Once people see appreciable results from their OWN work, I think that'll create the drive to dig deeper. I feel as though if we keep the redundancy to a minimum, it'll prevent a lot of questions later.

With that being said, I'm just approaching this based on the questions I get most. I would love to hear from some of the new members, fresh off the boat. I figure I'll add map names in parenthesis in the xdf descriptions for the stage2 xdf, that way the natural progression steers people in the right direction.

HOWEVER:

These are just my thoughts. I don't want to monopolize this, or trivialize anyone's ideas. That's not what I'm about Tongue
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:10:12 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ddillenger

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 06:13:13 PM »

Very cool ^ So when you hit the switch for cat efficiency it sets the value to whatever the mask is in the XDF perameter to bit 0 or 0x01?

This is correct. Same with all of the other switches. Try it out.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 06:39:29 PM »

Thoughts?

As a kickoff I think the XDF is excellent.

I could live with LDRXN not being in PSI, but that's only because I do a separate calculation on a spreadsheet to get an estimate for what PSI would be.  For now leaving it as PSI is probably the way to go, erring on the side of simplicity is my preference, it's easier to introduce advanced concepts after a basic understanding has been established rather than getting bogged down trying to explain things that could have been avoided in the first place.

For those following along at home, should we have set the Rev limiter and Speed Limiter at this point?  Looking ahead, next we will...
ddillenger

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »

I put those in the xdf Smiley

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 07:11:48 PM »

I think having both versions in the xdf (load and psi values for LDRXN for example) and so on would be great to help people learn on their own the relationship between the two. Once they get comfortable they will most likely move over to using the tables/maps correctly (load values for LDRXN). Just took a look at the xdf...Might also be good to add the ME7 acronym along with it's English description for the maps, and adding axis descriptions for the ones that aren't obvious. Great job by the way!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:32:23 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: