Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 461953 times)
FlyboyS4

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2014, 08:13:46 PM »

Jeff:

My advice for LAMFA is in the comments.

Rescale the axis to 50 60 70 80 90 97.5

Ok, when I looked at the axis values I was thinking the 0.50 0.60 etc was the way the percent value was written in the table, which is why the last value changed from 1.0 to 0.97  I'll make the update.
ddillenger

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2014, 08:28:26 PM »

Awesome. As you have it, any torque request at all (over 1 percent) will result in an AFR request of 12.2-lol

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2014, 10:14:42 PM »

Ok, when I looked at the axis values I was thinking the 0.50 0.60 etc was the way the percent value was written in the table, which is why the last value changed from 1.0 to 0.97  I'll make the update.

The S4 wiki tuning page explains that this is wrong and there are links to the thread here which breaks it down in detail.

PLEASE let me know if the tuning page is missing something; I really want to make sure it is complete with respect to this tutorial.

If you didn't see it, that is a bit distressing...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2014, 06:48:28 PM »

The S4 wiki tuning page explains that this is wrong and there are links to the thread here which breaks it down in detail.

PLEASE let me know if the tuning page is missing something; I really want to make sure it is complete with respect to this tutorial.

If you didn't see it, that is a bit distressing...

I'm not following the S4 Wiki tuning page, at least not unless I am directed to look at something specific.  I have seen the relevant section but was not certain of the applicability to the thread's XDF. 

Here's the corrected settings:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:19:17 PM by FlyboyS4 » Logged
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2014, 07:10:56 PM »

Alright, I guess the next step is, who is familiar with me7logger, and wants to guinea pig the stage1 and log it?

I've successfully used it! After a little time with winOLS with comparing a defined 551M ecu it actually was pretty easy. Added KFZW's axis, IOP, IRL corrected addresses for 551T.  I cannot post any logs at this time because A.) I can't get the visual logger to connect and B.) the throttle hose keeps blowing off.   Roll Eyes When I am finished debugging the logger/hose issue I'll post them up!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:14:13 PM by em.Euro.R18 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2014, 09:52:33 PM »

Here's the corrected settings:

Looks good. I'd leave the last entry 100.0 to prevent confusion.

Also, the XDF should probably explicitly call that table the axis... maybe something like

"Pedal position axis for the Desired Air/Fuel Ratio table" so it is clear it is related to the "Desired Air/Fuel Ratio" table.. I wish TP let you change axis data directly :/

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2014, 09:54:36 PM »

Download the xdf nye, look at the comments. There is a paragraph for each map explaining everything Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2014, 10:01:51 PM »

Download the xdf nye, look at the comments. There is a paragraph for each map explaining everything Smiley

No, I saw it, just saying maybe it would be better if it specifically said "axis" in the table name itself..

Also, as to your question (from that other thread) if we should use BTS instead... I think that is actually more complicated. Too much stuff has to change.

Also, this way introduces the idea of changing "axis" data in gentle way (I hope).

My 2 cents of course..

ECUx Plot

vwaudiguy

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2014, 10:51:09 PM »

This was another reason why I suggested adding the true map name along with the English translation. There is no way to directly relate to the wiki.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Lost

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2014, 08:14:54 AM »

This was another reason why I suggested adding the true map name along with the English translation. There is no way to directly relate to the wiki.

+1
b4A4nowA6

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2014, 09:37:39 AM »

6 pages this far, and personally I don't see how this thread benefits anyone learning how to tune ME7.

If you would stay true to the topic/thread title, there should be just a list of maps with a suggested range of changes listed in the first post from input of the users.  THAT would be a true community Stage 1 project.  The back and forth going on here mean this will end up to be a 30 page thread with information scattered everywhere and people trying to piece parts of info together because they don't really know what the map they're changing actually does and why it does what it does.

Or am I the only one that see's this?
I agree. I was hoping to use this thread to put a little more focus on specific maps and what they do. I am on Me7.1.1 so my xdf is still in German which makes it that much harder. I find I am still having to jump from 10 different threads to feel like I am getting somewhere.
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2014, 10:48:20 AM »

Honestly LAMFA is probably the most straight forward fueling map to use for beginners. You will also have BTS if the user is on stock ish exhaust system as a safety. In order to get BTS to work efficiently it would take the user some time with playing with the EGT temp trigger and dialing it in.
ddillenger

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2014, 11:59:30 AM »

Alright. Once Jeff rescales the LAMFA axis, and posts a log (preferably with light throttle/closed loop leading to WOT) We'll call fueling good. Then neuter timing a bit for the next revision? What say you? I'm tempted to go right to boost, but on 91 octane, even stock timing at peak load can get messy.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2014, 12:01:31 PM »

Alright. Once Jeff rescales the LAMFA axis, and posts a log (preferably with light throttle/closed loop leading to WOT) We'll call fueling good. Then neuter timing a bit for the next revision? What say you? I'm tempted to go right to boost, but on 91 octane, even stock timing at peak load can get messy.

I think we can go straight to boost.

ECUx Plot

FlyboyS4

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2014, 02:16:58 PM »

Alright. Once Jeff rescales the LAMFA axis, and posts a log (preferably with light throttle/closed loop leading to WOT) We'll call fueling good.

Are the changes I posted most recently correct?  Saw the other discussion where possibly making the change with a hex editor would be needed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: