Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 461966 times)
SB_GLI

« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2014, 10:25:13 AM »

I'd like to help get this thread moving again.   I have an '03 allroad, which is ME7.1.1, so I will need to use a different software base.  Do you think that will be an issue? 

I already have a decent stage I tune for it, but I am all for starting from scratch for the sake of helping others. 
SB_GLI

« Reply #241 on: December 12, 2014, 01:46:20 PM »

No, we only need somebody willing to log a M box car. Not a tip. Not a tip A6. Not a tip allroad. A stock M 6sp.

not even a 6 speed allroad?  Smiley  I understand though as it's a completely different software base.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2014, 02:03:07 PM »

not even a 6 speed allroad?  Smiley  I understand though as it's a completely different software base.

APB 6sp allroad would be fine.

Alternately, if you could supply ram locations for ALL of the torque variables I have for the s4 mbox, that would suffice.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2014, 05:39:37 PM »

In a couple of weeks I'll be putting my car back together and will be able to resume some logging, weather permitting.

I agree the discussion has gone into the deep end too quickly.
dozer103

« Reply #244 on: January 03, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »

No, we only need somebody willing to log a M box car. Not a tip. Not a tip A6. Not a tip allroad. A stock M 6sp.

Alright guys, I'm finally about ready to get started. My progress will be slow as time and money are tight. Working with an '01.5 S4 Avant 6MT, stock except for an SSAC cat back. I've downloaded the M-box Hitachi .bin, and loaded it to ME7 logger - also tracked the changes made through the thread and made updates to the .bin file accordingly. Two questions...

Daz, your footnote in requested boost table says max at 14 PSI for stage 1 but Jeff's last requested boost profile maxed at 14.9. Where should I start once I flash the stage 1 file?

Nye, your list of logging variables contains things not in the bin file in the thread. Should I download a different bin file to create my csv from for logging or just use the variables that are there? I'm also assuming that the entries in your list that still have semicolons in front of them should not be logged. Please let me know where I'm off base, and I'll try to post some stock logs as well as logs of the file as far as it progressed by next weekend.

Thanks and let's get this project going again!

Cragg
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #245 on: January 03, 2015, 11:12:12 PM »

Daz, your footnote in requested boost table says max at 14 PSI for stage 1 but Jeff's last requested boost profile maxed at 14.9. Where should I start once I flash the stage 1 file?

I'm not sure I like this approach, it is very confusing. I kinda think the req boost thing is a non-starter; we have to make people start with req load. for better or for worse.

Nye, your list of logging variables contains things not in the bin file in the thread.

Yea, there is a bunch of stuff that can be added by hand to the .ecu file which is not autodetected by ME7Info..

This is probably beyond the ability of a noob, but I'm including it here for completeness. Since this thread is SPECIFICALLY about the m-box, I suppose a complete .ecu file should be standardized on (and doesn't necessarily have to be the auto generated .ecu file)

I have a file with torque monitoriing vars and a file with misc extra vars here:
https://github.com/nyetwurk/ME7L/tree/master/ecus

Complete ecu/cfgs here:
http://files.s4wiki.com/ME7L-ecu/

I'm also assuming that the entries in your list that still have semicolons in front of them should not be logged

Ya those are optional and are included for completeness in case we have to do further debugging.

BTW thank you for throwing your hat into the ring and contributing your time!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:09:53 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dozer103

« Reply #246 on: January 04, 2015, 05:49:53 AM »

I'm not sure I like this approach, it is very confusing. I kinda think the req boost thing is a non-starter; we have to make people start with req load. for better or for worse.

I for one have no prob with req load. I plan on going further than Stage 1 and have read enough to be familiar with the concepts. Kinda think if I can't grasp how it works I shouldn't play with it. Don't know if I should be worried about hurting something (fueling, exhaust restriction, IAT cut, ect.) over a certain load threshold. I know we went that high to get load actual closer to the target.

Yea, there is a bunch of stuff that can be added by hand to the .ecu file which is not autodetected by ME7Info..

This is probably beyond the ability of a noob, but I'm including it here for completeness. Since this thread is SPECIFICALLY about the m-box, I suppose a complete .ecu file should be standardized on (and doesn't necessarily have to be the auto generated .ecu file)

I have a file with torque monitoriing vars and a file with misc extra vars here:
https://github.com/nyetwurk/ME7L/tree/master/ecus

Complete ecu/cfgs here:
http://files.s4wiki.com/ME7L-ecu/

Ya those are optional and are included for completeness in case we have to do further debugging.

Much rather have complete info in logs than not, as long as my laptop doesn't choke on it!  Grin  I believe we stalled thinking IOP needed attention? Can I convert the .ecu files to .bin to make a .cfg file for logging or can you walk me through manual entry??
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #247 on: January 04, 2015, 03:09:02 PM »

Can I convert the .ecu files to .bin to make a .cfg file for logging or can you walk me through manual entry??

No, you just add them by hand to the .ecu file via text editor (or unix "/bin/cat" etc).

ECUx Plot

dozer103

« Reply #248 on: January 04, 2015, 09:46:18 PM »

No, you just add them by hand to the .ecu file via text editor (or unix "/bin/cat" etc).

Learning that will take me a minute or two. If we are keeping Stage 1 noob-friendly (and what a noob I am!) and using ME7 Logger for logging results, we newcomers will be limited by the variables generated by the bin files available to us that we can import. That said, can we get done what we need to get done with the variables pulled from Daz's Hitachi M-box bin? If not I'll either need some pointed instruction on how to text edit in the variables we need or how to convert your ecu or cfg files to something ME7 logger can use.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #249 on: January 04, 2015, 11:01:47 PM »

Learning that will take me a minute or two.

Appropriate .ecu and .cfg files are linked in my post above.

Again, it is LITERALLY simply adding lines to the .ecu and .cfg files..

ECUx Plot

dozer103

« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2015, 04:26:49 AM »

Appropriate .ecu and .cfg files are linked in my post above.

Again, it is LITERALLY simply adding lines to the .ecu and .cfg files..

Bear with me brother - like speaking Greek to a redneck. Not a dumb redneck, just need a Greek friend to translate. If I understand, I can just add the variables to my .cfg file in ME7 logger in the order you listed them? The .ecu file though...never modified one with a text editor and I have minimal understanding of what I see when I open the .ecu file with Note Pad. If that's where you're telling me to go (hope you're not telling me to go somewhere else!)...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2015, 10:14:01 AM »

Again, the FULL FILES are in one of the links above, and you still have to edit the .cfg to add/remove which vars you want to log, so you already have things open in notepad Tongue

ECUx Plot

dozer103

« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2015, 11:23:57 PM »

Alright folks - productive coupla weeks. Bench flashing setup done, Galletto cable ordered and received, C5 ECU converted to M-box and Stage 1 program flashed. Nyet, I couldn't find addresses in your files for 5 variables you listed: lamsoni_w, lamsoni2_w, uulsuv_w, ldimxr_w, and B_ldsus. They were not logged. Also, the address I found listed for B_ldipos (0x02) appeared to be incomplete - I included it in my ecu file at (0x0200). Please let me know if that is incorrect!

For those as green as myself that want to add logging variables in ME7L, here's what to do in plain English. In ME7L at "Create ECU File" select the .bin file you are running. That will create a corresponding .ecu file in ME7L. At "Create Template File" select the .ecu file you just made - that will yield a .cfg file in ME7L to select your logging variables from. In order to add additional logging variables you will need to add the new variable into both the .ecu file you created (with the address where it resides) and into your .cfg file to select for logging.

Full .csv files attached for two 3rd gear pulls at 2500 - 6500. Boost shown roughly correlates to 89% of LDRXN that IOP limits request to...where shall we go from here?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2015, 01:10:10 AM »

lamsoni_w, lamsoni2_w, uulsuv_w, ldimxr_w, and B_ldsus

Yep, not applicable to Mbox

Full .csv files attached for two 3rd gear pulls at 2500 - 6500. Boost shown roughly correlates to 89% of LDRXN that IOP limits request to...where shall we go from here?

Honestly, not much more. We are almost out of injector duty cycle. We could sacrifice some fuel for boost but I'm unsure that is safe. I know other stage 1 files run a lot more boost at 14.7 .. but I don't know if that's a good idea.

ECUx Plot

dozer103

« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2015, 08:51:11 AM »

If I'm reading this right should be safe in duty cycle at lower RPM? The duty cycle is high over 6K RPM, but looks like it would handle more boost down low if we keep boost taper the same. I would like to get rid of that load request drop at cam changeover, and it looks like there's plenty of injector cycle to play with enrichment under 6K. That would allow us to fine tune timing and fuel to keep knock away. I'm running 93 octane though, don't know how safe that would be for the 91 guys...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: